A couple lifts from King Kong

Boulderbrew

Here are a few of my attempts at King Kong this year. I had a blast. Can’t wait for next year!

• Like 7

crazy strong son!!!

• Like 1

Crazy strong lifts Tanner 

• Like 1

You did awesome, I really enjoyed seeing everyone again and you never cease to amaze.  

• Like 1

You had another unbelievable performance this year and somehow seem to continue out due your inhuman feats.  

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, Stephen Ruby said:

You had another unbelievable performance this year and somehow seem to continue out due your inhuman feats.  

58 minutes ago, Stephen Ruby said:

Thanks, most things seemed to go my way this year. I was primed to do a bit better on the Crusher, but oh well 

11 hours ago, Adam Juncker said:

You did awesome, I really enjoyed seeing everyone again and you never cease to amaze.  

Thanks Adam! It was great to see you too. 

23 hours ago, Tommy J. said:

Oh hellyeah! 👊🏻😎

the lifts were awesome too!

Thanks dude! Hope for more here pretty soon 

20 hours ago, Lucasraymond said:

crazy strong son!!!

14 hours ago, Mike Rinderle said:

Awesome! 

13 hours ago, Chez said:

Crazy strong lifts Tanner 

Thanks guys. I felt pretty on. Not much room to go up for next year haha

1 hour ago, Anyonecanhappen said:

How many days a week do you train grip and do you focus on traditional strength training as well or just strictly prioritize grip training?

Someone should toss him in the well.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, anwnate said:

Someone should toss him in the well.

I’m game. I can’t say I’ll have all the right answers...but hey I’m only 175-180lbs, should be an easy toss 

1 hour ago, Anyonecanhappen said:

How many days a week do you train grip and do you focus on traditional strength training as well or just strictly prioritize grip training?

I do grip focused work about 3-4 times a week. I don’t lift weights at all. I still like to keep my rock climbing at a high level so I go to the climbing gym once or twice a week. Climbing frequency will taper off if I have a grip competition on the horizon 

Do you have any long term plans to ease off of climbing and then gain weight to do some higher level grip feats? That's sort of my decades long loose training idea. 

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Boulderbrew said:

I do grip focused work about 3-4 times a week. I don’t lift weights at all. I still like to keep my rock climbing at a high level so I go to the climbing gym once or twice a week. Climbing frequency will taper off if I have a grip competition on the horizon 

Wow that's interesting man i guess the climbing really conditioned your hands to higher volume? Grip wise I do one gripper day and one implement day.  Anything more than that and my strength definitely decreases .  Anyways very inspirational lifts man. 

Edited by Anyonecanhappen
  • Like 1

15 hours ago, Climber028 said:

Do you have any long term plans to ease off of climbing and then gain weight to do some higher level grip feats? That's sort of my decades long loose training idea. 

Nope.  My goal is to get stronger in grip while staying in reasonable rock climbing shape (V10/11) so that I can still take trips with my friends and be able to have fun on most climbs. For me these goals get hard if I’m above 190lbs

1 minute ago, Boulderbrew said:

Nope.  My goal is to get stronger in grip while staying in reasonable rock climbing shape (V10/11) so that I can still take trips with my friends and be able to have fun on most climbs. For me these goals get hard if I’m above 190lbs

Definitely, I only know one guy who climbs at a high level at 195 and he's an outlier. 

Just now, Climber028 said:

Definitely, I only know one guy who climbs at a high level at 195 and he's an outlier. 

Back in 2013 I took a year off climbing and just focused on weight lifting. I bulked up to 210 real quick. Eventually I decided to get back into climbing, but my ligaments were not ready for it. I was still able to climb V10, but after a month back in the gym, I fully ruptured my A2 pulley. Lesson learned. Fat boys need to stay off the wall 

• Sad 1

Pahaha ok ok Gil, you can stay on the wall

• Haha 2