Bornintothe

Larry Wheels lifts the Inch Dumbbell

Aleksandar Milosevic
7 minutes ago, Joseph Sullivan said:

Thor had a stroke? That makes sense. I always wondered what was up with his mouth.

They say it's Bell's palsy, but it's lasting way too long and it's not improving, so I'd say it might have been a small stroke. 

12 minutes ago, Hopefully said:

You can not even mention it I believe. You are absolutely breaking the rule. It is a very weird policy but that's how it is. 

If that's true, the admins are going to delete the post, I'm fine with it.

• Like 1

king crusher

Hes supposedly had the bells palsy for over a year. It doesnt last that long. It was most likely a stroke and didn't want people to know.

• Like 1

LAINE SNOOK
2 hours ago, Joseph Sullivan said:

Thor had a stroke? That makes sense. I always wondered what was up with his mouth.

I thought he had Bell's palsy?

• Like 2

Joseph Sullivan
10 hours ago, LAINE SNOOK said:

I thought he had Bell's palsy?

The other guys saying it was a stroke, disguised as bells. I had no idea he had either, but noticed he makes some strange faces. Especially when putting in his mouth guard. 

• Like 1

Anthony C.
17 hours ago, Rick Walker said:

If you do your research on AAS, the amount of deaths attributed to them are minimal at best. Aspirin kills more people every year then AAS.

I'm not arguing with your post, but I do think that there are more people taking aspirin than steroids, so this may not be a fantastic example.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

king crusher
2 minutes ago, Anthony C. said:

I'm not arguing with your post, but I do think that there are more people taking aspirin than steroids, so this may not be a fantastic example.

Exactly.  Otc meds are taken at a rate so much higher it's not worth even saying something like that. 

It's like saying more people die choking on cheerios than fighting a grizzly bear.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Joseph Sullivan
17 minutes ago, king crusher said:

Exactly.  Otc meds are taken at a rate so much higher it's not worth even saying something like that. 

It's like saying more people die choking on cheerios than fighting a grizzly bear.  

I don’t know guys, by the looks of Instagram photo posts, looks like there are just as many taking them as aspirin these days. 😂

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Mywor

Bells Palsy's effects can last for a long period of time. Claiming that Thor had a stroke and proof is long lasting effects is ridiculous. I highly doubt he would have competed last year if he had a stroke (no matter how small). Also I have not seen any stroke cases with only facial drooping symptoms as a nurse / physiotherapist. He would most likely have some symptoms all over his left side as well. 

Edited by Mywor
  • Like 3

Joseph Sullivan
8 minutes ago, Mywor said:

Bells Palsy's effects can last for a long period of time. Claiming that Thor had a stroke and proof is long lasting effects is ridiculous. I highly doubt he would have competed last year if he had a stroke (no matter how small). Also I have not seen any stroke cases with only facial drooping symptoms as a nurse / physiotherapist. He would most likely have some symptoms on all over his left side as well. 

I am rehab therapist in a nursing home/rehab  setting as well , noticed his face, never thought he had a stroke, that’s what others have said. His is more consistent with a Bell’s palsy since it’s local to the face. But who knows. It’s just people speculating on the net. 

• Like 3

Wannagrip

I noticed in multiple videos his (Thor) eyes almost appear shut and look almost swelled shut.  Anyone else notice this?

• Like 1

Andrew Dube
25 minutes ago, Wannagrip said:

I noticed in multiple videos his (Thor) eyes almost appear shut and look almost swelled shut.  Anyone else notice this?

061515-game-of-thrones-mountain-750x522-

• Haha 1

Joseph Sullivan
1 hour ago, Wannagrip said:

Yes, all the time, and talks out of the side of his mouth a lot. Like paralysis of the muscles 

Bornintothe

He constantly looks like he’s about sneeze.   If he ever does the whole North Atlantic seaboard better watch out. 

David_wigren
19 hours ago, Anthony C. said:

Also if a person dies of aspirin, it’s much easier to attribute the cause of death. AAS is much more difficult because it doesn’t have the same acute toxicity. Also due to rules on ethics, it’s almost impossible to do any research on it. However, I’d be willing to bet that only a small fraction of the actual deaths caused by AAS ever gets officially attributed as such. I’d bet if you also factor in other causes of deaths which might not be immediately obvious as being due to steroids, such as from suicides and death by increased risk behavior etc. You’d probably find that death by AAS is alot more common than people realize. 

