Integrity of Grip Contests

Kluv#0

3 minutes ago, Mike Rinderle said:

One thing is certain.  That's the last multi-venue contest I ever do.  I definitely don't do grip for drama. This is all supposed to be for fun.  Anyone that would cheat to win a grip contest or even bump their numbers would have to be living a pretty sad life.  Lol.  Everyone's stuff is different.   Just lends itself to these kinds of problems.  

Mike, Don't let this get to you. Something goes down every year. And in a few days I'll post my findings and clear the air on this one. 

• Thanks 1

39 minutes ago, Kluv#0 said:

I was curious as improvements fromKK'17 to KK'18 were 38lbs, 32lbs, 30lb and 21lbs- The 2.5" crusher does not lend itself to that big of increases for established gripsters- heck, that would be great axle weight improvement. What concerned me was  weight in a title of a crusher video below was changed from Saturday to Sunday A.M. and another training vid was deleted which would have shown no way 200lb could have been lifted. Below is 2 vids within 5 days of each other- 193 crusher vid had title changed(Sunday A.M.) from 190lb-193lb when its 188 at most. The contest lift of at least 12 more than lift 5 days prior- no way in world he lifts 200lb like that as his training vds were not indicating that not even close.

I suppose my over 220 pound lift in the cross Canada comp @Eric Roussin venue was also fake too? And near miss of 227 on the 2 inch crusher? 😂😂😂😂

1 minute ago, Andrew P said:

Mike, Don't let this get to you. Something goes down every year. And in a few days I'll post my findings and clear the air on this one. 

Thanks for all you and Eric do Andrew 

1 hour ago, Kluv#0 said:

I know having multi-venue contest it is IMPOSSIBLE to have perfect comparisons and all implements of same consistency. However, when you are an organizer of huge grip event and you ACKNOWLEDGE massive irregularities and keenly AWARE of problem with handle of said implement you are responsible to -

A. Be forthright and let entire field of competitors know of situation- even though it not be malicious

B. Sure as heck cannot let those results be included in final results

C. Sure sheet cannot have those lifts included in NAGS top 100

D. Issue a stern warning to all promoters that playing dumb is not an option when it comes to INTEGRITY

If this makes me bad guy so be it. I would rather speak up instead of keep quiet

If you read my post I was NOT accusing anyone of malicious intent- rather an implement that may have been used that produced abnormal results. When I see 13 e-mails Sunday night from semi- buddies asking me about the crusher numbers it is apparent that the organizers could have diffused situation and addressed it and explain no ill-intent involved. As far as Joe, I was wrong to single his lifts out but seeing a vid deleted 163x6 on crusher(when I can do that) and a changed title I was rather interested to be sure. Never saying he was cheating rather using a different crusher than other locals- as it turned out he was using same crusher. No other venue had that big of improvements so it was eyebrow raising for not just organizers but many others and it should have been addressed with a brief statement- that's all. Integrity is about being forthright about situations, too

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Joseph Sullivan said:

I suppose my over 220 pound lift in the cross Canada comp @Eric Roussin venue was also fake too? And near miss of 227 on the 2 inch crusher? 😂😂😂😂

that was on a 2" crusher which I did 219lb on with near miss 226 in late May

By the way guys.... all my sledgehammers are fake too!! BUAHAHAHAHA 😂😂😂😂👍🏻👍🏻👍🏻 What a world we live in. This may be why there aren’t more people getting in to grip. Some folks have a lot of time on their hands to look for evidence that’s not even their. My head is still spinning here. I would have never used my GENUINE CRUSHER if I thought this wash woman affair would have occurred 

2 minutes ago, Kluv#0 said:

that was on a 2" crusher which I did 219lb on with near miss 226 in late May

Yes exactly... 220 for the 2 inch and 205 for the 2.5..... no mystery there. And who is even taking about what you do? Can you not do 200 on a 2.5? Because you can’t that means I can’t? 😂😂😂😂

Edited by Guest

6 minutes ago, Kluv#0 said:

If you read my post I was NOT accusing anyone of malicious intent- rather an implement that may have been used that produced abnormal results. When I see 13 e-mails Sunday night from semi- buddies asking me about the crusher numbers it is apparent that the organizers could have diffused situation and addressed it and explain no ill-intent involved. As far as Joe, I was wrong to single his lifts out but seeing a vid deleted 163x6 on crusher(when I can do that) and a changed title I was rather interested to be sure. Never saying he was cheating rather using a different crusher than other locals- as it turned out he was using same crusher. No other venue had that big of improvements so it was eyebrow raising for not just organizers but many others and it should have been addressed with a brief statement- that's all. Integrity is about being forthright about situations, too

The video was a DOUBLE 

Edited by Guest

2 minutes ago, Andrew P said:

Eric's original post is excellent and so is this sentiment.

