Jump to content
LAINE SNOOK

Fun with the 2.5" Crusher.....

Recommended Posts

LAINE SNOOK

Hello All.

 

Had some fun(?) with the Crusher tonight - much harder than the Silarukov 60mm handle.  I had to dig in to get the reps out tonight.  At one point, I thought I was going to expire!!!

 

I will try the R/T with the same weight next time.

 

 

 

Good luck.

 

Laine

 

 

  • Like 16

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Kashtan

Absolutely impressive Laine! Soon attempt on RT with 98 kg weight no less then 30 reps!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Andrew P

To put some perspective on how nuts this is. Last years Crusher List with Laine's 20 reps put in. 

 

image.png.31cbb192c17e94bc69a29e57d3d41de1.png

  • Like 8

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
KapMan

How the hell is this real? I call bs, this guy is clearly alien. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Stanislav
5 hours ago, KapMan said:

How the hell is this real? I call bs, this guy is clearly alien. 

He just  works very hard, and well gifted athlete

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Hopefully
5 hours ago, KapMan said:

How the hell is this real? I call bs, this guy is clearly alien. 

Genetics 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
LAINE SNOOK
7 hours ago, Andrew P said:

To put some perspective on how nuts this is. Last years Crusher List with Laine's 20 reps put in. 

 

image.png.31cbb192c17e94bc69a29e57d3d41de1.png

Hi Andrew,

 

You've made a VERY tough handle - it really does make you work for each rep... thank you for bringing such pain into my life!!!!

 

I am probably going to try for a decent number with 106kgs in the next week or so - it will be interesting to see where I end up.

 

Take care.

 

Laine

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
LAINE SNOOK
7 hours ago, KapMan said:

How the hell is this real? I call bs, this guy is clearly alien. 

It felt real enough when I was doing it - too real...

 

I'm sorry that you don't seem to believe it - I made a point of doing it/weighing it to avoid any doubts about the lifts... sometimes it upsets me to think that people don't believe things I lift - but if you think it's 'bs' that's your choice.  

 

Take care.

 

Laine

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Royz

Unreal strength! Keep doing what you do to amaze us Laine!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
anwnate
1 hour ago, LAINE SNOOK said:

It felt real enough when I was doing it - too real...

 

I'm sorry that you don't seem to believe it - I made a point of doing it/weighing it to avoid any doubts about the lifts... sometimes it upsets me to think that people don't believe things I lift - but if you think it's 'bs' that's your choice.  

 

Take care.

 

Laine

Laine...I'm pretty sure this was actually a compliment...framed as a joke about your genetics.  Sometimes people do something that makes them seem "outworldly."   I long for the day I'm called an alien. :) 

  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
KapMan
4 hours ago, anwnate said:

Laine...I'm pretty sure this was actually a compliment...framed as a joke about your genetics.  Sometimes people do something that makes them seem "outworldly."   I long for the day I'm called an alien. :) 

Yup. Wasnt insulting anyone. 

Side note, Nate the fact you still do the things you do with what you’ve been through smells strangely immortal to me..🤔

Edited by KapMan
Added name for clarity
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
KapMan
4 hours ago, Stanislav said:

He just  works very hard, and well gifted athlete

 

3 hours ago, Hopefully said:

Genetics 

Im aware, it was a compliment. I call Adam Glass a mutant for the same reason. Unadulterated strength that very few folk that we know of can replicate. 

Laine is a strong ass dude doing strong ass stuff that most folk pray to god for.

Lets relax. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
LAINE SNOOK
10 minutes ago, KapMan said:

Yup. Wasnt insulting anyone. 

Side note, the fact you still do the things you do with what you’ve been through smells strangely immortal to me..🤔

I'm sorry if I misunderstood your comment - I am 'neuro-atypical', and sometimes I struggle to see the meaning in things, it also makes me socially awkward, which is why I tend to keep myself to myself.  Added to that, I have other 'issues' to contend with.  That said, I have decided to do some things worthy of note in 2019, and I plan to enter some contests and see where I end up.