I mean, did Rich Piana’s and Dallas McCarvers deaths even get officially attributed as being due to steriods?

• Thanks 1

Rick Walker
13 hours ago, David_wigren said:

Also if a person dies of aspirin, it’s much easier to attribute the cause of death. AAS is much more difficult because it doesn’t have the same acute toxicity. Also due to rules on ethics, it’s almost impossible to do any research on it. However, I’d be willing to bet that only a small fraction of the actual deaths caused by AAS ever gets officially attributed as such. I’d bet if you also factor in other causes of deaths which might not be immediately obvious as being due to steroids, such as from suicides and death by increased risk behavior etc. You’d probably find that death by AAS is alot more common than people realize. 

I mean, did Rich Piana’s and Dallas McCarvers deaths even get officially attributed as being due to steriods?

If this is correct, https://generationiron.com/dallas-mccarver-autopsy-released/, it was a contributing factor. Considering the size of his organs, it comes as no surprise. Also notice it mentions his family history. I believe Marunde had some hypertrophic cardiomyopathy in his family as well (maybe an uncle). Sadly, tons of athletes have this and never know it until they die of cardiac arrest. Interestingly, the Cleveland Clinic has begun doing septic myectomy on patients with a fairly high success rate https://my.clevelandclinic.org/health/diseases/17461-septal-myectomy. So, if the instances of this type of cardiomyopathy are semi-common in athletes, combining certain "supps" to the mix is going to speed up the process. Piana was not young, considering all he did to himself, he actually lasted longer then I thought he would.

On a side note, I am on HRT. My total test was around 200 this time last year. My endo put me on 200 mgs injections of test cyp every 2 weeks. My levels have been right around 600 since the injections. For the past 4 months I have been slamming leg work and deadlifts with tons on volume and intensity. I went in for my check up and all of my blood markers were good; HDL was high 60s, triglycerides were in the 90s, blood sugar was 80, etc. Blood pressure was 122/72. The strange part was my test level came in at 1233! I told her I didn't feel much different but I was getting strong pretty fast in the gym, actually strong enough to tear my adductor belly doing sumos. She said since all of my blood work as good, she had zero issues keeping me on 200 mgs every 2 weeks despite my total levels zooming up to 1233. She didn't even bat an eye at it due to all of my other blood work being excellent. No real explanation as to why my levels have shot through the roof, but I ain't complaining for now. Especially on only 200 mgs every 2 weeks. No anger issues, no suicidal thoughts, nothing like the Ben Affleck After School Special sh*t.

• Thanks 1

king crusher
1 hour ago, Rick Walker said:

If this is correct, https://generationiron.com/dallas-mccarver-autopsy-released/, it was a contributing factor. Considering the size of his organs, it comes as no surprise. Also notice it mentions his family history. I believe Marunde had some hypertrophic cardiomyopathy in his family as well (maybe an uncle). Sadly, tons of athletes have this and never know it until they die of cardiac arrest. Interestingly, the Cleveland Clinic has begun doing septic myectomy on patients with a fairly high success rate https://my.clevelandclinic.org/health/diseases/17461-septal-myectomy. So, if the instances of this type of cardiomyopathy are semi-common in athletes, combining certain "supps" to the mix is going to speed up the process. Piana was not young, considering all he did to himself, he actually lasted longer then I thought he would.

On a side note, I am on HRT. My total test was around 200 this time last year. My endo put me on 200 mgs injections of test cyp every 2 weeks. My levels have been right around 600 since the injections. For the past 4 months I have been slamming leg work and deadlifts with tons on volume and intensity. I went in for my check up and all of my blood markers were good; HDL was high 60s, triglycerides were in the 90s, blood sugar was 80, etc. Blood pressure was 122/72. The strange part was my test level came in at 1233! I told her I didn't feel much different but I was getting strong pretty fast in the gym, actually strong enough to tear my adductor belly doing sumos. She said since all of my blood work as good, she had zero issues keeping me on 200 mgs every 2 weeks despite my total levels zooming up to 1233. She didn't even bat an eye at it due to all of my other blood work being excellent. No real explanation as to why my levels have shot through the roof, but I ain't complaining for now. Especially on only 200 mgs every 2 weeks. No anger issues, no suicidal thoughts, nothing like the Ben Affleck After School Special sh*t.

