200 lb Axle 1 hand & 80.8 lb block weight

Mike Rinderle

Two I've been chasing for awhile.  Got 3 singles with the 200 lb axle.  Kept all of them pretty level which has been my main problem.  Wasn't sure if I would get the half a 130 plus 15.  Very wet in the shed today.  No chalk.  Happy old man.

• Like 6

Great job achieving big lifts and your goals. 200lb 1 arm axle separates the men from the boys! Give me 1 arm axle lift over any rolling handle lift by miles.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, tja said:

Awesome!

Thanks man.  Felt good!

4 hours ago, Kluv#0 said:

Great job achieving big lifts and your goals. 200lb 1 arm axle separates the men from the boys! Give me 1 arm axle lift over any rolling handle lift by miles.

Thanks Mike.  Next long term axle goal is 400 2 hands.  Gonna take awhile. 🤷‍♂️

I'm hoping the 1 hand axle helps with my goal of lifting the Inch this year.

• Like 1

Alright, this is getting ridiculous.  You need to slow your roll, mister.  Sheeez... but a huge congrats anyways!

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, EricMilfeld said:

Alright, this is getting ridiculous.  You need to slow your roll, mister.  Sheeez... but a huge congrats anyways!

It's the weight gain.  Worked like crazy to keep my grip up where it was while I lost 35 lbs.  Now that I'm chowing down again, the numbers are finally rising.  Just about every session.  The 50/20 I did for a few weeks didn't hurt.  Now that I stopped it and recuperated, I seem to be getting a nice rebound.

And apparently thick bar helps my wide pinch a lot.  Lol

This was the first of the three singles. I think this one was a couple inches higher than the one I posted earlier. I'm counting them all.  Lol

Edited by Mike Rinderle
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, Mike Rinderle said:

It's the weight gain.  Worked like crazy to keep my grip up where it was while I lost 35 lbs.  Now that I'm chowing down again, the numbers are finally rising.  Just about every session.  The 50/20 I did for a few weeks didn't hurt.  Now that I stopped it and recuperated, I seem to be getting a nice rebound.

What's the 50/20 you're referring to?

7 hours ago, Mike Rinderle said:

And apparently thick bar helps my wide pinch a lot.  Lol

This was the first of the three singles. I think this one was a couple inches higher than the one I posted earlier. I'm counting them all.  Lol

You’re definitely doing things right!

I propose a race to the Inch...

• Like 1

2 hours ago, EricMilfeld said:

You’re definitely doing things right!

I propose a race to the Inch...

You are on my friend!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, tja said:

What's the 50/20 you're referring to?

http://affectinggravity.blogspot.com/2013/09/have-it-all-bryce-lanes-5020.html?m=1

Short workout.  Doing as many reps as possible in 20 minutes with a high % of your max.  When you can do 50 reps or more in 20 minutes, you add weight next session.  I used axle, the 2" NN, and 2 3/8" NN 3X a week for about 3 weeks.    

@bencrush and @Shoggoth have used it too.  I think Ben's version of 25/10 is probably more applicable to grip.  You can use a higher % of your max.

Hope that helps.

Edited by Mike Rinderle
  • Like 2

9 hours ago, Mike Rinderle said:

http://affectinggravity.blogspot.com/2013/09/have-it-all-bryce-lanes-5020.html?m=1

Short workout.  Doing as many reps as possible in 20 minutes with a high % of your max.  When you can do 50 reps or more in 20 minutes, you add weight next session.  I used axle, the 2" NN, and 2 3/8" NN 3X a week for about 3 weeks.    

@bencrush and @Shoggoth have used it too.  I think Ben's version of 25/10 is probably more applicable to grip.  You can use a higher % of your max.

Hope that helps.

Thanks!

11 hours ago, James Fuller said:

WOW!! Great lifting!!

Thanks James!  Means a lot coming from you buddy.

• Thanks 1

A couple of UNSOLICITED suggestions for the Axle. In Strongman, we will use a tightly wound wrist wrap as a collar on each end of the Axle for Cleans. Its cheap, easy to put on, take off and it WORKS. This should help you get the plates as tight as you want. I would also use the free hand over the lifting hand to 'check' you're lifting hand is centered. I think you've seen me do this on my One Hand Deadlift videos. I use both hands to pick up an inch or so: just enough to make sure I'm centered.

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, James Fuller said:

A couple of UNSOLICITED suggestions for the Axle. In Strongman, we will use a tightly wound wrist wrap as a collar on each end of the Axle for Cleans. Its cheap, easy to put on, take off and it WORKS. This should help you get the plates as tight as you want. I would also use the free hand over the lifting hand to 'check' you're lifting hand is centered. I think you've seen me do this on my One Hand Deadlift videos. I use both hands to pick up an inch or so: just enough to make sure I'm centered.

Unsolicited advice rocks!

• Thanks 1