Gripmas

wobbler

Short and sweet, bombed the contest because I popped my thumb open on euro, so zeroed that and axle because I would have just bled on everything.

It was awesome to meet everyone. Full stop, that alone was worth the trip.

To be totally honest the "listmas" aspect of it was what sealed the deal for me going.

For various reasons, I did not get to do pretty much any of the lists I set out for, but, I think that could be a great draw for participants in future contests.

Do a 3 lift contest and then poll the confirmed participants for a few extra sanctioned lifts.

Anyway, it was a good low pressure way to get me to my first contest, looking forward to some more in the future.

• Like 3

Can confirm that Will was bleeding like a stuck pig for a few hours there. 

It was great to meet you out in Crooksville. I’m hoping to steal the Listmas concept in the near future, since we have one local lifter who makes extra attempts on almost all of her events solely to set records. 

Yeah, nice talking with you. There were a few people that gave me a nudge to start bending again, we'll soon see if I appreciate that, or resent you guys for it... 

That cut was the weirdest thing, it was on the tip of my thumb, felt like when a hub slips out, then I looked down and a big flap was hanging off. I knew to watch my webs on the euro but wasn't ready for that.

40 minutes ago, Tom Flesher said:

The world is a better place with more benders in it.

ok, ok, gimme some easy 3-16ths and I'll see if I get the bug

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Vinnie said:

ok, ok, gimme some easy 3-16ths and I'll see if I get the bug

Slow down,  start out just trying to straighten out a few paperclips for several months to build up a good base.

• Like 2