Rolling Thunder fun...

LAINE SNOOK

I did my test last night with 98kgs on the Rolling Thunder - did the 'legal' handle demonstration, and then weighed afterwards for weight confirmation.

It was hard work.

Good luck.

Laine

• Like 16

22 minutes ago, LAINE SNOOK said:

I did my test last night with 98kgs on the Rolling Thunder - did the 'legal' handle demonstration, and then weighed afterwards for weight confirmation.

It was hard work.

Good luck.

Laine

Can you loan me a rep? That is amazing talent and determination!!

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

5 minutes ago, Kluv#0 said:

Me too. You'd still have 43, and you'd make 2 people very happy.

• Haha 3

That is just insane.  There aren't a ton of guys out there that could lift that once. 😳

I'm sitting here wondering if I could do that many reps with 98 lbs. Haha

Great stuff Laine!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

39 minutes ago, Kluv#0 said:

Hard work, Hard work, Hard work ....... to earn your rep

Edited by Stanislav
  • Like 1

37 minutes ago, Nigel Blackburn said:

Me too. You'd still have 43, and you'd make 2 people very happy.

Haha he could be generous and loan a rep to most of us here :D

Truly amazing stuff Laine, keep going!

6 minutes ago, Mike Rinderle said:

That is just insane.  There aren't a ton of guys out there that could lift that once. 😳

Great stuff Laine!

You can, I did that once and I fell to the floor in exhaustion. The pure stamina you need to just lift that many reps even with light weight is impressive I think. Doing it with that weight is just mind boggling.

• Like 1

Laine my man! Just amazing!!!

24 minutes ago, Mike Rinderle said:

Great stuff Laine!

I was thinking the same haha

• Haha 1

Amazing....keep it up. We are all in suspense waiting for what you move all the records to! 

• Like 1

I honestly think this is the most insane thick bar/revolving handle feat I've ever seen. I don't think there's a single person in the world who can do this besides you Laine. 

• Like 5

I would be happy with one Rep :)

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Aleksandar Milosevic said:

I honestly think this is the most insane thick bar/revolving handle feat I've ever seen. I don't think there's a single person in the world who can do this besides you Laine. 

I think so too. Maybe Odd Haugen can challenge him. He did 65 (or was it 66?) reps with the Inch dumbbell :D 

6 minutes ago, Fist of Fury said:

I think so too. Maybe Odd Haugen can challenge him. He did 65 (or was it 66?) reps with the Inch dumbbell :D 

I'd love to see him try, he'd do pretty well, but I think Laine is on another level.

1 minute ago, Aleksandar Milosevic said:

I'd love to see him try, he'd do pretty well, but I think Laine is on another level.

Yes, as I've said before I think Laine has the strongest thick bar grip in the world.

I think it would be really awesome to see more endurance stuff in competitions, sort of like they have in strongman contests. A specific weight for reps.

1 minute ago, Fist of Fury said:

Yes, as I've said before I think Laine has the strongest thick bar grip in the world.

I think it would be really awesome to see more endurance stuff in competitions, sort of like they have in strongman contests. A specific weight for reps.

I agree with you, there's nothing I like more than seeing a monstrous weight just dominated. People dream about lifting ~100 kg on RT, and Laine just does it for 45 reps, it's completely bonkers.

27 minutes ago, Kashtan said:

Amazing result Laine! 3 days - enough for your`s recovery on thick bar work, Laine?

Thanks - I tend to recover fairly well - after I did the 20 with the Silarukov, I did 2 sets of 20 with 90.5kgs on the crusher with only 2 days recovery.  I won't lift again until Sunday, then I will try for a decent rep count on the silarukov with 108kgs to see where I am.  After that I will try the same with 106+ on the crusher and see where I end up - after that, I will just go back to training and look for a big number at some contests.

I hope your training is going well.

Laine

• Like 5

Another question. Who can rep 100 KG deadlift for 45 times DO lol? My endurance sucks I think I cant lol.

56 minutes ago, Alawadhi said:

Another question. Who can rep 100 KG deadlift for 45 times DO lol? My endurance sucks I think I cant lol.

I don't think this is a problem for any serious powerlifter. It's funny you ask though because I was going to try this with BW (97 kg) with the axle later today, will be interesting to see. I haven't trained DL in several months so if I get 20 reps I'm happy haha :D

17 hours ago, LAINE SNOOK said:

Thanks - I tend to recover fairly well - after I did the 20 with the Silarukov, I did 2 sets of 20 with 90.5kgs on the crusher with only 2 days recovery.  I won't lift again until Sunday, then I will try for a decent rep count on the silarukov with 108kgs to see where I am.  After that I will try the same with 106+ on the crusher and see where I end up - after that, I will just go back to training and look for a big number at some contests.

I hope your training is going well.

Laine

Thanks for answer Laine. I look forward to the video of your next workout! And I'm sure - there are a lot of people like me!

1 hour ago, Alawadhi said:

@Rob McMurren 

Sounds like a good challenge for our Christmas party Sunday?

1 hour ago, Alawadhi said:

I did 220.6lb.  x18 reps DO IM axle without letting bar touch ground- so no re-gripping- needless to say, it was hard on this soon-to-be 52 year old.

• Like 1

I managed 20 reps with axle at 97.5 kg. Didn't want to do more because I didn't want to clean the floor afterwards :D

• Like 1