Help

KapMan

Can someone remind me of the typical order as far as what to hit next for unbraced bars in relation to achieving red?

2 minutes ago, KapMan said:

Can someone remind me of the typical order as far as what to hit next for unbraced bars in relation to achieving red?

There are lots of options but 9/32 to 1/4 Square to the red works for crs. You can do drill rod, bolts or other things to add in.

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Donc101 said:

There are lots of options but 9/32 to 1/4 Square to the red works for crs. You can do drill rod, bolts or other things to add in.

Thanks don, looking to navigate my next bar. Gonna have to buy stuff that I know what it is. I got a bunch of crap I have no clue what the hell it is. And I dont want to go tne wrong route and get injured. 

6 minutes ago, Donc101 said:

I’d slide the 6” x 1/4” gr8 right before the red, after the square as well

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Shoggoth said:

I’d slide the 6” x 1/4” gr8 right before the red, after the square as well

Yup.

• Thanks 1

So lemme understand this right.

9/32 crs, 1/4 square, 6” grade 8 then red?

i can do 60s, 6” grade 5, 1/4” crs rd and hex. Pretty confident I can kill a square. 

Next question then Ill pound sand. Recommended place to grab steel aside from FBBC? My local place only has the softer crs believe they said 1045

15 minutes ago, KapMan said:

Youre the man nate thank you!

Not me.  Aaron is the man actually.  Well Don and Jason too.  I just saved a link.

8 minutes ago, KapMan said:

Next question then Ill pound sand. Recommended place to grab steel aside from FBBC? My local place only has the softer crs believe they said 1045

https://store.diesupplies.com/precision-marshall-drill-rod-c38.aspx

getting Alpha O-1 DR is pretty reasonable...just gotta cut down the 36" pieces. 

J,K,L is that sweet spot before the Red (M-N)

https://www.fastenal.com/

• Thanks 1

Here is the theory version based on Aarons measurements and good old mechanics of materials. 

image.png.9c875e3e456bc1cd60a0beae8a315cdf.pngimage.png.cfb4088a06751ccc50a1d369a1aa5b2c.png

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Man. I cant thank you guys enough. Everytime I think about the cert I get fired up. Youguys are the real mvps! 

• Like 2