The "Listmas Carol" - Gripmas Record Breaker Event

richcottrell

9 hours ago, richcottrell said:

Luke,

when you say ALL, did you really mean you plan on personally doing all 15 events you listed?

i am just trying to organize a list.

I will attempt your “Inch” Pinch with you if that is for sure on your list 

Yeah maybe 1 lift on each to get on the board

6 hours ago, Andrew P said:

I'm just going to have a booth set up with all my stuff and I can set it up as needed. I will say a heads up on what people are going for is nice. 

I will be testing the Andrew’s Axle and the Salahney Dumbells extensively once I arrive. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

14 hours ago, DAVE101 said:

Will we run an IronMind Axle Deadlift for the NAGS list outside of the standard 3 lift comp portion? I'd be down for that.

Yes - IM Axle - Euro Pinch and Grippers also.  These 3 items will be "After" the competition is over.  Every item can be done for the list without doing the 3 event comp.

Edited by climber511
  • Like 1

That's gonna be nice, especially if people run out of attempts and have some more in the tank

2 hours ago, climber511 said:

Yes - IM Axle - Euro Pinch and Grippers also.  These 3 items will be "After" the competition is over.  Every item can be done for the list without doing the 3 event comp.

For clarity, for people doing the Main three event competition, are they excluded from going after “extra” attempts on those items later in the day?  

Or would extra attempts later in the day Still count towards official records?

1 hour ago, richcottrell said:

For clarity, for people doing the Main three event competition, are they excluded from going after “extra” attempts on those items later in the day?  

Or would extra attempts later in the day Still count towards official records?

If I'm understanding it correctly, the actual competition will include the three main lifts. Additionally, there will be a non-competitive portion where any implement is fair game for setting a PR, WR, or just trying out. Additional lifts on axle, gripper 20mm, and 2-hand pinch will not count towards the competition (after the 4-attempt on each lift competition) but can be lifted after for a PR, trying out, or WR attempt.

Edited by Nigel Blackburn

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/30/2018 at 4:49 PM, Nigel Blackburn said:

Nigel Blackburn:

First and foremost:

IM axle **

2-hand pinch DL (euro) **

gripper blockset (20mm)**

For S&Gs:

1-hand pinch DL (blockbuster) **

2" Crusher **

Little Big Horn **

1-hand pinch DL (euro) **

MoonTop **

2.5" Jug **

I'd also like to mention that I can bring my 2.5" Jug and MoonTop if you guys would like. I have some pretty ridiculous "Florida" seasoning on both!!

Nigel - please bring both items!

UPDATE: Newly added items are in bold

The Last Gripmas Carol
Record Breaker Event Requests:

Tips Tester:
- Chris Rice
- Rich Cottrell

IM Apollon's Axle

- DAVE101

2 3/8” FBBC Axle:
- Chris Rice

- JHenze646

2” Crusher:
- Nigel Blackburn

-Vinnie Rivellese

GRIPPERS:
1)  FBBC Hard
- Chez

2)  FBBC Super Hard
- Chez

3)  30mm
- Chez

4) credit card
- Chez

5) MMS
- Chez

6) No Set
- Chez

- Vinnie Rivellese

Thin Key Pinch [1/4”]:
- Rich Cottrell

One Hand Pinch [Blockbuster]:
- Nigel Blackburn

One Hand Pinch [Euro]:
- Nigel Blackburn

Inch Pinch:
- Rich Cottrell
- Luke 

- Vinnie Rivellese

Little Big Horn:
- Nigel Blackburn
- Luke Raymond

2.5” Jug:
- Nigel Blackburn
- Chris Rice

Moon Top:
- Nigel Blackburn
- Chez
- Chris Rice (???)

Napalms Nightmare (2", 2 3/8", 2 7/8")

-Luke

One Handed Nightmare (2", 2 3/8", 2 7/8")

-Luke

Shallow Inch Pinch

-Luke

Double Inch Pinch

-Luke

Double Shallow Inch Pinch

-Luke

Thumb Blaster (this will be like adjustable thickbar event...choice from 3 sizes for preference but all under one record)

-Luke

Double Thumb Blaster

-Luke

3" and 4" Adjustable Pinch Block

-Luke

23 hours ago, climber511 said:

You got it! The weird looks I will get by the TSA will be completely worth it.

1 hour ago, Nigel Blackburn said:

You got it! The weird looks I will get by the TSA will be completely worth it.

LOL

Not sure how to update the list on here, I don't get on here much but here's what I'm thinking if this helps out. I'm Gary Stuart.

1. I want to focus on the comp first and foremost

2. Wouldn't mind certifying on bending a red nail if that's an option.

3. For the lists I want to do (if they're an option). TNS Gripper, Tips Tester (1 and 2 hand), Napalms Nightmare 2", Napalms Nightmare 2 3/8", Flask (1 and 2 hand). Lever Top

4. If anyone wants more lifts on a particular implement to make a list bigger I'll volunteer. I like doing a lot of different aspects of grip.