 

Once again, I apologize for any misunderstanding.

 

Laine

Edited by LAINE SNOOK
made a mistake
  • Like 11

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Fist of Fury

Incredible display of strength, has to be one of the most impressive grip feats I've ever seen.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Alawadhi

Laine my boy, you are one strong MONSTER! And take this as a compliment my friend :rock Can't wait for 2019!!! ;) 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Hubgeezer
8 hours ago, LAINE SNOOK said:

 I am 'neuro-atypical', and sometimes I struggle to see the meaning in things, it also makes me socially awkward, which is why I tend to keep myself to myself.  

 

Socially awkward? NO ONE of this board is that way. Every single member is as smooth and polished and people-comfortable as an experienced politician...

 

NOT!!!😎😁

  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
LAINE SNOOK
29 minutes ago, Hubgeezer said:

Socially awkward? NO ONE of this board is that way. Every single member is as smooth and polished and people-comfortable as an experienced politician...

 

NOT!!!😎😁

I have an excuse, I have Aspergers...that said, in some ways it's like a PED... performance enhancing disability...

 

Laine

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
EricMilfeld
9 hours ago, LAINE SNOOK said:

I'm sorry if I misunderstood your comment - I am 'neuro-atypical', and sometimes I struggle to see the meaning in things, it also makes me socially awkward, which is why I tend to keep myself to myself.  Added to that, I have other 'issues' to contend with.  That said, I have decided to do some things worthy of note in 2019, and I plan to enter some contests and see where I end up.

 

Once again, I apologize for any misunderstanding.

 

Laine

I look forward to seeing you put up some monster numbers in contests!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Boulderbrew

Amazing Laine! Seriously incredible strength and endurance.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Hubgeezer
3 hours ago, LAINE SNOOK said:

I have an excuse, I have Aspergers...that said, in some ways it's like a PED... performance enhancing disability...

 

Laine

Go to the annual AOBS Dinner. There's lots of people there with it. I've been called "Rain Man" a few too many times myself, so I shouldn't make jokes about it.

On  a serious note, your numbers are remarkable. Your advice of "high reps" for improving Rolling Thunder performance is pretty much Gospel in the grip world, and it's been successfully followed by many.:mosher

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
KapMan
14 hours ago, LAINE SNOOK said:

I'm sorry if I misunderstood your comment - I am 'neuro-atypical', and sometimes I struggle to see the meaning in things, it also makes me socially awkward, which is why I tend to keep myself to myself.  Added to that, I have other 'issues' to contend with.  That said, I have decided to do some things worthy of note in 2019, and I plan to enter some contests and see where I end up.

 

Once again, I apologize for any misunderstanding.

 

Laine

My boy is on the spectrum. I deal with it all the time. No need to apologize. The internet is a very fickle thing. You’re the man! Please keep posting and I look forward to what you bring in 2019!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Joseph Sullivan
On 12/16/2018 at 9:10 PM, Andrew P said:

To put some perspective on how nuts this is. Last years Crusher List with Laine's 20 reps put in. 

 

image.png.31cbb192c17e94bc69a29e57d3d41de1.png

Andrew,

Is this list going to be updated to current lifts soon? 

Joe

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Andrew P
27 minutes ago, Joseph Sullivan said:

Andrew,

Is this list going to be updated to current lifts soon? 

Joe

At some point it's on my to do list. I got the anvils and Axles updated and have been working on the bending rulebook.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Andrew P
On 12/17/2018 at 4:49 AM, LAINE SNOOK said:

Hi Andrew,

 

You've made a VERY tough handle - it really does make you work for each rep... thank you for bringing such pain into my life!!!!

 

I am probably going to try for a decent number with 106kgs in the next week or so - it will be interesting to see where I end up.

 

Take care.

 

Laine

Laine Thank you for the kind words. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Andrew P

Records list updated. 

@LAINE SNOOK I included your 20 rep on the records list. 

 

image.png.074db49960548c11cc2045c73b6e572d.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy policies.