Steve Gardener
Arto Jaronen
Carl Myerscough

• Like 3

Jedd and Kody. 

Just now, Chez said:

Jedd and Kody. 

Yep, Agreed.

David Horne did easy 120 kg on the Euro less than a year ago, best lift I've seen in a long time:

Seems like he's at the around the same level or maybe even better than before when he set his WR in 2014.

I hope people who say the names will also say why. My pick for narrow pinch is Kody Burns. For the reasons below (for the big video skip to 5 minuntes and see how Kody plays with 2 25KG)

Edited by Alawadhi

Kody for doing those partial leg drag lifts with three bolted together 20 kilo plates. Totally insane.

Kody. End thread.

Edit: Just a little background for @Alawadhi, there might be people with bigger hands that are better at wide pinch, but in terms of generating force between the thumb and fingers, I have never seen anyone as strong as Kody, regardless of size. If someone with Brian Shaw size hands was as strong as Kody, they would 2HP 350lb+ and face lift the Gigantor Blob.

Edited by Squeezus
  • Like 2

For wider Pinch I pick Laine Snook and Brian Shaw. See the videos and you be the judge (My big blob is so hard that Jedd although he could have air under it couldn't fully lift it and Jedd could clean his blobzilla) and of course Brian Shaw toyed with a half of 145 pounds blob.

keep thread open, LMAO-best OVERALL PINCH was topic

7 minutes ago, Joseph Sullivan said:

Jedd and Cody for sure in my book. Hard to beat

No doubt!! Reason why I gave slight edge to Jedd is his blobzilla lifts, etc and double old school York 45's. Add Jedd's ability on the Flask- WR holder 118lb plus @ KK'17, his Euro abilities, Saxon bar, steel plate pinches with either hand and you have a overall pinch monster. Cant go wrong with Jedd but Kody and DH very close

41 minutes ago, Squeezus said:

Kody. End thread.

Edit: Just a little background for @Alawadhi, there might be people with bigger hands that are better at wide pinch, but in terms of generating force between the thumb and fingers, I have never seen anyone as strong as Kody, regardless of size. If someone with Brian Shaw size hands was as strong as Kody, they would 2HP 350lb+ and face lift the Gigantor Blob.

Hence my two posts. Narrow for Kody, he has the record just check the videos I posted. I don't say anything without proof. And for wide I also posted why my pick was Laine and Brian. I choose what people do, not the if's and but's. Kody for many seconds hold 2 25KG with one hand and yawning. And Laine lifting something so hard when Jedd a blobzilla cleaner couldn't lift it to lockout. And Brian Shaw, the Gigantor blob. No one came close to the feats mentioned, ever.

Edited by Alawadhi

15 minutes ago, Alawadhi said:

Hence my two posts. Narrow for Kody, he has the record just check the videos I posted. I don't say anything without proof. And for wide I also posted why my pick was Laine and Brian. I choose what people do, not the if's and but's. Kody for many seconds hold 2 25KG with one hand and yawning. And Laine lifting something so hard when Jedd a blobzilla cleaner couldn't lift it to lockout. And Brian Shaw, the Gigantor blob. No one came close to the feats mentioned, ever.

Title of thread is greatest OVERALL pinch of all-time - do you have a choice for best Overall? Overall pinch means a blend of narrow and wide.

I'll throw in Bob Sundin.  In his 50s and a list of very high level feats while not having huge hands.  No one with small hands is ever going to win this title based on narrow to quite wide - wide simply can't happen for them.  We're back to our super huge man thread except with hand size this time.  

• Like 7

5 minutes ago, Kluv#0 said:

Title of thread is greatest OVERALL pinch of all-time - do you have a choice for best Overall? Overall pinch means a blend of narrow and wide.

The two are totally different. That's why I had my pick. Why not add a dynamic pinch in there too? I had my say, that's my views with proof. Those same guys are best overall too, then again, this is what I see them. You have your views which you shared. Good for you.

28 minutes ago, Kluv#0 said:

No doubt!! Reason why I gave slight edge to Jedd is his blobzilla lifts, etc and double old school York 45's. Add Jedd's ability on the Flask- WR holder 118lb plus @ KK'17, his Euro abilities, Saxon bar, steel plate pinches with either hand and you have a overall pinch monster. Cant go wrong with Jedd but Kody and DH very close

Jedd has this way of overcoming adversity. I’ve seen him at contests where you though he was out or beat, and then come back and break a WR on his next attempt. Very amazing

4 minutes ago, Alawadhi said:

The two are totally different. That's why I had my pick. Why not add a dynamic pinch in there too? I had my say, that's my views with proof. Those same guys are best overall too, then again, this is what I see them. You have your views which you shared. Good for you.

I know you have been involved with grip for over a decade and wanted to know your overall choice