Killing the Man of Yesterday.

Bornintothe

This will be my training log. I intend to use this log to track my progress, be held accountable, by myself and others, and to motivate myself to achieve my goals and hopefully inspire others to achieve theirs too.  

Goals for 2019

Squat: 450 lbs. 

Bench: 315 lbs.

Deadlift: 500 lbs. 

Certify on CoC #3  

Current 1RMs: 

Squat: 365 lbs.

Bench: 265 lbs.

Deadlift: 405 lbs. 

2mm off CoC 2.5 close with parallel set. 

Let the training begin!

• Like 2

Deadlift: 1x3 @ 335lbs. ~ This was tougher than I expected. Trying to pull sumo from now on. It puts me in a more advantageous position for my short arms and long back, but more importantly it allows me to have a flat back whereas I struggle to get into position for conventional. 

OHP: 3x5 @ 155 lbs. ~ Last 2 sets I only got 4 reps. Rushing a bit w/ 3 mins rest. Will repeat this weight next OHP session w/ 5 mins rest. 

Seated cable row: 3x5 @ 185lbs. 

Lateral raises: 3x8 @ 25lbs. 

Single hand dumbbell deadlift w/ Bat Black Manus Grips: 5x1 @ 90lbs. ~ These were pretty tough. The dumbbells at my gym are about 1.25” in diameter makes the Manus Grips go out to about 2.25”-2.40”. Thumbs are a weak point for me. Hoping to progress well on this. 

Barbell wrist curls: 3x20 @ 60lbs. 

Edited by Bornintothe
Typos and Deadlift note.

Squat: 3x5 @ 325lbs. ~ Felt a little wonky. Couldn’t find my Oly shoes so I lifted in my Nanos. Also first time using my new knee sleeves. Still felt strong; just different with the change in gear. 

Grippers: Warmed up with the 1.5 & 2 between squat sets. Had three attempts at the 2.5 and got within 1mm of closing it with a 15mm set with the RH. Within 6mm on the LH. Feeling confident I will close it RH on the next workout. Dropped down and did 1x2 CC set with the #2 RH. Could not close it left handed. This is all between sets on squats. 

Chin-ups: 3x5 @ 257lbs BW. ~ A little too much body english on the last couple reps. Looking to get these nice and crisp. 

Attaching a low quality video of my 2.5 attempt. You can’t really see the markings clearly, but I’ll worry about taking a clearer vid when I actually close it. 

Edited by Bornintothe
  • Like 1

Bench Press: 3x5 @ 225lbs. ~ I only managed 4 reps on the last set. More accurately I missed the last rep. Had to do the old shimmy and shake to get the bar down to my waist so I could sit up. I will repeat this weight next week.

Skullcrushers: 3x8 @ 90lbs. on EZ Curl bar.  ~ Felt strong. 

Seated Cable Row (w/ wide bar LPD attachment): 3x8 @ 180 lbs.

Pinch Block (This is a homemade pinch block fabbed from a scrap piece of 4x4 and an eye bolt.):  3x5 second holds @ 42.5lbs. 

Edited by Bornintothe

Sumo Deadlift: 1x5 @ 335lbs. ~ Finished all reps. 

OHP: 3x5 @ 155lbs. ~ Finished all reps. 

Hip Thrusts: 3x8 @ 285 lbs. ~ First time doing this movement. Felt pretty good. Stronger glutes are probably never a bad thing.

Chin ups. 3x5 @ 262lbs. BW ~ Still a lot of body english. Last set was pretty trashy. Held last rep on each set @ 90° for 5 seconds.

Dumbbell Biceps Curls: 3x8 @ 45lbs.

Lateral Raises on Cable Crossover: 3x10 @ 15 lbs. ~ Pretty exhausted at this point. Ready to throw in the towel, but gotta finish. 

Single Hand Dumbbell Deadlifts w/ Bat Black Manus Grips: 5x1@ 95lbs. 

Dumbbell Wrist Curls: 3x20 @ 35lbs. 

Finished. Exhausted. 

Edited by Bornintothe
Typos
  • Like 1

Squat: 3x5 @ 335lbs. ~ Felt strong today. 

Grippers: 1mm from RH closing 2.5 again. Could be all the other grip work affecting me negatively, but probably just that I’ve been doing only single attempts with the 2.5. Will warm up and complete 3xAMRAP with the 2 next week. 

Seated Cable Row w/ straight bar: 3x5 @ 220lbs. ~ Felt a little heavy. Will repeat this weight next week. 

Face pulls: 2x15 @ 55lbs. 

Bench Press: 3x5 @ 225lbs. ~ Felt strong today. 

Skullcrushers w/ EZ Curl bar: 3x8 @ 110lbs. ~ Pretty challenging on the last set. 

Lat pull down: 1x8 @ 180lbs. ~ Tried to focus on technique and squeezing the back. Stopped before doing 2 more sets. Biceps tendonitis is flaring up a little. 

Assault Bike: 10 intervals, 30:30. 

Sled pushes: 5x20 yards  @ ascending weights up to 225lbs. (+ the weight of the sled). 

5 miles  in 20 mins. on stationary bike. 

Sumo Deadlift: 1x5 @ 345lbs. ~ Focused on technique and felt pretty good. 

OHP: 3x5 @ 160lbs. 

Hip Thruster: 3x5 @ 375lbs. ~ Felt it more in the hammies. 

Chin-ups: 3x5 @ BW ~ Lots of body english. 

Standing high cable curls: 3x10 @ 27.5lbs. 

Face pulls: 3x15 @ 35lbs. 

Single hand Dumbbell deadlifts: 4x Iso  holds. ~ Averaging 3-5 secs. 

Squat: 3x5 @ 345lbs. ~ This felt very challenging. Will repeat this weight next week. I want to be confident with the weights and not push the envelope. 

Seated cable row: 3x5 @ 220lbs. ~ Felt heavier on the split pulley rig rather than the single pulley. 

Face pulls: 4x10 @ 37.5lbs. 

Single arm high cable curls: 4x10 @ 27.5lbs. 

Edited by Bornintothe

• 2 weeks later...

Haven’t been tracking work outs due to laziness or business. Finals for my EMT course are today so I should be able to get back on track. 

Squats: 3x5 @ 325lbs. 

Seated barbel rows: 3x5 @ 220lbs. 

Curls: 3x10 @ 32.5lbs.  

Grippers: 3x7 RH & 3x3 LH w/ #2. 2x1 RH w/ #2.5. Got this 2.5 close on video! 

Bench press: 3x5 @ 225lbs. 

Incline press: 3x5 @ 185lbs.

Skullcrushers: 3x5 @ 100lbs. 

Lateral Dumbbell Raises: 3x12 @ 17.5lbs.

Sled push/pull: 5 rounds @ 90lbs.

Edited by Bornintothe