Wait, wait, you're the guy who just a page back was spouting off about how these guys are doing this and that and as long as they dont have kids and a wife blah blah and YOU  just stated you're taking the same thing they are, albeit in lesser doses? Lmao. Pot calling the kettle black much?

Joseph Sullivan
17 minutes ago, king crusher said:

Wait, wait, you're the guy who just a page back was spouting off about how these guys are doing this and that and as long as they dont have kids and a wife blah blah and YOU  just stated you're taking the same thing they are, albeit in lesser doses? Lmao. Pot calling the kettle black much?

I would not compare taking therapeutic levels of testosterone under a doctors care to get one up to normal levels the same thing as guys taking them to lift big weights and get big and in massive quantities. Low testosterone is just as bad for your health as too high. It’s actuallt quite detrimental. Nothing hypocritical about what Rick is doing. He is taking them for a medical deficiency of test. Not to get big and strong like the ones that take them for that reason. I am the biggest anti drug advocate around, unless for medical necessity for deficiency.

• Like 2

Rick Walker

My HRT is prescribed by an endocrinologist due to having low test levels. Like I said in the post, my test levels a year ago were around 200. I am monitored via blood tests every 3 months, and my medical insurance pays for all of it including the prescription testosterone injections.

Prior to being on HRT, my cholesterol levels had sky-rocketed due to low test. Once back to the good levels, my total cholesterol dropped well under 200 and my HDL went into the high 60s. Joe is right, low test is as bad for you as excessive test.

Education is key. The result of my test levels going from 200 to over 1000 have been increases in the gym, no doubt. But try lifting 4 days a week and doing cardio the other 3, working, being a full time graduate student, father, and husband with a test level in the 200s. It doesn't work. I was exhausted by 5 pm and my lifts were tanking, as was my libido. HRT literally saved my life.

Do I compete in drug tested events? Nope, even though I could with a medical waiver, I don't. 

Flame away. 

• Like 3

king crusher
26 minutes ago, Rick Walker said:

My HRT is prescribed by an endocrinologist due to having low test levels. Like I said in the post, my test levels a year ago were around 200. I am monitored via blood tests every 3 months, and my medical insurance pays for all of it including the prescription testosterone injections.

Prior to being on HRT, my cholesterol levels had sky-rocketed due to low test. Once back to the good levels, my total cholesterol dropped well under 200 and my HDL went into the high 60s. Joe is right, low test is as bad for you as excessive test.

Education is key. The result of my test levels going from 200 to over 1000 have been increases in the gym, no doubt. But try lifting 4 days a week and doing cardio the other 3, working, being a full time graduate student, father, and husband with a test level in the 200s. It doesn't work. I was exhausted by 5 pm and my lifts were tanking, as was my libido. HRT literally saved my life.

Do I compete in drug tested events? Nope, even though I could with a medical waiver, I don't. 

Flame away. 

It seems like every guy mid 40s andcup who still lift weights are on prescribed PED's now days. A test of 200 is plenty high to live your life to its fullest.  A level of 1200 is not normal.  That's a level you see in people on Ped's....like you are.

Your diet probably changed along with spending more time exercising.  Test wouldn't change your blood levels. 

I'd be interested to know my levels. Life long natural lifter and 40 now. It's not a part of a regular blood workup though so I have no idea. 

Joseph Sullivan
3 minutes ago, king crusher said:

It seems like every guy mid 40s andcup who still lift weights are on prescribed PED's now days. A test of 200 is plenty high to live your life to its fullest.  A level of 1200 is not normal.  That's a level you see in people on Ped's....like you are.

Your diet probably changed along with spending more time exercising.  Test wouldn't change your blood levels. 

I'd be interested to know my levels. Life long natural lifter and 40 now. It's not a part of a regular blood workup though so I have no idea. 

200 is not a good level and everyone is different in how they feel at certain levels. I am also 40. My test has been low, surprisingly, since my 20s. How am I so big and strong? I do not know, and neither does the doctor. I take nothing because I feel no ill effects from being low in any way . Some do though. I refuse to take any drug until I start feeling ill  effects. It’s a personal choice.

