Southwest Region GripSport Championships

acorn

Amazing trophies.  I am coming next year, so you are just gonna have to do it again.

(LOL, hope it goes great today guys)

• Like 1

I will get the scores up tonight.  Crazy awesome day yesterday.  

• Like 4

Classes

Womens Open

1) Leah Einecker @spaceparakeet

2) Michelle Harrison

3) Emily Reinard

Mens 83Kg

1) Michael Rogowski

2) Daniel Reinard

3) Steve Callahan

Mens 105Kg

1) Tanner Merkle

2) Adam Glass

3) Adam Juncker

Mens 105+ Kg

1) Aaron Corcorran

2) Martin Braun

3) Eric Milfeld

Overall

1) Tanner Merkle

2) Adam Glass

3) Aaron Corcorran

Grippers in pounds, Saxon and Inch Handle in Kilos

SW_Region_gripsport_champ_2019-overall.thumb.jpg.3e95690f12fe4d117a37ae7236b2cfc9.jpg

Edited by acorn
  • Like 3

Thanks for posting Aaron!!!  Definitely one of the toughest comps in a long time.  

Some nice numbers in every category of weight!  

• Like 1

Great results and congrats to all the gripsters!

• Like 1

Thanks to all the competitors that travelled in from out of state!!!  We had folks from at least three other states.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, JHenze646 said:

somebody please tell me you got video of Mr. Glass’s Saxon lift...

It's on the Facebooks right now.  

2 hours ago, bwwm said:

It's on the Facebooks right now.  

Oh I have not seen that one yet!

Here is one of me on the Inch handle. My 179.7# one I believe and Daniel caught on video. I got no pics or video other than the initial ones of the trophies, prize table and grippers laid out. Was running flat out and full speed all the way through the comp. 

Oh and that was a 5Kg PR on that handle for me!

Edited by acorn
  • Like 8

2 hours ago, JHenze646 said:

Congrats @Boulderbrew on another excellent performance.

somebody please tell me you got video of Mr. Glass’s Saxon lift...

Thanks! we all had so much fun 

• Like 3

Too many things to list. 

Tanner pulled over 200# on the loadable Inch. Which was crazy. Adam pulled a sick amount on the Saxon. PR's, Camaraderie, some bending, crazy feats. Tanner pinched 4x 10kg plate, 3x 25kg plates 2H, Lifted the impossible Blob like thing Rich MacLean made and left with me like 8 or 9yrs ago with the stipulation that whosoever shall lift it owns it. Nobody had been able to lift it. Tanner squeezing 270# on the Baseline after a full contest and hours of after feats. Not once, but twice on his right hand because we could not believe it! Then he followed that up with his left hand! Me hubbing the 75# york plate with hub bolted to it and drinking a glass of scotch while holding it. Pinching 6 and 7 5kg plates with bar through the middle one hand. Drinking more scotch than I have in ages and of course bringing out toy after toy and playing the bet you can't do this game. It was a day I won't soon forget.

- Aaron

• Like 10

7 minutes ago, acorn said:

Too many things to list. 

Tanner pulled over 200# on the loadable Inch. Which was crazy. Adam pulled a sick amount on the Saxon. PR's, Camaraderie, some bending, crazy feats. Tanner pinched 4x 10kg plate, 3x 25kg plates 2H, Lifted the impossible Blob like thing Rich MacLean made and left with me like 8 or 9yrs ago with the stipulation that whosoever shall lift it owns it. Nobody had been able to lift it. Tanner squeezing 270# on the Baseline after a full contest and hours of after feats. Not once, but twice on his right hand because we could not believe it! Then he followed that up with his left hand! Me hubbing the 75# york plate with hub bolted to it and drinking a glass of scotch while holding it. Pinching 6 and 7 5kg plates with bar through the middle one hand. Drinking more scotch than I have in ages and of course bringing out toy after toy and playing the bet you can't do this game. It was a day I won't soon forget.

- Aaron

We all had a blast. On the drive home we agreed this was one of the most fun things we have done in awhile. Can't wait to come back next year. I am gonna peg that baseline soon!

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, Boulderbrew said:

We all had a blast. On the drive home we agreed this was one of the most fun things we have done in awhile. Can't wait to come back next year. I am gonna peg that baseline soon!

:)

Oh yeah and sending Tanner home with my Baseline so he could test it fresh! 

• Like 4

I think when you announce the date of next year's I might buy my plane tix that same day -- I was so bummed to miss this but I am pretty sure next year will be doable.

• Like 2

This was me trying to eat ramen with chopsticks on Sunday. 

• Haha 4

Aaron, great job man. We had a blast. Such a great group of people at your event. Thank you for running it. The video of your thickbar lift is your final one. I've updated the video to public.

Many PR's were had that day. It was a very strong showing. Afterwards a ton of crazy feats were done. Tanner is a whole new level of strong. He was performing feat after feat, no matter the type. It was insane. Adam was doing the same. Loose wrap reversing a bastard on command, 2 3/8" axle lifts, and every other contraption at Aaron's place. 

This was a good motivation to get in shape again. It had been years for Emily and I. I shed nearly 20 lbs in the 3-4 months leading up to the comp. Emily did about the same. I think I was 45 lbs lighter than when I last competed, 180 vs 225 lbs. Needless to say the post comp burger was one of the best I had ever had.

P.S. The trophies are awesome. And they were so heavy that we couldn't check both of them in the bag due to putting the bag over 50 lbs. We were able to bring one through as carry one without any strange looks.

Adam's Final Saxon Lift 

Tanner's Final Thickbar lift

Adam's Final Thickbar lift

Edited by daniel reinard
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 1

7 hours ago, acorn said:

This was me trying to eat ramen with chopsticks on Sunday. 

I could barely stir paint this evening.  I had to switch to my left hand as my right hand was too sore.

• Haha 1

Great job everyone! Dam strong field  💪  really upset I got injured and had to miss  this 

Edited by Chez
  • Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

Values for Grippers and CTS Saxon bar entered on Gripsport.org now!

• Like 2