Jeremiah Ragan 245
Mike Amos 245
Zach Coulter 215
Eli Butcher 215
Scott Styles 215
Dean Coulter 0
  • Thanks 1

• 6 months later...

I updated the steel bending contest history book. The new book is in the very top post of this thread. The major additions are:

• 2020 Michigan Steel Bending and Breaking Contest
  • Steel Shredder #7
  • 2020 Don Larkin Contest
  • 2020 Zass Day
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Don, I was going though my stuff last month and came across a DVD someone made with footage from the MGC comp I went to in 2007 or 2008 where Don had the Steel bending event as a separate contest. Would you be interested in a copy of that if I can find the disc again?

- Aaron

• Like 1

1 hour ago, acorn said:

Don, I was going though my stuff last month and came across a DVD someone made with footage from the MGC comp I went to in 2007 or 2008 where Don had the Steel bending event as a separate contest. Would you be interested in a copy of that if I can find the disc again?

- Aaron

That would be great Aaron! Would love to see that. Thanks.

You see pic of you bending from Joe M in book?

4 hours ago, Donc101 said:

That would be great Aaron! Would love to see that. Thanks.

You see pic of you bending from Joe M in book?

No I must have missed that. I have really been out of the loop for the most part. Basically retired from competing now.

3 minutes ago, acorn said:

No I must have missed that. I have really been out of the loop for the most part. Basically retired from competing now.

Check out pages 189 and 203. You will like.

7 minutes ago, Donc101 said:

Check out pages 189 and 203. You will like.

Very cool. The pic on 189 is from my contest bend of a 6" x 5/16 FBBC Square. I've seen that one before and remember it being that bend. Consider it my best contest bend. The Pic on 203 brings back great memories of bending Don's 80d DO. Was ridiculously off center and a very tough Spike.

• Like 2

Great job with this Don! It would be cool if there was SEC style rankings for different steel bending categories. That way it would keep people motivated. Just wishful thinking.

• Like 2

• 8 months later...

I just updated the book again with new contests. The current version is saved in the top post above. let me know what you think. Thanks. 

• Like 2

Some year on another Jedd had Reverse bending at one of his contests - I did a 505# bar rated by Eric - I remember because it was by far the best bend I ever did.

• Like 2

On 6/23/2021 at 2:07 PM, climber511 said:

Some year on another Jedd had Reverse bending at one of his contests - I did a 505# bar rated by Eric - I remember because it was by far the best bend I ever did.

If you are referring to the comp where we were at The Edge Fitness in Towanda, the place that Slim came to, it was either 2007 or 2008.  We ran it there 2 years in a row.  Not sure if it was call Global Grip Challenge or United States Championship.

Was it the one where like 6 people bent at a time and we all stood in a circle?

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Jedd Johnson said:

If you are referring to the comp where we were at The Edge Fitness in Towanda, the place that Slim came to, it was either 2007 or 2008.  We ran it there 2 years in a row.  Not sure if it was call Global Grip Challenge or United States Championship.

Was it the one where like 6 people bent at a time and we all stood in a circle?

Looks like it was 2007 Global Grip Challenge. I saw a post about it but no event results. Do you have the bending results Jedd? If so, I will add in the book. Thanks.

16 hours ago, Donc101 said:

Looks like it was 2007 Global Grip Challenge. I saw a post about it but no event results. Do you have the bending results Jedd? If so, I will add in the book. Thanks.

Man, I really don't know. I would need to dig.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

About all I remember is that the steel was rated by Eric Milfeld and it was mostly (but not all) drill rod.  You gave me some of the left over steel - may still have a few pieces of it - not sure.  The piece I bent was drill rod for sure.  

• Like 1

• 10 months later...

I am finished with an updated version of the book. The link is in the top post of this thread. Enjoy!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1