Just sayin'.

Thanks! Your trip is booked and confirmed

Important Next Steps:

1.png Review your flight's restrictions
2.png Make sure your travel dates are correct
3.png Make sure each traveler's name matches their photo ID
  • Like 7
  • Haha 1

Emily and I are planning to come out for the comp. It's a good time for us. As long as my work schedule doesn't change we plan to be there. Likely a few days early to spend some time down there.

Emily votes a 2" DB handle. I handed her a Chris Rice Inch trainer and it was a pinch bar for her.

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, daniel reinard said:

Emily and I are planning to come out for the comp. It's a good time for us. As long as my work schedule doesn't change we plan to be there. Likely a few days early to spend some time down there.

Emily votes a 2" DB handle. I handed her a Chris Rice Inch trainer and it was a pinch bar for her.

Whoooooooohooooooooooo!

• Like 1

Aaron, if you do shirts Emily and I will buy one each no matter what. We would also like to sponsor to help with costs, prizes or whatever you were thinking would help.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, daniel reinard said:

Aaron, if you do shirts Emily and I will buy one each no matter what. We would also like to sponsor to help with costs, prizes or whatever you were thinking would help.

I second this, would love to buy a few shirts!

• Like 1

6 hours ago, benjaminBoy said:

I second this, would love to buy a few shirts!

Same. I’d buy a shirt. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Cannon said:

Same. I’d buy a shirt. 

Ditto. 

• Like 1

I’ll buy a shirt as well and maybe one for Gail seeings as she’s always taking my past AZ shirts for herself at times. 

• Like 1

On 11/29/2018 at 8:01 PM, daniel reinard said:

That would be awesome to have you guys out again. Yep, current plan is to make a 2" DB handle for the ladies.

• Thanks 1

On 12/1/2018 at 11:19 PM, daniel reinard said:

Awesome, and thank you. Still early in the planning stages but I appreciate the sponsorship.

- Aaron

On 12/2/2018 at 7:19 AM, Shoggoth said:

I’ll buy a shirt as well and maybe one for Gail seeings as she’s always taking my past AZ shirts for herself at times. 

I owe you a shirt regardless for the last one you sent. Love the Alberta contest one. :)

- Aaron

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, acorn said:

I owe you a shirt regardless for the last one you sent. Love the Alberta contest one. :)

- Aaron

Sweet!

I do plan do offer shirts. I think likely we will sell them separate to keep the entry fee costs down since I expect there to be some fees in place for the GSI membership per person, etc. Separate also makes it where people can pick up multiple without issue. Nate has offered to work on a shirt design as well and I am super thankful for that.

Still working on idea for 4th event I want to do. Need to make some equipment for it though to test. If it works out will be a wrist exercise, either radial or ulnar deviation test (like sledges but not actual sledges). Single attempt, reps with tension increasing each rep. if it works out like I think it will, should be pretty cool.

More info as it comes. 

• Like 2

On 12/3/2018 at 9:46 AM, acorn said:

I do plan do offer shirts. I think likely we will sell them separate to keep the entry fee costs down since I expect there to be some fees in place for the GSI membership per person, etc. Separate also makes it where people can pick up multiple without issue. Nate has offered to work on a shirt design as well and I am super thankful for that.

Still working on idea for 4th event I want to do. Need to make some equipment for it though to test. If it works out will be a wrist exercise, either radial or ulnar deviation test (like sledges but not actual sledges). Single attempt, reps with tension increasing each rep. if it works out like I think it will, should be pretty cool.

More info as it comes. 

If that does end up being a wrist event will we be having to use one or both hands?  Also shirt hype!!!!:rock 

@acorn

I am making strides with my Saxon lifts.  This took some getting used to.  I surprised how different of a lift Saxon is compared to 2HP or Flask.  It's hard to explain, but I discovered I can actually get a better grip if I set-up while kneeling and then stand and lift with my grip already set.  Hovering over it, I just can't get into position.  I wanted to check a few things just to be sure:

1) The pinching width is exactly 2" and there is no other choice right?
2) What is the lift lockout or lift height requirement?   
3) Tilting obvious makes it easier.  Any amount of tilt you can physically muster is allowed, right?   
4) There is hardly any data for this in the NAGS lists.  What is a good lift?  (I know you're lifting like 289,000 pounds).  Right now I'm shooting for bodyweight.

Thanks!

9 minutes ago, Cannon said:

@acorn

I am making strides with my Saxon lifts.  This took some getting used to.  I surprised how different of a lift Saxon is compared to 2HP or Flask.  It's hard to explain, but I discovered I can actually get a better grip if I set-up while kneeling and then stand and lift with my grip already set.  Hovering over it, I just can't get into position.  I wanted to check a few things just to be sure:

3) Tilting obvious makes it easier.  Any amount of tilt you can physically muster is allowed, right?   
4) There is hardly any data for this in the NAGS lists.  What is a good lift?  (I know you're lifting like 289,000 pounds).  Right now I'm shooting for bodyweight.

Thanks!

Glad to hear you are making strides.

Yes 2" thickness by 5" tall. That is it. You can place your hands anywhere you want on the bar though in overhand position. I generally do Sumo with hands about 8-12" apart.

Full lockout with down signal

Tilting is allowed and only limited by your wrist and finger strength on this ev

Like you said not a ton of data. In general I think a bodyweight lift on it is pretty darn good. Same as the Euro.

- Aaron

• Thanks 1

12 hours ago, spaceparakeet said:

I'll be there!

Awesome! Welcome to the GripBoard!

• Thanks 1

56 minutes ago, Cannon said:

@acorn

Thanks!

Taking a crack at this.

1.  2"...no other choice.

2.  same as axle...lockout (sumo or conv)

3.  Any amount you can muster.

4.  Body weight is good.  I'm shooting for that in April...Body weight + in  September.

Wow!  This is really shaping up.  So glad to see people coming from all over again!  

I will buy at least one shirt, if not more.  As of now, no ladies are planning on joining me for the trek down to Tucson.  It will just be me.

• Like 1

I'd really like to be at this one. I'm trying to talk to the boss(wife) about this one. It's quite far from me here in Massachusetts. It would be a perfect time for me to cert the coc 3 with all the amazing people going to cheer me on. 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, NealB said:

I'd really like to be at this one. I'm trying to talk to the boss(wife) about this one. It's quite far from me here in Massachusetts. It would be a perfect time for me to cert the coc 3 with all the amazing people going to cheer me on. 

From the looks of the selling forum, you won’t have equipment left to train with 🤪

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, Cannon said:

From the looks of the selling forum, you won’t have equipment left to train with 🤪

Lol, I'm selling a bunch of stuff I never use to buy grippers from you lol 💪

• Haha 2

37 minutes ago, NealB said:

Lol, I'm selling a bunch of stuff I never use to buy grippers from you lol 💪

Oh, carry on. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

My family is tentatively planning a week-long road trip ending in Tuscon for this comp.  Still working out all the details.  

• Like 3