Texas Forearm Massacre - Saginaw, TX 12/9

Clay Edgin

Hey guys, I'm hosting a last chance qualifier for Team USA on Sunday, 12/9 in Saginaw, TX just outside of Dallas-Fort Worth. Free entry, no Armlifting USA membership required, but we're asking that you pay the drop in to The Edge Fitness Center where the contest is being held out of courtesy for the venue. No pre-registration required; just show up! The Armlifting USA rankings get closed on 12/31 so this is one of the last chances to get your name on the list and try to earn your spot for the team going to Russia in May.

Events are silver bullet, axle, RT, and LBH. I'll be judging and will try to live stream everything if we can get a good connection and it's okay with the gym (some venues are funny about that). 

Come on out!

My Post (29).jpg

• Like 6

Yeah buddy! I’ll be there, 135lbs axle and all 💪

10 minutes ago, Tommy J. said:

See you there!

Lol! No way man. You could easily take axle by storm also. 

I’ll be out there this Sunday too. I’m gonna hold you to the rule of heckling me about the axle “once per beer” 

6 hours ago, Tommy J. said:

Lol! Oh that will continue!

have you noticed that i have been somewhat passively mentioning it in my posts also? 😬

You guys' whole grip superhero team should hit this forearm massacre then bring the fight to the commies....I mean Russians

@ClayEdgin the next event you run, if you do, hit me up via PM a few months before and I will help out however I can with sponsorship money, prizes, whatever you might need.

I think what you guys have going on the Texas is a great thing. 

-Rick

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Tommy J. said:

Athletes will get unlimited attempts to lift as much weight as possible in a rising bar format. Weight will be added to the loading pin in 2.5kg increments and athlete will choose when to jump in or pass.   The lifter will have 30 seconds to successfully complete an attempt.

I didn’t realize we got unlimited attempts AND 30sec to complete the lift. Nice! This should be a fun format 

On 12/2/2018 at 9:22 AM, Rick Walker said:

@ClayEdgin the next event you run, if you do, hit me up via PM a few months before and I will help out however I can with sponsorship money, prizes, whatever you might need.

I think what you guys have going on the Texas is a great thing. 

-Rick

Thanks @Rick Walker! I think we're looking at February for the next one so I"ll keep you in the loop.

• Like 1

It’s kinda fun startin’ all over with grip training, because I can look forward to progressing again. 

By the way, Tommy, I’m pretty sure Adam’s cut was to make 90k, or about 198 pounds. 

Clay certainly went above and beyond driving up from Austin and conducting the contest on short notice. I’ve always loved his sense of humor, and it’s almost overshadowed by his friendly graciousness, and that’s not just the whiskey talking. I’m not sure who won the whiskey event, but Tommy may have edged me on body weight. 

Edited by EricMilfeld
  • Like 2