New Women's World Record on Little Big Horn

Hubgeezer

Here's all four of her lifts (each over the previous record).

• Like 2

I would like to admit, with embarrassment, why I started this thread. At the San Jose Fit Expo in June of 2013, the only time I ever pulled on the Little Big Horn, I had a good lift with the opener of 154 pounds. I missed the next lift, 5kgs. more. All others either passed or missed the 165 pound second weight. Mike Burke won with 176 pounds. There was a five way tie at 154 pounds for Second Place. I was, however, in good company with ALEXEY and ODD pulling 154 pounds. Yep, Becca’s 156 pound competition lift/record exceeded everyone’s except MIKE BURKE’S that day. That’s why I called her lift “quite remarkable”...I am still trying to get my arms around it...

• Like 4

21 minutes ago, Hubgeezer said:

I would like to admit, with embarrassment, why I started this thread. At the San Jose Fit Expo in June of 2013, the only time I ever pulled on the Little Big Horn, I had a good lift with the opener of 154 pounds. I missed the next lift, 5kgs. more. All others either passed or missed the 165 pound second weight. Mike Burke won with 176 pounds. There was a five way tie at 154 pounds for Second Place. I was, however, in good company with ALEXEY and ODD pulling 154 pounds. Yep, Becca’s 156 pound competition lift/record exceeded everyone’s except MIKE BURKE’S that day. That’s why I called her lift “quite remarkable”...I am still trying to get my arms around it...

No embarrassment there! Becca is one of the strongest women on the planet, two time world strongwoman champion and undefeated world champion in gripsport - don't feel so bad.

As for this lift though honestly I think she can do a good bit more, she simply ran out of attempts and there was only one training session for it. If I put a solid 10-12 week programme together for her on this she would maybe even beat the 176lb (I think 160lb or more was there on this day).

1 hour ago, Paul Savage said:

As for this lift though honestly I think she can do a good bit more, she simply ran out of attempts and there was only one training session for it. If I put a solid 10-12 week programme together for her on this she would maybe even beat the 176lb (I think 160lb or more was there on this day).

For Paul, and for anyone, check out the lifts on Gripsport''s website. I didn't go through every event, but I am not sure of any other performance by a woman ranks as high on the "men's list" as does her Little Big Horn lift.

4 hours ago, Hubgeezer said:

For Paul, and for anyone, check out the lifts on Gripsport''s website. I didn't go through every event, but I am not sure of any other performance by a woman ranks as high on the "men's list" as does her Little Big Horn lift.

Actually looking through them her blockbuster pinch world record is much higher (she would be ranked 19), plus that doesn't properly show her ability as she's done 35.9kg in training (would be ranked number 11) it was just that the person before her did maybe 25 failed attempts in the minute and took every last bit of chalk off the block.

Edit - With that said, the blockbuster list seems to be pretty much just Americans on a list that is supposed to be world wide, nothing from European or world grip championships or finish or contests in Norway etc and lot of good numbers have happened at these contest, including the most lifted by male and also Becca's record is not actually on the female list even though she did it at the European championships, it was weighed on video, and its an official record with Ironmind. I'm not sure what's going with these lists??

Edited by Paul Savage

Congrats Becca...hopefully in the future I will be the male counterpart on LBH! 

• Like 3

45 minutes ago, Paul Savage said:

Actually looking through them her blockbuster pinch world record is much higher (she would be ranked 19), plus that doesn't properly show her ability as she's done 35.9kg in training (would be ranked number 11) it was just that the person before her did maybe 25 failed attempts in the minute and took every last bit of chalk off the block.

Edit - With that said, the blockbuster list seems to be pretty much just Americans on a list that is supposed to be world wide, nothing from European or world grip championships or finish or contests in Norway etc and lot of good numbers have happened at these contest, including the most lifted by male and also Becca's record is not actually on the female list even though she did it at the European championships, it was weighed on video, and its an official record with Ironmind. I'm not sure what's going with these lists??

I believe none of these contests bothered sanctioning there contest through NAGS; which takes a few minutes. But I agree I wish there was an overall list but the problem is someone needs to take the time to do it which is the purpose of the sanctioning process. 

9 minutes ago, Lucasraymond said:

I believe none of these contests bothered sanctioning there contest through NAGS; which takes a few minutes. But I agree I wish there was an overall list but the problem is someone needs to take the time to do it which is the purpose of the sanctioning process. 

Can't say I understand enough to comment but thank you for explaining.

Ironmind has her weighing in at 175kg.  That must be a typo - she can't weigh 385 pounds, can she?  She must be 175 pounds, right?  Regardless, that's s nice lift for any weight or gender!

13 minutes ago, Vinnie said:

Ironmind has her weighing in at 175kg.  That must be a typo - she can't weigh 385 pounds, can she?  She must be 175 pounds, right?  Regardless, that's s nice lift for any weight or gender!

She is indeed 175kg (definitely not 175lb!). Becca is a large individual with a big frame and 6 foot 3 inches tall, she is possibly the largest strongwoman in history, I don't know of any bigger.

The plan is now to get her down to 160-165kg though as worlds strongest woman had lot of moving and sprinting involved last year so getting leaner may help her get that title (her biggest goal for this year). One of the biggest things for me in terms of coaching her over the last few years has been to fill out her big frame so we have done a lot of bodybuilding training mixed in with the strength training and she's now got almost 100kg of just only muscle weight (so not including bones etc). This is certainly still a top priority as there's more room to grow she may still compete at 170kg plus this year depending on muscle growth just needs to be improved body composition and with better movement (she's competed as high as 180kg).

• Like 1

OK, thanks, well then, more power to her, literally!

16 hours ago, Tommy J. said:

I had similar questions some weeks back.. sanctioning was easy though, and NAGS was more than willing to work with us here in Texas. Our comp ended up being one of the first dual sanctioned comps ever. With Gripmas being the first the day before. It really was super easy. Just reached out to NAGS, listed the lift rules in the contest thread, and viola. Lifts added to the NAGS site afterward. Eric R. even put the results in super fast afterward without me having to do anything accept post our comp results in the contest thread.

never had any kind of feel for promoting until that comp. Clay did all the work at the comp keeping scores, paying attention to weight classes, judging the lifts, and posting the results. All i did was the sanctioning with NAGS, and copy/pasting the results part. from what i gather, it really is and should be on the comp promoter to make sure the guys in the comp get the recognition. Afterward when you submit results NAGS does all the leg work with adding the results in the line up. To me, the part where they enter the lift results is alone worth the sanction fee.

so, if you want Becca on there, get her on there. Let all the technicalities be on the promoter, and let the Competitors only have to worry about smashing lifts. Its way funner for everyone lifting to not have to worry about all the sanctioning stuff. If the lifters dont get recognized in grip, its not their fault.

Not really bothered about Becca being on the list just that it really makes no sense for the official record holder to not be on the list (men's also) and for it to just be two countries when its supposed to be a world list. Again I don't understand much of anything about all the promoter and nags stuff but I would think there must be a better way. It would be good to have an accurate list of top 100 on each event to look through as that's a cool thing for sure. Just covering the top contest results only would keep it pretty accurate but yes time consuming even at that.