Reverse gr8

Shoggoth

3 hit reverse bend with a 6” x 1/4” gr8 bolt. I’ll futz along to the reds and beyond again. Figured I’d post it in here. Help keep this section busy. 

• Like 7

1 hour ago, acromegaman said:

Nice bending there Jason 💪😈.

Danke!

4 hours ago, Shoggoth said:

3 hit reverse bend with a 6” x 1/4” gr8 bolt. I’ll futz along to the reds and beyond again. Figured I’d post it in here. Help keep this section busy. 

Alright i guess🧐

• Like 2

Felt good to have it melt like it’s supposed to. Tried one yesterday and only got thirty some degrees. 

26 minutes ago, Shoggoth said:

Felt good to have it melt like it’s supposed to. Tried one yesterday and only got thirty some degrees. 

Massive reverse strength. Blew an ass gasket doing DU. 

11 minutes ago, KapMan said:

Massive reverse strength. Blew an ass gasket doing DU. 

I come close to blacking out every time with DU. Haven’t tried it in years. 

• Like 2

I hated DU at first and favored Reverse. Now its the opposite for me. Reverse doesn't feel good to me anymore.

4 minutes ago, acromegaman said:

I hated DU at first and favored Reverse. Now its the opposite for me. Reverse doesn't feel good to me anymore.

When I started DU was the only thing I could generate power with then my reverse strength passed it. 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Shoggoth said:

When I started DU was the only thing I could generate power with then my reverse strength passed it. 

I love DU. Maybe because its out of necessity because I cant do DO. Ive kinked grade 5s reversed. Im just so intent on accomplishing so much with my strongest move that I really don’t care about the others. My goal is to atleast match some of the stuff guys like Booyah did. I know I can do it. I just know it. 

Edited by KapMan
Crappy spelling
  • Like 2

Since we’re on topic, what advice do you guys have for a DO degenerate like me to improve my reverse and DU ability? Right now there’s a huge jump for me - I can do timber ties (I do them reverse with IMPs touching and DU in one pad, and I’ll finish them DU, chest crushing them upside down) but I have a bag of shiny 60Ds that I can move a couple of degrees in reverse or DU but can’t go any further. 

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, Tom Flesher said:

Since we’re on topic, what advice do you guys have for a DO degenerate like me to improve my reverse and DU ability? Right now there’s a huge jump for me - I can do timber ties (I do them reverse with IMPs touching and DU in one pad, and I’ll finish them DU, chest crushing them upside down) but I have a bag of shiny 60Ds that I can move a couple of degrees in reverse or DU but can’t go any further. 

Perfect your form first then bend moderate to heavy bends and perform isos. Bending bulk quantities of easy bars will help your form, but not much else.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Tom Flesher said:

Those things are no joke. I wanna find more and try 5” bends. My area only seems to have the easy galvanized ones. Once im done with the shinies I have, I’m going 1/4” crs squares. Ive heard some folk just bulk bending 60s and then after hitting 20 or more crush a red, I dunno. Everyone is different. 

Edited by KapMan
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, KapMan said:

Those things are no joke. I wanna find more and try 5” bends. My area only seems to have the easy galvanized ones. Once im done with the shinies I have, I’m going 1/4” crs squares. Ive heard some folk just bulk bending 60s and then after hitting 20 or more crush a red, I dunno. Everyone is different. 

Perhaps we should arrange a trade.

I used to do bulk bending sessions once a week for reverse about 10 years ago. I’m sure it played some part in my development but once you get your general technique down you need to hone it with 1-2 maximal bends every 7-10 days. That iso type pressure being sustained (or increased) until the bar moves and to continue pushing through it is something to get used to. You need to develop the ability to execute long (good) hits. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Tom Flesher said:

Perhaps we should arrange a trade.

What do you have in mind, my fine bending friend? 

Edited by KapMan

1 minute ago, Shoggoth said:

I used to do bulk bending sessions once a week for reverse about 10 years ago. I’m sure it played some part in my development but once you get your general technique down you need to hone it with 1-2 maximal bends every 7-10 days. That iso type pressure being sustained (or increased) until the bar moves and to continue pushing through it is something to get used to. You need to develop the ability to execute long (good) hits. 

Ive been told that from several of you guys. Im only bulking to get conditioned then Im moving on to hard to stuff in the manner you’ve described. But does that apply to all forms or more DO and you need to kinda adjust for reverse and DU? 

18 hours ago, Shoggoth said:

Very strong bend, you totally killed it.

Reverse bending is the coolest way of bending steel in my opinion. A true test of hand and arm strength!

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, KapMan said:

Ive been told that from several of you guys. Im only bulking to get conditioned then Im moving on to hard to stuff in the manner you’ve described. But does that apply to all forms or more DO and you need to kinda adjust for reverse and DU? 

The volumes change between the styles. Reverse seems to take the most recovery time. DO you can do fairly frequently, just mix up the intensity/positions/wraps/etc. DU I could do 1-2 times a week with maybe 2-3 bends. 

I only focus on one style at a time too. It lets me recoup better for the next session. I’m not a “benders-bender” per se. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Tom Flesher said:

Says the guy who just reversed a grade 8.

It’s my one knack

• Like 2