Cupid's Nightmare - Feb 16, 2019

Jedd Johnson

1 hour ago, Vinnie said:

Shout out to my friend Anton, who got me to go to my first comp (Nate's 4 for Feb) a year ago.  A year later, this was my sixth.  I didn't expect to find a great new hobby and great new friends in my late 40s, but I sure did!  I may do a trip report write up and repeat that sentiment there, but I wanted to mention it.

And Anthony C. was the second gripster I met, who used to be in my weight class doing less on little big horn than me and now is in a lower weight class than me but doing more on little big horn than me lol.  Great comp Mr. C!  And Tom Crushonomics who was a parallel newbie to me last year, and whose profile here now says "Grip Board Veteran" lol.  Not sure we are that yet, but I think maybe we have graduated from noobhood at least.

• Like 3

Id say once you have about 1-1.5 years and 3-4 comps under your belt you are no longer gripnewb!!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Lucasraymond said:

Id say once you have about 1-1.5 years and 3-4 comps under your belt you are no longer gripnewb!!

What if you are an AARP member who has been doing this off and on for a decade, but only started seriously training about a year ago?  Lol

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Mike Rinderle said:

What if you are an AARP member who has been doing this off and on for a decade, but only started seriously training about a year ago?  Lol

“Grip grandpa”

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

16 minutes ago, Tom Flesher said:

“Grip grandpa”

I'm good with that.  Haha

49 minutes ago, Mike Rinderle said:

Grandfathered in as patriarch

6 hours ago, Vinnie said:

And Anthony C. was the second gripster I met, who used to be in my weight class doing less on little big horn than me and now is in a lower weight class than me but doing more on little big horn than me lol.  Great comp Mr. C!  And Tom Crushonomics who was a parallel newbie to me last year, and whose profile here now says "Grip Board Veteran" lol.  Not sure we are that yet, but I think maybe we have graduated from noobhood at least.

We got a great group - you and Tom definitely came a long way in the last year - you both beat and/or tie me on everything now and are a constant motivation to train, and Tom straight out crushes us on DOH axle and braced bending now - time flies and its hard to believe that 4forFeb was a year ago already - Anthony trained like an animal the last few months especially too, definitely put me to shame and whooped me on LBH and BB - an honor and a pleasure to have you guys as friends and training partners! Great praise and thanks!

• Like 6

I want to drop in and apologize to Vinnie and a couple others.  I threw a gripper and it almost hit them Saturday.  I was under the impression that the gripper went up in the air and arced over them. I didn't realize it took a straight line shot between them.  That isn't cool.   If I'd known that it came so close to hitting people, I would have said something right there.

Thank God no one got hurt.  I don't know who all was standing there, besides Vinnie, but Evan Norton told me last night there were at least a couple dudes.  I am sorry guys.

• Like 6

Results from Cupid's Nightmare

Final Standings per weight class:

Name, (Weight Class) Points

Mike McMillan (66kg)50.00

Anthony Clarino (74kg)50.00

Vincent Rivellese (83kg)50.00

Luke Raymond (93kg)50.00
Anton Torrella (93kg)38.73
Jeff Martin (93kg)33.56
Chris Andrade (93kg)  32.29

Juliet Lancaster-Avila(W)50.00

Jedd Johnson (120kg)50.00
Mike Rinderle (120kg)45.06
Frank Snyder (120kg)42.66
Bryan Clifford (120 kg)37.28
Dyllan Merritt (120kg)34.24

Eli Thomas (120+)47.87
Evan Norton (120+)44.48
Tom Flesher  (120+)41.77
Brandon Conner (120+)35.58

31 minutes ago, Jedd Johnson said:

CupidsNightmareScores.png

Great contest.  Congrats to all the weight class winners, Jedd for the overall, and Luke for an incredible pull on the LBH. 

Obviously there was tampering with the implements.  How else could I have increased my 2" Napalm's Nightmare by 39 pounds and my LBH by 22 lbs in only a year?  I was told after KK18 that you can't get improvements like that.  Impossible!  I call shenanigans!  Bunch of Cheaty McCheatersons!  :rolleyes:calm

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

It was great seeing you perform so well, buddy!

