Cupid's Nightmare - Feb 16, 2019

Jedd Johnson

Just now, Vinnie said:

I just saw it - I want the shirt if not too late!!!!!!

Large. 

• 2 weeks later...

So who's in for sure?

I know I'm in.  Frank the Tank Snyder is also coming.

• Like 1

I'll be there,  first time competing on silver bullet so hopefully I don't fumble too much

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Mike Rinderle said:

So who's in for sure?

I know I'm in.  Frank the Tank Snyder is also coming.

Who is Frank Snyder? I won’t be competing, but might come.

4 minutes ago, Joseph Sullivan said:

Who is Frank Snyder? I won’t be competing, but might come.

Magnus on here.  He was a teenage phenom that is incredibly strong.  I think he was closing a 3.5 at 16 if i recall correctly.  It was almost a decade ago, so not exactly sure what age he first closed one at.  He was at Jedd's for HGG last year when you competed.  You'll remember him when you see him.

8 minutes ago, Climber028 said:

I'll be there,  first time competing on silver bullet so hopefully I don't fumble too much

I touched a silver bullet for the first time 3 weeks ago.  Trained it 4 times, so i know what you mean. And i don't train grippers.  Depending on how much i fumble around i could end up with anywhere from a #2 to a number 4.  :unsure

28 minutes ago, Mike Rinderle said:

Magnus on here.  He was a teenage phenom that is incredibly strong.  I think he was closing a 3.5 at 16 if i recall correctly.  It was almost a decade ago, so not exactly sure what age he first closed one at.  He was at Jedd's for HGG last year when you competed.  You'll remember him when you see him.

Yea I remember now. Wore glasses and had headphones on when he lifted 

Me, Anton, Tom and Vinnie will be there

Edited by Anthony C.
  • Like 2

23 hours ago, Anthony C. said:

Me, Anton, Tom and Vinnie will be there

And Juliet, along with an observer who we are trying to convince to walk on, if Jedd allows that.

• Like 1

I think this will be my last sanctioned comp not as a Master (I will turn 50 in April; if I can make it to Aaron's then that will for sure be my last non-masters, but I am not sure I can swing that trip).

Looking forward to that 2 inch Nightmare!

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, Vinnie said:

I think this will be my last sanctioned comp not as a Master (I will turn 50 in April; if I can make it to Aaron's then that will for sure be my last non-masters, but I am not sure I can swing that trip).

Looking forward to that 2 inch Nightmare!

That’s what she said!

1 hour ago, Joseph Sullivan said:

That’s what she said!

When I get excited, it's 3.  And that's just my LEFT thumb!

• Haha 1

On 2/1/2019 at 12:02 PM, Anthony C. said:

I guess you didn't tag me because the company doesn't make shirts large enough to accommodate.

Happens to me all the time

Just saw this.  No idea how I missed you. Sorry about that.

Well, Cupid's Nightmare is in the books.  It was a long contest, but it was highlighted by many great performances.

@Lucasraymond broke the LBH world record. The video will be sent to Ironing for their review.

I really appreciate the awesome turnout. Many lifters who have never attended my contests before made the trip, and it was great having you all in my facility!

I am super proud of Mike Rinderle who put up probably his best contest numbers ever.

Also, my three gym members that I trained for the comp did awesome, lifting more than their training maxes in most cases.

I'll have the results up as soon as I can. Shooting for tomorrow.

We'll also be covering the comp on This Week in Grip Episode 86.

Thanks everyone!

• Like 9

I was super impressed with your 3 lifters and their modesty, some strong kids with a lot of potential

• Like 4

It was a great time yesterday and a lot of very strong lifts - pleasure seeing everyone again and meeting everyone new to me

• Like 5

3 hours ago, Anton.Torrella said:

It was a great time yesterday and a lot of very strong lifts - pleasure seeing everyone again and meeting everyone new to me

You killed it yesterday buddy

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, Tom Flesher said:

Great time yesterday. Thank you, everyone, for being so hospitable.

Great job Tom!

• Like 2

Thanks, Jedd!  I had a lot of fun and enjoyed seeing some familiar screen names in the flesh -- even that poor old dude who can't do the Monday NYT crossword in under 5 minutes.  He's strong though.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

17 minutes ago, Vinnie said:

Thanks, Jedd!  I had a lot of fun and enjoyed seeing some familiar screen names in the flesh -- even that poor old dude who can't do the Monday NYT crossword in under 5 minutes.  He's strong though.

Always a great time hanging with you Vinnie.  Superb job; especially on the SB!

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, Mike Rinderle said:

Always a great time hanging with you Vinnie.  Superb job; especially on the SB!

Thanks!  Surprised myself on that one.  Never did it with a 3.5 before!

• Like 2

You guys killed it! I watched a good bit of it on the livestream. Looked like a lot of fun.

• Like 4

21 hours ago, Anton.Torrella said:

Shout out to my friend Anton, who got me to go to my first comp (Nate's 4 for Feb) a year ago.  A year later, this was my sixth.  I didn't expect to find a great new hobby and great new friends in my late 40s, but I sure did!  I may do a trip report write up and repeat that sentiment there, but I wanted to mention it.

• Like 4