RIP Andrey Pushkar

The Under Table

Very, very sad news.... I'm shocked.... Why this happen ??????

World and European champion in arm wrestling, 33-year-old Andrey Pushkar died in a traffic accident on the Kyiv-Chop highway. A message to the police about this was received today, November 14, at about 15 o'clock.

According to preliminary information shared by “Ternopolyani”, the driver of the car “Citroen” lost control, drove into oncoming traffic, where he collided with a truck.

As a result of an accident, the driver and passenger of the van died on the spot.

One of the victims of the accident was another prominent Ukrainian fighter Oleg Zhokh. His father, also in the Citroen cabin, died on the spot.

At the scene works investigative team, patrol police and rescuers"

My condolences to the family and friends of Andrey and Oleg!
Andrey is a symbol and an object to follow for many athletes in the world, not only in Ukraine! I know very little of such people - those who have achieved so much and have not become ill with star disease. Andrew never refused to help and advise everyone who approached him, regardless of how old a person was and what he achieved in sports! ...
Together with him, a whole epoch in the Ukrainian arm wrestling was gone ... We all, apart from the Champion, lost the example of the fact that even at the Top you can remain a simple person, kind and sincere ...

• Like 5

What a shame this mans life ended so soon. This could happen to any of us at any moment. Cherish the little time we have on this earth folk. In the blink of an eye it can end. The next breathe is not a guarantee, but a gift of God. He holds our lives in His hands .

Is this the same Oleg with huge left

arm aswell? In same accident 

23 minutes ago, Roger Roberson said:

Is this the same Oleg with huge left

arm aswell? In same accident 

Yes, apparently he was driving the car.

Im devastated.....truly shocking.....you were a Giant Andrey....never foget you.

Oleg critical....olegs dad died. Oleg lost control of his citroen on a freeway and they smashed into a truck.

RIP Andrey, and Oleg's father.

Apparently Oleg was driving the Citroen and is in critical condition. There appear to be some photos of the crash, and honestly it looks horrific.

Really sad news. Hope Oleg pulls through 

5 hours ago, Tommy J. said:

Man this has to be rough on Oleg. He and Pushkar were homies. And Olegs dad played a big role in encouraging and supporting Olegs arm wrestling. Saw a video recently of a short biography on Oleg. It stated how when he was born, the doctors implied to his father that his left arm was weak and would mostly be useless. But his dad rejected that info, and helped Oleg grow it strong as he grew. It was a really motivating story to say the least.

and the fact that one of the only top heavyweights to really acknowledge that Oleg is genuinly strong was Pushkar. And he has passed now. Sad deal man.

Fate deals us a cruel blow sometimes....armwrestling has changed now for me....Pushkar has been a dominant force for 10 years, the guy's explosiveness, power, competitiveness.....he would never duck anyone.

Even when he knew he'd lose to denis he'd still take him on, and got stronger and stronger...and only 33....possibly the strongest puller ever..his 2015 form was monstrous..

I dont know of any other sport where the very best passed on at their peak....truly disturbing.

I'm not sure if Oleg will ever compete again, guy had enormous potential and was already the best even at 85-90kg lefty.

I wish oleg a speedy recovery, he's going to be devestated by the passing of his dad and Andre...

Icy roads apparently in ukraine and with an old citroen and possibly older tires on not winter tires let to dangerous conditions.

Man to die on your way to a mega event ....

Will never get to see dream match of Pushkar vs chaffee now, but he left us with alot of memories.

Oleg is stable now. But he is in an induced coma at the moment with two broken arms, internal organ damage and hematoma in the head. Last I heard he was being transferred to another hospital for surgery

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, David_wigren said:

Oleg is stable now. But he is in an induced coma at the moment with two broken arms, internal organ damage and hematoma in the head. Last I heard he was being transferred to another hospital for surgery

Thanks for that.....sounds quite serious.

If he makes it out its going to be a long recovery. All the best of luck to him.

