Benni is Back!

Mike Rinderle

Fantastic!

I was lucky enough to see him pull his biggest deadlift to date at the Ronnie Coleman Classic. Probably the most impressive feat of strength I ever witnessed in person. His calves are really freaky; probably as big as my waist was at the time!😆

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, EricMilfeld said:

Fantastic!

I was lucky enough to see him pull his biggest deadlift to date at the Ronnie Coleman Classic. Probably the most impressive feat of strength I ever witnessed in person. His calves are really freaky; probably as big as my waist was at the time!😆

My all time favorite!  I still consider that the greatest dl of all time.  Conventional. Raw. No straps. And so smooth it looked like his opener.

Those aren't calves.  Those are cows!

Edited by Mike Rinderle
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, Mike Rinderle said:

My all time favorite!  I still consider that the greatest dl of all time.  Conventional. Raw. No straps. And so smooth it looked like his opener.

Those aren't calves.  Those are cows!

Agreed. 100%, for all the same reasons. There was so much energy in the room and he was so crazy psyched you just knew it was going up!

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

I agree with you guys, his 1,015 was the best of all time. Halls 500kg is right up there too. Yeah, he wore straps but he still pulled 1,100lbs!

Benni is still the greatest deadlifter of all time IMO, with Eddie being 2nd. I never liked the figure 8 style wraps that he used. It looks like it shortens the ROM by 1-2 inches by letting him pull with the bar at his fingertips.

• Like 1