Integrity of Grip Contests

Kluv#0

17 minutes ago, Mike Rinderle said:

If I had a nickel for every iladvised post I've made over the years, I'd be doing ok.  Of course Tommy J would still be able to buy and sell me 100 X over.  HAHA  JK Tommy. 

Takes a big man to admit when they have made a mistake and ask for forgiveness.  I'm sure the people on this board will be gracious in accepting your apology.  Now let's all get gripping!!!

We all make mistakes, and when we admit it and ask forgiveness, only a sad person would not accept it. We all have foot in mouth disease every now and then, only difference is whether it’s posted for life, for the masses, on the inner web. 

Just received the new crusher from Andrew from FBBC in the mail today. Here I will demonstrate the drop test of the handle from both my 2016 crusher used in the Wyalusing PA  contest and the brand new crusher received in the mail today. As you can see, there is no change in function and they look identical aside from the seasoning on the handle as is what happens with all crushers over time . I hope this clears up all confusion. The crusher used in the contest is being shipped back to Fbbc.

7 hours ago, Vinnie said:

Well, sounds like you did use your best jug, it just happened to suck lol.  Anyway, hope to meet you at Gripmas.  Looking forward to it!

My only jug. Best indicates i have more than one. But yeah got your point.

3 hours ago, Lucasraymond said:

Jedd and I improved 5lbs on flask (we both just missed 7lb improvements), Rindo improved 7lbs. I inproved 20lbs on 2.5” crusher (which i couldnt loft the inch db consistently up until the past two months), and my 2.5” jug record is higher amount than my 2” vbar from last year. It is amazing what consistent training before a contest for 10-12 weeks does instead waiting til 5-6 weeks before the event. And fyi I made a 40lb improvement on the jug in the last 3 weeks. 

Other things people dont see is the jumps that people are taking; one weight feels light so you do a 10-15lb jump and just miss it; does that mean you are 15 lbs weaker or just that it wasnt your day at that weight. So many variables involved that could be the reason for improvement from one year to the next

Dude simply, people improve. Even at high levels. And one should know in comp or when others are around the excitement is a lot you might get even stronger. Hussain Rezazadeh didnt lift his 263.5 kg in training. Lasha didnt pull 220kg snatch in training. Doubt Eddie pulled 500kg deadlift in training too. Sometimes in comp. You use the excitement to get the world record or your PR.

Edit: its not Jedds first contest. Neither is the last. Jedd had WR on the two hand pinch too. Plus i am sure he welcomes anyone to train with him.

Edited by Alawadhi

7 hours ago, Joseph Sullivan said:

A jug is a jug..... of course of course. A crushers a crusher..... of course of course.... but most importantly... A HORSE IS A HORSE OF COURSE OF COURSE!!! Hahahah  🐎 

Exactly. We Arabs ride horses. And we have many races too. There is a big one here with the winner getting 10Mn dollars. So, will someone be stupid enough to use a weaker horse than his best?! It doesn't make since. The mind is a great gift from God.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Joseph Sullivan said:

I always forgive a man that asks. Apologies accepted!

12 hours ago, Kluv#0 said:

When you make a decision to submit something you also have to deal with whatever consequences may come. I was wrong to the organizers of KK- Eric R. and Andrew P. for my harsh statements- I apologize. I was wrong to Joe for involving his vid and my subsequent comments- I have had that done to me numerous times and it pisses me off, too- Iam sorry Joe. I was wrong to insinuate that something was not above board at the Penn. Location- Iam sorry to Jedd. I apologize for to the entire Gripboard it sucks - I screwed up- wish there were mulligans but I can say I was in the wrong. I have been on this board for over 2 years and seen countless contest results and I have always made an effort when seeing them to congratulate all athletes NEVER questioning results or lifts. Furthermore, anyone who posts vids of various grip feats, achievements on here- big or small I always give a shout out to them. Iam no saint but Iam no jealous hater.

I think this thread has now run its course.

• Like 1