Fun with the 2.5" Crusher.....

LAINE SNOOK

Hello All.

Had some fun(?) with the Crusher tonight - much harder than the Silarukov 60mm handle.  I had to dig in to get the reps out tonight.  At one point, I thought I was going to expire!!!

I will try the R/T with the same weight next time.

Good luck.

Laine

• Like 14

To put some perspective on how nuts this is. Last years Crusher List with Laine's 20 reps put in. 

image.png.31cbb192c17e94bc69a29e57d3d41de1.png

• Like 8

5 hours ago, KapMan said:

How the hell is this real? I call bs, this guy is clearly alien. 

He just  works very hard, and well gifted athlete

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Andrew P said:

To put some perspective on how nuts this is. Last years Crusher List with Laine's 20 reps put in. 

Hi Andrew,

You've made a VERY tough handle - it really does make you work for each rep... thank you for bringing such pain into my life!!!!

I am probably going to try for a decent number with 106kgs in the next week or so - it will be interesting to see where I end up.

Take care.

Laine

• Like 4

7 hours ago, KapMan said:

How the hell is this real? I call bs, this guy is clearly alien. 

It felt real enough when I was doing it - too real...

I'm sorry that you don't seem to believe it - I made a point of doing it/weighing it to avoid any doubts about the lifts... sometimes it upsets me to think that people don't believe things I lift - but if you think it's 'bs' that's your choice.  

Take care.

Laine

• Like 1

1 hour ago, LAINE SNOOK said:

It felt real enough when I was doing it - too real...

I'm sorry that you don't seem to believe it - I made a point of doing it/weighing it to avoid any doubts about the lifts... sometimes it upsets me to think that people don't believe things I lift - but if you think it's 'bs' that's your choice.  

Take care.

Laine

Laine...I'm pretty sure this was actually a compliment...framed as a joke about your genetics.  Sometimes people do something that makes them seem "outworldly."   I long for the day I'm called an alien. :) 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, anwnate said:

Laine...I'm pretty sure this was actually a compliment...framed as a joke about your genetics.  Sometimes people do something that makes them seem "outworldly."   I long for the day I'm called an alien. :) 

Yup. Wasnt insulting anyone. 

Side note, Nate the fact you still do the things you do with what you’ve been through smells strangely immortal to me..🤔

Edited by KapMan
Added name for clarity
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, Stanislav said:

He just  works very hard, and well gifted athlete

3 hours ago, Hopefully said:

Genetics 

Im aware, it was a compliment. I call Adam Glass a mutant for the same reason. Unadulterated strength that very few folk that we know of can replicate. 

Laine is a strong ass dude doing strong ass stuff that most folk pray to god for.

Lets relax. 

10 minutes ago, KapMan said:

Yup. Wasnt insulting anyone. 

Side note, the fact you still do the things you do with what you’ve been through smells strangely immortal to me..🤔

I'm sorry if I misunderstood your comment - I am 'neuro-atypical', and sometimes I struggle to see the meaning in things, it also makes me socially awkward, which is why I tend to keep myself to myself.  Added to that, I have other 'issues' to contend with.  That said, I have decided to do some things worthy of note in 2019, and I plan to enter some contests and see where I end up.

Once again, I apologize for any misunderstanding.

Laine

Edited by LAINE SNOOK
made a mistake
  • Like 11

Laine my boy, you are one strong MONSTER! And take this as a compliment my friend :rock Can't wait for 2019!!! ;) 

• Like 3

8 hours ago, LAINE SNOOK said:

I am 'neuro-atypical', and sometimes I struggle to see the meaning in things, it also makes me socially awkward, which is why I tend to keep myself to myself.  

Socially awkward? NO ONE of this board is that way. Every single member is as smooth and polished and people-comfortable as an experienced politician...

NOT!!!😎😁

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

29 minutes ago, Hubgeezer said:

Socially awkward? NO ONE of this board is that way. Every single member is as smooth and polished and people-comfortable as an experienced politician...

NOT!!!😎😁

I have an excuse, I have Aspergers...that said, in some ways it's like a PED... performance enhancing disability...

Laine

• Like 3

9 hours ago, LAINE SNOOK said:

I'm sorry if I misunderstood your comment - I am 'neuro-atypical', and sometimes I struggle to see the meaning in things, it also makes me socially awkward, which is why I tend to keep myself to myself.  Added to that, I have other 'issues' to contend with.  That said, I have decided to do some things worthy of note in 2019, and I plan to enter some contests and see where I end up.

Laine

I look forward to seeing you put up some monster numbers in contests!

Amazing Laine! Seriously incredible strength and endurance.

3 hours ago, LAINE SNOOK said:

I have an excuse, I have Aspergers...that said, in some ways it's like a PED... performance enhancing disability...

Laine

Go to the annual AOBS Dinner. There's lots of people there with it. I've been called "Rain Man" a few too many times myself, so I shouldn't make jokes about it.

On  a serious note, your numbers are remarkable. Your advice of "high reps" for improving Rolling Thunder performance is pretty much Gospel in the grip world, and it's been successfully followed by many.:mosher

• Like 1

14 hours ago, LAINE SNOOK said:

Laine

My boy is on the spectrum. I deal with it all the time. No need to apologize. The internet is a very fickle thing. You’re the man! Please keep posting and I look forward to what you bring in 2019!

• Like 1

On 12/16/2018 at 9:10 PM, Andrew P said:

Andrew,

Is this list going to be updated to current lifts soon? 

Joe

27 minutes ago, Joseph Sullivan said:

Andrew,

Is this list going to be updated to current lifts soon? 

Joe

At some point it's on my to do list. I got the anvils and Axles updated and have been working on the bending rulebook.

On 12/17/2018 at 4:49 AM, LAINE SNOOK said:

Hi Andrew,

You've made a VERY tough handle - it really does make you work for each rep... thank you for bringing such pain into my life!!!!

I am probably going to try for a decent number with 106kgs in the next week or so - it will be interesting to see where I end up.

Take care.

Laine

Laine Thank you for the kind words. 

4 minutes ago, Andrew P said:

Records list updated. 

@LAINE SNOOK I included your 20 rep on the records list. 

image.png.074db49960548c11cc2045c73b6e572d.png

Andrew - I am probably going to try 106kgs/233lbs at the weekend, to see how many reps I get out of it - do you think I should add 0.5kgs to it so it is higher than the record?

Let me know,

Laine

• Like 1