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Jedd Johnson said:

It was great seeing you perform so well, buddy!

Thanks buddy.  I really wanted to take you on the Blockbuster, drop the mic, and retire right there mid-contest.  :laugh

Pretty stoked I was able to tie the master though.  Lots of fun and can't wait until the next one. 

• Like 3

This was a really fun contest and I enjoyed the events quite a bit. Looking forward to Easter Bunny's Nightmare in April.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

Jedd -  I thought I did 335 on the two hand NN not 325, but I guess we can check vid; since it's a weight class record we should be sure, it won't affect the comp results otherwise.  Also, would you post the overall results just as one open group, ranked?  You'll still win of course, but since many weight classes had just one participant, many of us don't really have a sense of how we did overall in the middle of the group.  I mean, I know how I did against my own expectations and all, but just to see where I fit in amongst the giants lol.

Edited by Vinnie
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Anthony C. said:

This was a really fun contest and I enjoyed the events quite a bit. Looking forward to Easter Bunny's Nightmare in April.

Yeah I didn't start training for that yet, better hop to it.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

24 minutes ago, Mike Rinderle said:

Great contest.  Congrats to all the weight class winners, Jedd for the overall, and Luke for an incredible pull on the LBH. 

Obviously there was tampering with the implements.  How else could I have increased my 2" Napalm's Nightmare by 39 pounds and my LBH by 22 lbs in only a year?  I was told after KK18 that you can't get improvements like that.  Impossible!  I call shenanigans!  Bunch of Cheaty McCheatersons!  :rolleyes:calm

I think I'm the one who is going to get accused of cheating, because I beat Luke at something (silver bullet)  I even think I must have cheat somehow!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

13 minutes ago, Vinnie said:

Jedd -  I thought I did 335 on the two hand NN not 325, but I guess we can check vid; since it's a weight class record we should be sure, it won't affect the comp results otherwise.  Also, would you post the overall results just as one open group, ranked?  You'll still win of course, but since many weight classes had just one participant, many of us don't really have a sense of how we did overall in the middle of the group.  I mean, I know how I did against my own expectations and all, but just to see where I fit in amongst the giants lol.

I threw this together real quick but I think this is how the overall would be scored: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1r-pMmJI1HrTp3PXSDMh_ofHG_bn7qdj9pTnvl3BhNX8/edit#gid=499164174

1 hour ago, Vinnie said:

I looked on the sheet, buddy.  I have you down for the following whole number attempts: 311, 325, 345, and 345.  Both the 345's were misses.  Tom & Anton both hit 335, they are directly below you on the sheet.

2 hours ago, Vinnie said:

I wasn't planning on doing an overall since we ran everything based on Weight Classes.

2 minutes ago, Jedd Johnson said:

I wasn't planning on doing an overall since we ran everything based on Weight Classes.

Let's just say I won and move on.  

Here is the overall by total points:

1. Jedd Johnson: 486.84
  2. Lucas Raymond: 457.07
  3. Mike Rinderle: 438.65
  4. Frank Snyder: 414.72
  5. Eli Thomas: 397.79
  6. Vinnie Revellese: 367.26
  7. Evan Norton: 366.02
  8. Bryan Clifford: 362.72
  9. Anton Torrella: 349.68
  10. Anthony Clarino: 346.54
  11. Tom Flesher: 345.62
  12. Dyllan Merritt: 332.68
  13. Mike McMillan: 312.39
  14. Jeff Martin: 304.83
  15. Chris Andrade: 292.94
  16. Brandon Connor: 290.84
  17. Juliet: 230.69

If you want it broken down by event, have at it.  lol

• Like 3

I would like to say that I had that Bass Turd Raymond right up to the end.  Damn LBH.  lol

5 hours ago, Mike Rinderle said:

Since you mentioned it, I do remember noticing that the LBH wasn't revolving freely....also congrats again on your time traveling training - really paid off! Now take advantage of those stock tips

• Like 1
  • Haha 1