Why is TNS easier than CCS for me?

Onerepman

I don't understand why, but for some reason I have more difficulty closing grippers doing CCS than doing a TNS. Could I be having difficulties due to the coordination needed to correctly perform a CCS? Picking up a gripper and closing it with one hand seems like less of a hassle. 

sets are very technical. They just take time to master. Don't give up though. Giving up will make you take longer to progress

• Like 2

I agree. But practicing with easy grippers to get over that “rush” to get it set before you miss is what would help that. If you know it’s going to take your all you tend to rush and get sloppy. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Onerepman said:

I don't understand why, but for some reason I have more difficulty closing grippers doing CCS than doing a TNS. Could I be having difficulties due to the coordination needed to correctly perform a CCS? Picking up a gripper and closing it with one hand seems like less of a hassle. 

Generally a TNS is always harder than a ccs, for starters your hand is not in it's sweet spot and you kind of have to hope that you can get it there with one hand, the handles have further to travel to the close. What gripper do you find easier to tns than ccs? How big are your hands?

• Like 1

I'm keen to know how big your hands are as well.

After years of CC setting my grippers (and just knowing I'm on or very close to the sweet spot for a close) I now find myself enjoying TNS a lot.  Ok' I'm only using light grippers - but after a few sets (handles don't always touch) it becomes a great challenge.  Having large hands is of course an advantage.

I've seen some nice strength increases when it comes to maximum CCS attempts - but I have to say I now prefer TNS more. 

• Like 1

My hands measure at 8" in length. So definitely not small hands haha. I've had an easier time repping a CoC No. 2 TNS than I do trying to get one rep CCS. 

2 hours ago, Onerepman said:

My hands measure at 8" in length. So definitely not small hands haha. I've had an easier time repping a CoC No. 2 TNS than I do trying to get one rep CCS. 

Your hand size is normal. You will not have an advantage in grip because of them and you will not have a disadvantage either.

39 minutes ago, Fist of Fury said:

Your hand size is normal. You will not have an advantage in grip because of them and you will not have a disadvantage either.

Apparently the average male hand size is 7.44 inches. I think that extra .56 makes a big difference.

• Like 1