Sign in to follow this  
KapMan

2018 Reflections 2019 Goals

KapMan

Wanted to reflect on my slight return to the sport why I want to come back and my 2019 goals. This will be a long post I’m sure and I welcome folk to add their goals and thoughts too. 

2018 has been rough for me in the mental health department and that effected my physical health too. Since my wife has been suffering from pseudo tumor cerebri I’ve been in a deep, deep depression and took to drinking as my escape which ballooned my weight, and well all the crap being associated with being a fat piece of shit. Fatty liver, insulin issues, bowels, my ekg was goofy. Just a hot damn mess most of this year. Really not conducive to helping the wife and kids. For context pseudo tumor cerebri/IIH is a unexplainable spinal fluid buildup in the brain. The body thinks it has a tumor, so it stacks the fluid and it has no where to go so it creates immense pressure in the skull, that pressure effects vision typically first. Left untreated you go blind, have a stroke, aneurism etc. Theres no cure per say, its typically treated with meds and in most cases shunts, which comes with its own risk. My wife took care of me, and fought the army for my care. Civilian shit is different. My area has few resources that my insurance covers. Sucks ass to be helpless and it really takes a hit watching this. 

Because of the risks associated with IIH and the absolute terrible luck we seem to have. I got the motivation to stop the year long binge drinking. Work on eating better, and doing enough moving around to start losing weight. If the captain of the ship goes down the 1st mate better be ready to step up. I cant afford to not be as healthy as possible. I cant multi lift, thats to say I cant do a general purpose routine and do grip, climb, or something else along those lines. Theres just not enough in the tank for that amount of work.

So I had to choose, I chose grip and bodyweight exercises. Got so much extra ass I could be used as a WSM implement so bodyweight training seemed like a great way to get strong and drop weight too. Started heading 3 hours south and train with the pickup artist every 2 weeks last month I believe. Which is a segway into my 2019 goals.

Goals:

Drop to 220 pounds

Collect the griplements I so idiotically sold last year

Either attend king kong, or gripmas Connecticut edition

cert red double underhand 

mm3

Irritate Tommy Jennings into crying for his mommy

3 strip vertical card tear

80lb 1 hand plate pinch

lift the inch

220 2hp euro

Attend and place in a steel shredders contest. 

• Like 9

JHenze646

May 2019 hold many successes for you.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

KapMan
1 hour ago, JHenze646 said:

May 2019 hold many successes for you.

You as well my friend. 

• Like 2

Mike Rinderle

Best of strength, health, and happiness brother!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

climber511

Good luck to you and the wife.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

xyzzm

Good luck man, it doesn't matter what you do as long as you keep moving forward! 

• Like 2

KapMan
1 hour ago, climber511 said:

Good luck to you and the wife.

Thank you chris.

2 hours ago, Mike Rinderle said:

Best of strength, health, and happiness brother!

You as well 

1 hour ago, xyzzm said:

Good luck man, it doesn't matter what you do as long as you keep moving forward! 

Excelsior!

Donc101

Stay strong my friend. You will no doubt cert the red DU. You are getting real close. 

Good luck to you and your family.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

KapMan
10 hours ago, Donc101 said:

Stay strong my friend. You will no doubt cert the red DU. You are getting real close. 

Good luck to you and your family.

Doing my best don. Thank you. Definitely a different mindset this year. Looking forward to seeing what you bring in 2019

• Like 1