King Kong Crusher Investigation Report

Andrew P

28 minutes ago, DAVE101 said:

You all are reading way too deep into this.

Joe, as far as I know, no one has actually made an accusation against you. No one said that you cheated. You have been excessively defensive, but it's not needed.

And who’s to say Joe didn’t store his Crusher in a bucket of chalk? You’re saying for a fact he didn’t cheat, but still make room to speculate for others. This report doesn’t tell us for a fact that the chalk wasn’t added on purpose or whatever. It only tells us the cause, not intent. 

It sounds like both chalk and rusting will seize the implement, but is only one of them frowned upon? Andrew had to literally pour it into the axle of an already seasoned crusher to get anything close to a similar effect.

When did I question the results? Don't make me out to be the common enemy here. I have no dog in this fight.

So at the end of the day, the Crusher used at the PA venue was objectively easier than every other crusher used. What does this mean for the competition?

Seriously?  Bro, you can't unring the bell. You obviously questioned the results, which is why everyone reacted.  Then you all but called Joe Cheaty McCheaterson when he stood up for himself. 

Did you compete in KK?  You still haven't answered my question on what place you got.  

@Joseph Sullivan and @Mike Rinderle, you may continue to think I'm some bad guy, sore loser, or a random non-competitor making baseless accusations to create drama.

Or you can take my comments for what they are, and not tease out "construed" or "implied" accusations. You told me to re-read my comments, they still look like genuine questions. Perhaps you should re-read them. Not a single person in this thread or a previous thread, including myself, has accused Joe of cheating. You are the ones creating a scene here.

-Yes, I asked if these findings mean anything for the competition. Arrest me. Judging from the number of likes Eric's response to my question got, I wasn't the only one wondering.

-Yes, I told Bader that Andrew's report does not prove no foul play. Excuse me for citing an example to help explain the difference between the cause and intent. 

I'll come right out and say it explicitly: I do not suspect anyone of manipulating the Crusher used at PA. But feel free to continue putting words in my mouth if you need to create a common enemy so you can say "I told you so." 

---

The previous thread was the first to publicly bring up the topics of integrity and transparency of running this contest. The tournament host, equipment supplier, and participants alike all came together to investigate, create solutions, and rectify the issue; then publicly shared the background and findings. If that isn't integrity, I don't know what is. This is a gigantic leap forward making gripsport more legitimate, and it was driven by people asking questions - the people that often get called "haters."

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, DAVE101 said:

@Joseph Sullivan and @Mike Rinderle, you may continue to think I'm some bad guy, sore loser, or a random non-competitor making baseless accusations to create drama.

Or you can take my comments for what they are, and not tease out "construed" or "implied" accusations. You told me to re-read my comments, they still look like genuine questions. Perhaps you should re-read them. Not a single person in this thread or a previous thread, including myself, has accused Joe of cheating. You are the ones creating a scene here.

-Yes, I asked if these findings mean anything for the competition. Arrest me. Judging from the number of likes Eric's response to my question got, I wasn't the only one wondering.

-Yes, I told Bader that Andrew's report does not prove no foul play. Excuse me for citing an example to help explain the difference between the cause and intent. 

I'll come right out and say it explicitly: I do not suspect anyone of manipulating the Crusher used at PA. But feel free to continue putting words in my mouth if you need to create a common enemy so you can say "I told you so." 

---

The previous thread was the first to publicly bring up the topics of integrity and transparency of running this contest. The tournament host, equipment supplier, and participants alike all came together to investigate, create solutions, and rectify the issue; then publicly shared the background and findings. If that isn't integrity, I don't know what is. This is a gigantic leap forward making gripsport more legitimate, and it was driven by people asking questions - the people that often get called "haters."

Thank you Don, for coming out and saying that you don’t suspect ianyone altered the crusher. I’m sure you can see by the way it was written that could be construed as saying that I could’ve possibly done that. I am kind of tired of my name being brought up though. I wish I never brought that crusher to King Kong knowing that it would cause this much controversy, considering so many have the same crusher and probably the same issue

Edited by Guest
Voice command messed up spelling

1 hour ago, DAVE101 said:

---

So you didn't even compete?  I'm no seamstress, but I'm noticing a common thread here.  Just sayin.  Whatever.  Moving on.

Edited by Mike Rinderle

Pretty crazy.

its comforting to know the powers at be are already on top of it.

@Joseph Sullivan    God bless ya dude. This mistake couldnt of happened to a nicer dude. I wouldn’t be surprised if it had happened to me though😂

• Like 1

Bro that crusher looks busted as (bad word filter) why is everyone tip toeing on eggshells.  Who gives a shit though lol there's what 7 or 8 people per STATE who even know what "grip sport" is.  The truth is this forum reminds me of why i dont do social media.  I come here every day looking to talk about training techniques workouts etc and all it is is people looking for validation, drama, and some dumb ass posts about brian Shaw.  Theres really not much good information being exchanged.  All the good posts and threads are from like 5 plus years ago.

52 minutes ago, Anyonecanhappen said:

Bro that crusher looks busted as (bad word filter) why is everyone tip toeing on eggshells.  Who gives a shit though lol there's what 7 or 8 people per STATE who even know what "grip sport" is.  The truth is this forum reminds me of why i dont do social media.  I come here every day looking to talk about training techniques workouts etc and all it is is people looking for validation, drama, and some dumb ass posts about brian Shaw.  Theres really not much good information being exchanged.  All the good posts and threads are from like 5 plus years ago.

“Looks”

my crusher looked like it was salvaged from a pirate wreck and it functioned fine. Shit happens.

Your attitude sucks ass. Besides Its a competition so the equipment must work for fair results to be had. Pretty sure thats common sense. But judging by your post, thats not what you use. 

You wanna talk training make a post and talk about it, do you need your hand held or something? 

• Like 3

9 hours ago, Anyonecanhappen said:

Have you had any experience at all with a crusher? I can tell you, that every one I’ve ever seen that’s actually being Used looks the same as mine. Your post speaks volumes about your mentality. You are pretty new here, no? Not a good way to start things off. If you don’t think Grip is for you, then move on to something else. To make a comment bashing others is very unbecoming. I don’t know who you are, nor do I care, but saying you come here for good things and to spread a post like you just did is kind of hypocritical, no?

And not for nothing my man, saying only 7 People in a state only knowing about grip sounds like you’re the one looking for validation if you put value on an activity because X amount of people know about it. Any sports or strength endeavor, if your an honest person, will admit its about validation. Just about any worthwhile thing people  do is for validation whether I’d be self or from others! So, your point is? 

Edited by Guest

9 hours ago, Anyonecanhappen said:

Ahhhh, another guy that didn't compete.  This is getting comical.  Are you guys all buddies?  Is this the mystery gang that was emailing Mike all weekend after the contest?

Since you asked for training advice:  My suggestion is that you go get a crusher and train with it until it looks like Joe's instead of piping off on topics you obviously don't understand.  It will be less embarrassing for you, and you might just get stronger.  

Edited by Mike Rinderle
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, Tommy J. said:

seems to me the path of least resistance in regards to varying implements is to eliminate multi venue comps completely. Compete same day same implements, same location. Dramatic step?.. not really. Any intentional step that aims at eliminating possible comp results drama is a good one.

Please tell me I misunderstand you. Are you saying the best thing to do is Cancel the contest? 

Edited by Andrew P