Konstantins Konstantinovs dead at age 40

Mike Rinderle

R.I.P. to one of the greatest powerlifters of all time.  His beltless dl record may never be broken.  Sad day.

• Like 1

I read he was stabbed in a street fight.  Does anyone have further details?

1 hour ago, EricMilfeld said:

I read he was stabbed in a street fight.  Does anyone have further details?

Same rumour I heard. 

I can't handle him and Poliquin dying the same year, can't we get them back and take out a dozen pop stars in exchange

• Like 2

From BarBend

There’s a lot of speculation online that Konstantinovs, who also worked as a professional bodyguard, died in a street fight, but Shamayeva could find nothing confirming this in Russian media.

Also, I forgot Belkin beat his no belt record.  Still a beast.

1 hour ago, Mike Rinderle said:

From BarBend

There’s a lot of speculation online that Konstantinovs, who also worked as a professional bodyguard, died in a street fight, but Shamayeva could find nothing confirming this in Russian media.

Also, I forgot Belkin beat his no belt record.  Still a beast.

I’ll be honest, I though it was the juice as soon as I heard and then saw the street thing on the Internet.

There seem to be alot of rumors circulating right now. I heard he died in a sauna. Either way, it’s a tragic loss. The dude was a pure beast!

Wasn't he a bodyguard?  At work perhaps?

19 minutes ago, Tommy J. said:

Dang man thats harsh.. i mean i respect that you said it out loud i guess. And i know your stance on PEDs and all.

...but arent you a Larry Wheels fan? Cuz that dude definitely aint natty.

Wasn’t trying to be harsh. It’s horrible when anyone passes at a young age.  I agree that there is tons of speculation. I’m sure many people thought it was PEDs as soon as they found out he died at such a young age. Just pointing out the culture we live in and speculation that went through people’s minds.

I like watching all these guys lift, but I still don’t agree with the use of PEDs. I just like to see heavy stuff lifted. Larry is very open about his drug use. He even has a video talking about it 

Edited by Chez

I doubt it was the PEDs, since Konstantin was a very, very knowledgeable guy and was a perfectionist in regards to his health (frequent blood donor, very strict nutrition, plasma cleansing etc.). He worked as a high class bodyguard, for a controversial person, as far as I remember. Whatever happened, he was an inspiration to many and may he rest in peace!

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Tommy J. said:

The truth is... everbody else does also. While so many are seemingly against it, the same ones prefer to watch the athletes that are on them. It may be a “i cant look away” factor. But either way, people WANT to see superhuman performances more than they want to see non superhuman ones. And unfortunately thats the driving factor in athletes taking them. They know you will watch and revere everything they do while they are on them.

its sort of on par with people going to watch nascar.. the vast majority in the stands want to see a 200mph crash, not a race. They just wont say it out loud.

I don’t want to side track the thread but just because I watch doesn’t mean I agree with or would do it. I watch UFC all the time but I would never do it. I just like watching two idiots bash their faces in 😜

54 minutes ago, Tommy J. said:

The truth is... everbody else does also. While so many are seemingly against it, the same ones prefer to watch the athletes that are on them. It may be a “i cant look away” factor. But either way, people WANT to see superhuman performances more than they want to see non superhuman ones. And unfortunately thats the driving factor in athletes taking them. They know you will watch and revere everything they do while they are on them.

its sort of on par with people going to watch nascar.. the vast majority in the stands want to see a 200mph crash, not a race. They just wont say it out loud.

I remember talking about this to Louie Simmons - his reply was simple - just don't lie - and don't lift in clean competitions unless you are clean.  The fact that it's illegal here in the states makes that more difficult or impossible to do does change the game though.  Some (maybe a lot) of what we all have come to think of as "normal" in the strength world (especially Strongman) is anything but for clean athletes.  The Grip world I think is still "mostly" clean but I have no doubt there are some people on something besides protein powder.  And honestly I don't care - I'm in this for me - every time I set a PR I win the bigger contest.

• Like 2

I don't have an issue with people ingesting/injecting any substance they so choose.  As Chris mentioned in his Louie Simmons reference, just don't lie about it, but more importantly, don't compete as a natural if you're not.  It's a form of thievery.  Only a small person would do it. I see guys routinely busted for it in the USAPL, some of whom have been my competition, and it makes me... quite unhappy.

By the way, just to disagree with Tommy 😆 I'd rather watch "clean" guys compete with lighter weight, simply because I can personally relate to what they're doing and what it took to accomplish.  It's just more relatable for me, personally. But the most frustrating part is never knowing for certain who is using and who isn't, other than yourself.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, EricMilfeld said:

I don't have an issue with people ingesting/injecting any substance they so choose.  As Chris mentioned in his Louie Simmons reference, just don't lie about it, but more importantly, don't compete as a natural if you're not.  It's a form of thievery.  Only a small person would do it. I see guys routinely busted for it in the USAPL, some of whom have been my competition, and it makes me... quite unhappy.

By the way, just to disagree with Tommy 😆 I'd rather watch "clean" guys compete with lighter weight, simply because I can personally relate to what they're doing and what it took to accomplish.  It's just more relatable for me, personally. But the most frustrating part is never knowing for certain who is using and who isn't, other than yourself.

Agree 100% eric. If they want to compete, they should be in a separate juiced division 

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, EricMilfeld said:

I would never juice.  I just use pine tar for grip contests.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, Mike Rinderle said:

I would never juice.  I just use pine tar for grip contests.

That has to taste nasty!

• Haha 3

16 minutes ago, EricMilfeld said:

That has to taste nasty!

Naw.  You inject it in your booty

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Mike Rinderle said:

Naw.  You inject it in your booty

Ohhh... like I do with my synthol.

26 minutes ago, EricMilfeld said:

Ohhh... like I do with my synthol.

BINGO!

I found a great substitute for Synthol.  I just use 30 weight motor oil.  Much cheaper.

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Mike Rinderle said:

BINGO!

I found a great substitute for Synthol.  I just use 30 weight motor oil.  Much cheaper.

• Haha 2

32 minutes ago, Tommy J. said:

Im actually quite tempted to go on them at some point in the future. And keep a strict detailed log (with vids of injections and everything) of my gains before and after right here on the board if mods will allow it. My insurance through work will actually cover testosterone at no cost. So it would be legal use obviously.

i have a handful of other grip goals and comp lifts im going to attain natty first. I think after that all bets are off.

quick question though for everyone..

in the event this goes down, and i still get out performed in comps, are we to assume everyone who beats me is on them also?... 

😮

There is guy who already did it. There’s a YouTube vid where a guy went on roids and documented the results (strength and health) like supersize me. He was monitored by a doctor  

2 minutes ago, Tommy J. said:

Never implied it hasnt been done, but thanks?

there has been zero to do it as it pertains strictly to grip training. At least not out in the open.

If you do it, I’ll watch 😜

2 minutes ago, Tommy J. said:

Larry Wheels and others get praised for their honesty on the subject, but im betting it wont go the same for me.

I think people appreciate their honesty more than someone using and saying they are natural or avoiding answering at all. That’s more what it’s about 

Edited by Chez
  • Like 1