This is so surreal, especially on the heels of Konstantin’s passing. At first I was hopeful the title of this thread was a misguided joke. Very sad, indeed. Speedy recovery (as much as one can recover from such a tragedy) for Oleg. 

Edited by EricMilfeld
  • Sad 1

8 hours ago, kasparov said:

Fate deals us a cruel blow sometimes....armwrestling has changed now for me....Pushkar has been a dominant force for 10 years, the guy's explosiveness, power, competitiveness.....he would never duck anyone.

Even when he knew he'd lose to denis he'd still take him on, and got stronger and stronger...and only 33....possibly the strongest puller ever..his 2015 form was monstrous..

I dont know of any other sport where the very best passed on at their peak....truly disturbing.

I'm not sure if Oleg will ever compete again, guy had enormous potential and was already the best even at 85-90kg lefty.

I wish oleg a speedy recovery, he's going to be devestated by the passing of his dad and Andre...

Icy roads apparently in ukraine and with an old citroen and possibly older tires on not winter tires let to dangerous conditions.

Man to die on your way to a mega event ....

Will never get to see dream match of Pushkar vs chaffee now, but he left us with alot of memories.

Sadly, strongman has seen the same. Jesse Marunde, Sigmarsson, Mike Jenkins, Johnny Perry. I am sure there are more. Marunde and Perry were forces and, IMO, about to reach their peaks. Taken way too soon.

Like someone else said, this is the reality of life. Death is certain. As humans, we are fragile organisms and there are thousands of things that can kill us very easily. Cherish life, do the sh*t you love to do, and live it to the fullest every day.

Condolences to all involved,

-Rick

• Like 2

RIP Andrey, and Sergey Zhokh.

Oleg Zhokh - at this time is in a regional hospital in Rivne, in a stable serious condition. He has hematoma of head, two fractures in the bone of the forearm of his left hand, the lungs are crushed. At this time, all of Ukraine and Russia are raising money to the account of his mother Svetlana to help.
Andrew will be buried today in Kremenec.

This is huge tragedy for whole nation. 

For me Andrey -  rarest fusion of will, strength, energy, perseverance, and at the same time a sense of humor, nobility and intelligence.

Huge friend - rest in peace. 33 years old - age of Jesus.

Just shock for me...

Edited by Kashtan
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

7 minutes ago, Kashtan said:

Oleg Zhokh - at this time is in a regional hospital in Rivne, in a stable serious condition. He has hematoma of head, two fractures in the bone of the forearm of his left hand, the lungs are crushed. At this time, all of Ukraine and Russia are raising money to the account of his mother Svetlana to help.

For me Andrey -  rarest fusion of will, strength, energy, perseverance, and at the same time a sense of humor, nobility and intelligence.

Just shock for me...

I thought the same when I saw how old he was. 

26 minutes ago, Kashtan said:

Just shock for me...

My condolences, Igor. I never had the chance to meet Andrey, but your description aligns with the impression I always had of him. A tremendous loss...

15 minutes ago, Eric Roussin said:

My condolences, Igor. I never had the chance to meet Andrey, but your description aligns with the impression I always had of him. A tremendous loss...

Thank you Eric. 

I am also planning to go to Rumia on Vendetta as a viewer, and spoke with Andrey, so that together with him, but he explained that he would only go to the airport.In order not to get tired.

Edited by Kashtan

17 minutes ago, Kashtan said:

Thank you Eric. 

I am also planning to go to Rumia on Vendetta as a viewer, and spoke with Andrey, so that together with him, but he explained that he would only go to the airport.In order not to get tired.

I expect Igor M has something very special planned to honour Andrey.

4 minutes ago, Eric Roussin said:

I expect Igor M has something very special planned to honour Andrey.

Yes....and zloty/nemiroff should be called Pushkar Cup from now.

58 minutes ago, Kashtan said:

Just shock for me...

Sorry for your loss......