• Like 1

king crusher
1 hour ago, Joseph Sullivan said:

200 is not a good level and everyone is different in how they feel at certain levels. I am also 40. My test has been low, surprisingly, since my 20s. How am I so big and strong? I do not know, and neither does the doctor. I take nothing because I feel no ill effects from being low in any way . Some do though. I refuse to take any drug until I start feeling ill  effects. It’s a personal choice.

Exactly.  Your case is NOT rare. Lots of people with "low" T can still build size and strength.  Getting on gear is getting on gear. Whether its bought from a doctor, a local gym rat or china. Doctors are now basically drug dealers. Hence why this country has a huge problem with prescription drugs.  Another reason for low T is obesity and we all know that's a massive problem in all industrialized countries. 

A lot of guys go in for ED and think it's their test levels when in reality it's a combination of being overweight and having arteries that are narrowing, which will eventually lead to a heart attack. 

• Like 1

Tommy J.

Yawn.

Its hard to knock a guy on TRT when they are an open book about it and dont even compete. And even if Rick did compete, his open book policy represents to me that he would do it along side others who are also open about it. And in that case, it wouldnt be cheating what so ever.

And i agree with Rick. There ARE more deaths from over the counter drugs, and legal poisons like alcohol and tobacco every year (by FAR) than ped related deaths. And there really is no need to mention “studies” on it, or the lack there of on peds. Because to my knowledge, every single person who dies gets an autopsy that comes complete with blood work and toxicology testing. The autopsy is the only proof that matters. And fortunately, it doesnt look like very many have died from it.

and to be honest, i dont think there has ever been any life long “studies” on any person even taking something as simple as aspirin. Maybe someone could correct me? To my knowledge, medical studies done on people taking any kind of drug only last a few weeks or months tops before results are concluded by medical professionals and the individual is released. So no. We wont be seeing any long term “studies” on people taking unsafe amounts of anything. Including over the counter, legal stuff.

Edited by Tommy J.
  • Like 1

Tommy J.

First thing that google brings up about aspirin..

70E0FF60-5EAE-42C1-925C-8A2FEBEC06CF.thumb.png.c40bfff55f025e96f0fd876d527804d1.png

Like with any drug, over indulging is not good.

Tommy J.
17 minutes ago, Tommy J. said:

Yawn.

Its hard to knock a guy on TRT when they are an open book about it and dont even compete. And even if Rick did compete, his open book policy represents to me that he would do it along side others who are also open about it. And in that case, it wouldnt be cheating what so ever.

And i agree with Rick. There ARE more deaths from over the counter drugs, and legal poisons like alcohol and tobacco every year (by FAR) than ped related deaths. And there really is no need to mention “studies” on it, or the lack there of on peds. Because to my knowledge, every single person who dies gets an autopsy that comes complete with blood work and toxicology testing. The autopsy is the only proof that matters. And fortunately, it doesnt look like very many have died from it.

and to be honest, i dont think there has ever been any life long “studies” on any person even taking something as simple as aspirin. Maybe someone could correct me? To my knowledge, medical studies done on people taking any kind of drug only last a few weeks or months tops before results are concluded by medical professionals and the individual is released. So no. We wont be seeing any long term “studies” on people taking unsafe amounts of anything. Including over the counter, legal stuff.

Further on this, its everyone BUT medical professionals swearing PEDs kill you. There literally is so much info out there on it already, that an attempted debate or refute of it is a wasted effort.

But literally, if you search on peds and health effects, all that comes up is debate after debate of moral grand standing.

so the only things moderate steroid use hurt, is other peoples feelings.

this is what makes talks of it so cringeworthy.

• Like 1

king crusher

I have no issue with people taking what they want, doesnt effect me. But when he was on his high horse saying how these guys shouldn't be taking this and that if they have kids and a wife yadda yadda and he himself is taking the same stuff, I find that a bit amusing to say the least. And again, there is no point comparing PED's to any OTC meds, to do so is just silly. 

Taking testosterone can lead to prostate and other cancers, but plenty of things can cause cancer it seems so carry on.

Edited by king crusher