I strongly urge Gripsters who feel like they have a vested interest in this to reserve judgment.  Stop posting.

The back-and-forth in this thread is premature and, most likely, completely unnecessary.    

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, Joseph Sullivan said:

Yes exactly... 220 for the 2 inch and 205 for the 2.5..... no mystery there. And who is even taking about what you do? Can you not do 200 on a 2.5? Because you can’t that means I can’t? 😂😂😂😂

No pointing out that just because you lifted 220 on 2" crusher means nothing on 2.5" crusher

3 minutes ago, Kluv#0 said:

No pointing out that just because you lifted 220 on 2" crusher means nothing on 2.5" crusher

Well, like I said, any day of the week, I am ready to perform or out perform what I did 10/27/18.... no matter who’s crusher it is. And I train all sizes, so the 15-20 pound difference sounds right

Edited by Guest

12 minutes ago, Kluv#0 said:

No other venue had that big of improvements so it was eyebrow raising for not just organizers but many others and it should have been addressed with a brief statement- that's all. Integrity is about being forthright about situations, too

I can agree with this. It was just difficult to figure out exactly what to say, how to say it, and when to say it. We were also in the middle of doing a lot of number crunching and quality checking (in addition to various other family commitments we had -- I was at the hockey arena twice on Sunday). Maybe Andrew and I should have issued a statement earlier, but we did not. But I'm happy the air is being cleared now.

• Like 4

12 minutes ago, Kluv#0 said:

I'd assume most venues used the same handle they did the year prior as well.

How many grip contests has Jedd held over the years?  50?  Probably more than anyone ever.  I don't need to wait for the results of the "investigation".

• Like 1

Here is one thing for sure as a bystander in the bleachers reading for rule violations. ;)

I can't see any way to possibly hold a contest like this held at multiple locations on the same day to not suffer to some extent (however how small) as no two items can be made absolutely identical. 

• Like 6

Maybe our numbers were higher this year because we were one of the few venues using a pre-2016 model last year and our handle was harder than everyone else's.  I propose a 10% bump on KK '17 numbers just to make it fair. 

Also, Jedd touched me inappropriately at the contest.  I have no proof, but everyone sees the way he looks at me.  I deserve to be believed.  #metoo!

Edited by Mike Rinderle
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2

5 minutes ago, Wannagrip said:

Here is one thing for sure as a bystander in the bleachers reading for rule violations. ;)

I can't see any way to possibly hold a contest like this held at multiple locations on the same day to not suffer to some extent (however how small) as no two items can be made absolutely identical. 

This is extremely true. All my stuff is as slick as snot so I expected to PR at KK

Furthermore, that training video is of me doing 194 to full lockout.... why in the world wouldn’t I be able to pull the number I pulled at the comp to a measly 6 inches @Kluv#0???

The Krispy Kreme Judge says....

GOOD!

Diet starts tomorrow. 

20181030_164441.jpg

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Kluv#0 said:

I was curious as improvements fromKK'17 to KK'18 were 38lbs, 32lbs, 30lb and 21lbs- The 2.5" crusher does not lend itself to that big of increases for established gripsters- heck, that would be great axle weight improvement. What concerned me was  weight in a title of a crusher video below was changed from Saturday to Sunday A.M. and another training vid was deleted which would have shown no way 200lb could have been lifted. Below is 2 vids within 5 days of each other- 193 crusher vid had title changed(Sunday A.M.) from 190lb-193lb when its 188 at most. The contest lift of at least 12 more than lift 5 days prior- no way in world he lifts 200lb like that as his training vds were not indicating that not even close.

How is 3 45s, a 35 and a 10, plus the crusher and the pin only “at most 188” ?? It’s 180 plates, plus crusher, plus pin.... do the math. More than 188.

5 minutes ago, Joseph Sullivan said:

How is 3 45s, a 35 and a 10, plus the crusher and the pin only “at most 188” ?? It’s 180 plates, plus crusher, plus pin.... do the math. More than 188.

My crusher with a black diamond clip on a rogue pin is 13# 11oz.  193 fits.