5. If left unsupervised Ill walk around and try everything lol

• Like 4

32 minutes ago, PITTisKING said:

Not sure how to update the list on here, I don't get on here much but here's what I'm thinking if this helps out. I'm Gary Stuart.

1. I want to focus on the comp first and foremost

2. Wouldn't mind certifying on bending a red nail if that's an option.

3. For the lists I want to do (if they're an option). TNS Gripper, Tips Tester (1 and 2 hand), Napalms Nightmare 2", Napalms Nightmare 2 3/8", Flask (1 and 2 hand). Lever Top

4. If anyone wants more lifts on a particular implement to make a list bigger I'll volunteer. I like doing a lot of different aspects of grip.

5. If left unsupervised Ill walk around and try everything lol

#2 on your list Gary.  IM Red Nail has to be set up through Randal at Iron Mind.  Go to their website and follow along the Red Nail cert rules.  They will Pick the referee and send him the Nail.  Then you can do the cert process at Gripmas.  Be sure to tell them you want to do it at the Gripmas Carol event - Randall should still have the list I sent him of who will be there that he might choose from - if not i will contact him again for you.  Certing at the contest would be great and add a lot to the atmosphere.   

#3 you can do things until you can't LOL

If you just want to bend a Red Nail if front of a bunch of grip guys - that's easy enough to do - just bring the nail and the wraps and go for it.  But actually certing would be awesome!

Edited by climber511
  • Like 2

On 11/17/2018 at 9:10 AM, climber511 said:

Nigel, I can bring the 2.5" Jug. But I lost my Moontop to Bader so you'll have to bring that one. :)

@PITTisKING head over the the FBBC Table I'll keep you busy. 

Edited by Andrew P

I'll one hand pinch anything that's there, but think I can beat the current 83kg blockbuster record, and want to get on the board with the flask. This includes whatever inch pinch variations, and thumb blaster.

Also want to do bull ring regular and extensor lifts, there's no 83kg numbers for that yet. I use the 5", if there isn't one already there, let me know. Also have 4".

I'll also do any rolling handles that are there, one and two hand.

Not great at grippers but want to try TNS and parallel set (never really messed with set blocks.)

Edit: ironmind hub also :)

Edited by wobbler
Imhub

8 hours ago, climber511 said:

If you just want to bend a Red Nail if front of a bunch of grip guys - that's easy enough to do

LOLOLOLOLOL yeah so easy (but I know how you meant it).

• Like 1

2 hours ago, wobbler said:

I'll one hand pinch anything that's there, but think I can beat the current 83kg blockbuster record, and want to get on the board with the flask. This includes whatever inch pinch variations, and thumb blaster.

Also want to do bull ring regular and extensor lifts, there's no 83kg numbers for that yet. I use the 5", if there isn't one already there, let me know. Also have 4".

I'll also do any rolling handles that are there, one and two hand.

Not great at grippers but want to try TNS and parallel set (never really messed with set blocks.)

Edit: ironmind hub also :)

Please bring your Bull Ring I don't have one

No problem, I'll bring 4" and 5" bullrings. They'll need a little attention with some chalk, I never had much luck getting any to stick.

12 hours ago, Andrew P said:

Nigel, I can bring the 2.5" Jug. But I lost my Moontop to Bader so you'll have to bring that one. :)

@PITTisKING head over the the FBBC Table I'll keep you busy. 

I'll swing by there lol

19 hours ago, climber511 said:

#2 on your list Gary.  IM Red Nail has to be set up through Randal at Iron Mind.  Go to their website and follow along the Red Nail cert rules.  They will Pick the referee and send him the Nail.  Then you can do the cert process at Gripmas.  Be sure to tell them you want to do it at the Gripmas Carol event - Randall should still have the list I sent him of who will be there that he might choose from - if not i will contact him again for you.  Certing at the contest would be great and add a lot to the atmosphere.   

#3 you can do things until you can't LOL

If you just want to bend a Red Nail if front of a bunch of grip guys - that's easy enough to do - just bring the nail and the wraps and go for it.  But actually certing would be awesome!

Yeah I'd like to actually certify. I'll contact him today. I've certified on some bastards. I never got around to the red nail though. My right shoulder isn't 100% so I got out of bending about a year ago, but I tried it cold Saturday and I could still get it so I figured this would be an awesome opportunity to certify on it.

• Like 4

I'd like to add IM hub and FBBC 2" V-bar to my list, please.

Just thinking out loud here, because I've got no idea the most efficient way to tackle this.

What about a silent auction format? I've got a top 10ish I really want to do, and a rough idea on weight for 3 planned attempts, 4th will have to see how it goes.

If everyone turned in that info, would it help organize things?

Keep it blind to other competitors or not, outside of the main contest test it's really all for fun.

I'll be 83kg and not much action there so I'm fine posting mine openly, but definitely understand if others want to keep things under wraps.

Would this help at all?

About half the things on the top 50 list I have never done before so I have no idea what my lifts will be.  If things go well and I am not completely exhausted - I may try everything there.

• Like 2