World records from the weekend

Paul Savage

Little big horn already has a thread so I'll not post that here. Becca also broke the thumbless axle world record (20" lift) four times (finishing on 137kg / 302lb) and the shallow hub world record. I managed to break the 76mm (3 inch) rolling handle thumbless lift world record and I think matched the 200kg one hand lift hold world record. 

• Like 4

Congratulations on the world records! You and Becca have made an excellent team.  

2 minutes ago, Stephen Ruby said:

Congratulations on the world records! You and Becca have made an excellent team.  

Thank you, I was more happy as a coach than for my own performance as she really smashed those records. It was a shame that the rolling thunder and silver bullet did not arrive in time but now i will put a training plan together leading up to the next event in April and I have an idea that the results will be pretty special and she will take 3 more ironmind records that day.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, tja said:

Congrats both on the records! 

Thank you! Was very pleased with my performance, we didnt get to really train for this but Pauls been putting mor wrist and finger strengthening exercises into my programming and it has definitely shown. My wrists are still my weakness, you can see the axle breaks my wrist back but luckily i had enough finger strength to get it to the marker. Im sure Paul will have me do a lot more wrist work this year to eliminate that weakness! 

Glad to now have records across a wide spectrum of events - hub, pinch, thick bar and others. Looking to hold all of the ironmind records at the same time next year. Thats my main grip goal! 

• Like 3

Congrats Becca and Paul on setting new world records in grip.👍 Looking forward to seeing ccs attempts on the #3 and #4. Good luck with your goals this year.

5 hours ago, Balal said:

Congrats Becca and Paul on setting new world records in grip.👍 Looking forward to seeing ccs attempts on the #3 and #4. Good luck with your goals this year.

Thank you. I hope to get back to the #4 and #3 YouTube series later in the week we have just had a lot going on. We will both be going for silver bullet world records in April so training for that will be done along with other crush grip training. Hopefully #4 CCS and #3 CCS can happen later in the year.

18 hours ago, xyzzm said:

Man, i absolutely love seeing that one arm lift!

I nearly passed out! haha felt like double the weight holding away from the body

On 1/2/2019 at 6:06 PM, Paul Savage said:

I nearly passed out! haha felt like double the weight holding away from the body

I bet, i've heard they feel like ripping your bones out of your skin 😛

On 1/7/2019 at 10:47 PM, xyzzm said:

I bet, i've heard they feel like ripping your bones out of your skin 😛

My back is still hurt from this that's all I can tell you!

On 1/1/2019 at 8:11 PM, BeccaRoberts said:

Thank you! Was very pleased with my performance, we didnt get to really train for this but Pauls been putting mor wrist and finger strengthening exercises into my programming and it has definitely shown. My wrists are still my weakness, you can see the axle breaks my wrist back but luckily i had enough finger strength to get it to the marker. Im sure Paul will have me do a lot more wrist work this year to eliminate that weakness! 

Glad to now have records across a wide spectrum of events - hub, pinch, thick bar and others. Looking to hold all of the ironmind records at the same time next year. Thats my main grip goal! 

Well Elisabeth Horne is still way ahead of everyone in the pinch where it matters. Great progress so far but its a stretch to imply that you dominate pinch for ladies. 

39 minutes ago, Mikael Siversson said:

Well Elisabeth Horne is still way ahead of everyone in the pinch where it matters. Great progress so far but its a stretch to imply that you dominate pinch for ladies. 

"Where it matters" that's totally subjective. But yes Elizabeth is beyond a lot of people (including males) in medium width pinch and really wide pinch, she's still the only woman to lift the blob and she also did 2x20 kg York plates not so long ago.

2 hours ago, Mikael Siversson said:

What an off point unnecessary post.  Giving kudos is great...when it’s not at the expense of another.

Well done Becca. Good luck on your goals.

• Like 6

22 hours ago, anwnate said:

What an off point unnecessary post.  Giving kudos is great...when it’s not at the expense of another.

Well done Becca. Good luck on your goals.

A certain degree of modesty is always good and I can guarantee that she would get even more positive feedback if she held back a bit on the 'I am holding lot's of records' bit. Did you miss the flame throwing between her and Amy for exactly the same reason? 

On 1/13/2019 at 3:10 PM, Mikael Siversson said:

A certain degree of modesty is always good and I can guarantee that she would get even more positive feedback if she held back a bit on the 'I am holding lot's of records' bit. Did you miss the flame throwing between her and Amy for exactly the same reason? 

Hi Mikael. 

I didnt say i was stronger than Elizabeth in pinch, or that i dominate pinch for the women, i just simply stated i hold a record in pinch (IM Blockbuster)

Im really proud of my grip achievements to date. Im also really proud of myself for being able to get a record in different disciplines because i want to show that i am an all round grip athlete and not just a one trick pony. 

Thanks to everyone for the support, lets all make 2019 our best yet 💜

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, BeccaRoberts said:

Hi Mikael. 

I didnt say i was stronger than Elizabeth in pinch, or that i dominate pinch for the women, i just simply stated i hold a record in pinch (IM Blockbuster)

Im really proud of my grip achievements to date. Im also really proud of myself for being able to get a record in different disciplines because i want to show that i am an all round grip athlete and not just a one trick pony. 

Ignore him. The man is bitter. 

You’ve got a lot to be proud of and dont let anyone dimish your achievements. Keep it up! 

• Like 2

15 hours ago, BeccaRoberts said:

Hi Mikael. 

You keep doing you Becca. Haters only hate when you are doing something great.  Outstanding day.  Congrats!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Tommy J. said:

Mikael, you are an asshole. But i still love you homie! You’d fit in just fine with the Texas crew. 😬

everyone: you gotta admit, its hard to hate a guy that wont save face. 😆

I find it very easy. 

33 minutes ago, Tommy J. said:

But you love me though! 😬

When did the GB turn into Grinder?  Get a room.

:laugh

3 minutes ago, Tommy J. said:

Btw, i will send you a Team Texas shirt when i finally get them in hand.

midriff and skinny sleeves for you, correct? So it fits up top nice and leaves room for those abs to breathe?

Need a xtra small. Lost weight.