Tommy J.

Any Ak guys here?

Tommy J.
1 hour ago, KapMan said:

Never had a problem with mine. Then again it sounds like you never had the taste of A3s 

Nossir. I got stuck as a crew serve gunner (240B) for all my field and convoy training, and for the real deal over seas. With the M9A1 as my side arm. Then as soon as we deployed, all of us crew serve gunners got stuck with the old ass A1s while the rest of the battalion got new up to date rifles. Crew serve gunners only get to get the big guns out on convoys and fighting position duty like ECP watches where vehicles appraoched. And i wouldnt have had to carry that A1 if others didnt cry that i just had to carry the M9 on my leg while they “had” to carry rifles around while i was off duty. So out of “fairness” i was forced to carry an A1 after i turned my 240 in when off duty. (Yes we trade duty sections even over seas so you get down time) So When the GM in the armory handed it to me i was like “really?”. But the GM that handed it to me said “shut your mouth. Thats a real A1! Everybody else just gets burst and semi.” Like that made it cool?.. I still didnt care for it though. Because we werent allowed to turn the fun switch to auto when engaging persons anyways. Highly frowned upon. So i was forced to run that one on semi. It was basically a useless option on the rifle unless i had to engage a vehicle. 

basically, being a crew serve gunner was only useful, and only an option for engaging vehicles. Had one of us opened fire on personnel (Tango or not) with any kind of crew serve we would have been in deep doo doo in most circumstances. This applied for all crew serve gunners in my battalion, including the M2, MK19, 249SAW, and 240B team gunners.

btw, my Avatar is a pic of me and my squad in Kandahar. If you can enlarge the pic, you can see my A1 fitted with an ACOG and forward grip. I took the pac2 beams off because i hated it. Im kneeling in front of my squad in the pic.

But like i said, i wouldnt have even had to carry that A1 when off duty if it wasnt for cry babies that thought their little rifles were heavy. I wish i could have forced them to carry just from the armory to a truck a 240B, an extra barrel for it, all the ammo, AND the side arm and ammo while in full gear. I bet they would have kept their mouths shut when they saw me getting a break then!

edit: i misspoke above. The 249SAW is not a crew serve. That one is manned individually. Apologies for including that one in the crew serve line up. But that mistake almost goes without saying. I never received training on the 249SAW, the AT4, the MK19, or the M2.

Edited by Tommy J.

Tommy J.

Everybody in the military bitches about something at some point. As i stated above, it sort of chapped my ass that i had to tote an A1 around after finally getting to offload that brute of a weapon 240 when i got a chance. But oddly enough, even after looking forward to the occassional relieving break from the 240, i also kind of hated that i never got to receive training on the M2, the MK19, and the AT4.. those are all pretty exhausting to carry as well from what i could tell, but they are bad dudes!

the AT4 was especially badass! I tried multiple times to get the AT4 class cert so i could man it. But never got in on that one.

And fun fact for everyone, its quite stressful and terrifying to be doing a land nav assessment while nearing an active AT4 range.. being in that situation makes a man rethink falling asleep in the land nav class again before you go out and take your land nav assessment! 🤦🏼‍♂️

The 240 wasnt heavy on that day to say the least! 

Edited by Tommy J.

KapMan

240 was my favorite weapon id carry that to hell and back. I begged to keep it lol id treat it as I treated my weakass A3

• Like 1

Tommy J.

Yeah the 240 is partially responsible for me being more of a .30cal guy. 😜

• Haha 1

IROC-Z
On ‎11‎/‎9‎/‎2018 at 5:48 AM, Tank Andrade said:

Enjoy brother. Im the plant manager of Charter arms we make all calibers of revolvers check out our catalog and hit me up if you like anything

I'm actually looking for a new cc, and I'm giving serious consideration to the 53820, and I also love the 53870 version.

svr
11 hours ago, Tommy J. said:

Everybody in the military bitches about something at some point. As i stated above, it sort of chapped my ass that i had to tote an A1 around after finally getting to offload that brute of a weapon 240 when i got a chance. But oddly enough, even after looking forward to the occassional relieving break from the 240, i also kind of hated that i never got to receive training on the M2, the MK19, and the AT4.. those are all pretty exhausting to carry as well from what i could tell, but they are bad dudes!

the AT4 was especially badass! I tried multiple times to get the AT4 class cert so i could man it. But never got in on that one.

And fun fact for everyone, its quite stressful and terrifying to be doing a land nav assessment while nearing an active AT4 range.. being in that situation makes a man rethink falling asleep in the land nav class again before you go out and take your land nav assessment! 🤦🏼‍♂️

The 240 wasnt heavy on that day to say the least!

Thanks Tommy and to everyone else who served.

Be proud this Veteran's Day.

• Thanks 2

Adam Juncker
14 hours ago, Tommy J. said:

and for anyone that doesnt know, a box of plain ol .223 cost over $30 for 100rds.. imagine the cost of that at 50,000rds?

I've had very good luck with the Russian-made steel casing rounds in .223.  Almost no FTF or FTE over several 1000-round boxes.  Some people don't like steel casings.... if you're trying to shoot it with a $500 gun then you get what you get.  Also, almost everything I own is fully-semi-automatic 😁

Edited by Adam Juncker
  • Haha 1

Tommy J.
3 hours ago, Adam Juncker said:

I've had very good luck with the Russian-made steel casing rounds in .223.  Almost no FTF or FTE over several 1000-round boxes.  Some people don't like steel casings.... if you're trying to shoot it with a $500 gun then you get what you get.  Also, almost everything I own is fully-semi-automatic 😁

With an extended high capacity super evil clipazine?

• Haha 1