Legends Registration and Athletes

Andrew P

Entry form for Legends can be found on the website or here. 

http://www.fatbastardbarbellco.com/LivingLegends2019.html

Event Details

https://www.gripboard.com/index.php?/topic/47645-living-legends-2019/&tab=comments#comment-718114

Registered Athletes

Reverse order of sign up at event to determine lifting order. Platinum* sponsored athletes will be placed before open registration.

Legends Class

Andrew Durniat*

Brandon Gerber*

Jake Sahlaney*  

Eric Roussin* 

Nathaniel Brous

Todd Coenen

Jedd Johnson

Thomas Larsen

Lucas Raymond

Tim Butler

Aaron Corcorran

Mike Rinderle

Jason Dingey

Joe Sullivan

Open Class (Expected Class, if your expected Weight class changes let me know.)

Andrew Dube (105 kg)

Anton Torrella (93 kg)

Tom Flesher (120 kg)

Gary Stuart (120 kg)

Steven Samaniego (120+ kg)

Individual Events.

Dave 101: Axle and Saxon Bar

Womens Class

Hilde Holtebu

Melissa Dingey

Living Legends 2019 Entry form only Napalm Special.pdf

Edited by Andrew P
  • Like 3

54 minutes ago, JHenze646 said:

Um... I think there is a mistake. You have @Andrew Dube in the wrong class.

Do you think my odds would be better in the women's class?

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

20 minutes ago, Andrew Dube said:

Not if Juliet goes lol

• Like 4
  • Haha 2

20 minutes ago, Andrew Dube said:

No. Have you met @Juliet?!? She might beat us both!

• Like 5

Juliet tied me on the jug at King Kong (72kg), and she's so good that I'm not even embarrassed; I'm just relieved she didn't beat me.  Then after the comp, she did more (74kg), and I had pulled something on my last attempt so I did not get a chance to try to match or one-up her -- but probably would not have.  She's damn close to my PR (76kg), and 30 pounds lighter than me.  It's hard to find a 145 pound MAN that can do what she does, other than NIgel, who is number 1 in his weight class; she might be 2.  Maybe next year just make her do the regular men's weight classes with us.

• Like 3

Andrew has the talent to be in the Legends class for sure.😎 

All joking and fun aside. The way I see it we have a group of athletes call them pro/elite/legends or whatever you want that don't care about weight classes and just want to compete against anyone and everyone. What I ultimately want the Legends class for, is a place for those guys to throw down and decide who has the best grip on that day without any restrictions on age, weight, ect. And by contrast the open class is not for less talented athletes. But for those that hold the philosophy that there should be classes and athletes should be separated in a logical manner to allow them to compete with their piers. 

That's why the Legends class is open to anyone who wants to give it a go. No by invitation, No pre-qualifier. The only reason I put "opening" weights on the events was to keep the day moving fast and to offset that they will get unlimited trips to the platform. 

Edited by Andrew P
  • Like 9

22 hours ago, Vinnie said:

Juliet tied me on the jug at King Kong (72kg), and she's so good that I'm not even embarrassed; I'm just relieved she didn't beat me.  Then after the comp, she did more (74kg), and I had pulled something on my last attempt so I did not get a chance to try to match or one-up her -- but probably would not have.  She's damn close to my PR (76kg), and 30 pounds lighter than me.  It's hard to find a 145 pound MAN that can do what she does, other than NIgel, who is number 1 in his weight class; she might be 2.  Maybe next year just make her do the regular men's weight classes with us.

Yea she's ridiculous at jug - Vinnies not kidding that we have to actively try and beat her while working out - I credit her with bringing my jug up like 15lbs from when I first tried it from fear of her whooping me in competition

• Like 4

On 10/31/2018 at 10:45 AM, Vinnie said:

Thanks for the props Vinnie, but I think I'll stick to the women's class. You're welcome to join me there though! 😉💛

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

7 hours ago, Anton.Torrella said:

Yea she's ridiculous at jug - Vinnies not kidding that we have to actively try and beat her while working out - I credit her with bringing my jug up like 15lbs from when I first tried it from fear of her whooping me in competition

Awww. Thanks Anton! That's what we seem to do, just keep pushing each other to PR's!!! I promise I'll make you work even harder next time! You inspire me!!!! ☀️

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

Bump:

Legends is 35 weeks away. Might sound like a long time but guys have been training for this sense 2016. 

Please get those entry form's in as soon as you know you can attend so we can all see who's coming. 

@JHenze646 💪

Edited by Andrew P
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Golden rule: Got to keep the sponsors happy. 

What that's not the Golden rule..........Silver Rule..no..........Bronze Rule......nope

Napalm rule: that's it.

• Like 2

Where on the board are the events, rules, date, etc. posted?

Added Legends Class Athletes. Todd Coenen and Jedd Johnson. 

@EricMilfeld  I have the details page still up on my sub forum. There I had more edit control as that doc has been constantly updated over the last year and a half.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Andrew P said:

Added Legends Class Athletes. Todd Coenen and Jedd Johnson. 

@EricMilfeld  I have the details page still up on my sub forum. There I had more edit control as that doc has been constantly updated over the last year and a half.

Thank you!

Welcoming  Josh Henze to the Legends class.

So are we going to have a litte mini contest within a contest? 

Josh vs Nate 

@anwnate @JHenze646

• Like 1

”mini” ... only if I make weight.  :)

still got another 20 to get down to 225.  Ugggh.

28 minutes ago, anwnate said:

You’ll make it. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Andrew P said:

Welcoming  Josh Henze to the Legends class.

So are we going to have a litte mini contest within a contest? 

Josh vs Nate 

@anwnate @JHenze646

I think Nate is definitely gonna win this.

1 hour ago, anwnate said:

Legends class has no weight restrictions....

30 minutes ago, Andrew Dube said:

Legends class has no weight restrictions....

It’s a personal effort between Josh and myself. He’s gaining and I’m losing.   Meeting at 225. 

48 minutes ago, JHenze646 said:

I think Nate is definitely gonna win this.

Hmmmm.   I’m less confident of late.

When and where is this comp?  It's not on the registration form!