Best Crush of All Time?

Bill Piche

44 minutes ago, Balal said:

I can’t find the video for cancrusher’s inverted #4 close.  Does anyone have a link for it?

I`m find in my collection as Gabriele close GHP9 deepset only.

And TNS Elite 171 RGC. 

GHP 7(155) X 41 MMS REPS

GHP 8(178) 3 fingers close

Edited by Kashtan

2 hours ago, Hubgeezer said:

Flo, I met you at the 2005 AOBS. There was a fellow who we had seen a video of, by the name of Patrick. In his video, he closed a Number 3 with a no set faster than you said you could close a Trainer. I PM'd him. He was a little shy. Never certified on anything. I looked for the video for an hour yesterday. I couldn't find it.

Do you remember that? it was awesome. I remember at the time, you and I babbling about it and going ga-ga over it. Jedd Johnson said, in a puzzled tone: "Patrick? Who is Patrick? I never heard of him."

I remember Patrick Gansel. Don't know if anybody from the GB ever met him. 

Dave Morton is also a candidate for one of the best Deep set crush. He did 3 or 4 reps on a #4 if I remember correctly. 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Florian Kellersmann said:

I remember Patrick Gansel. Don't know if anybody from the GB ever met him. 

Dave Morton is also a candidate for one of the best Deep set crush. He did 3 or 4 reps on a #4 if I remember correctly. 

I remember the vid of Dave doing that. Was that one rated. Tim’s struse also did that with Araon C’s #4 and I’m confident that I can do it now with Aaron ‘s #4 since I just got 4 reps with a super elite that rates the same. Honestly might have had 5 reps in me that day. I did a couple singles and doubles before the 4 rep set

Edited by Chez

5 hours ago, Stephen Ruby said:

He removed all his videos and his youtube page which is a shame. He also only other person I know to close the ghp 9(actually morgan has too scratch that) and he did all these feats when he was a teen. He has some unreal potential for crush strength in particular. I think he just gored bored of grip. I hope he comes back to it though he is someone who has the genetics to certify on the coc 4. 

It’s a shame that’s he’s removed his videos and YouTube page but why would he do that?  Yeah I hope he comes back too because he has the potential to do even greater things in grip.

Edited by Balal

14 hours ago, Hopefully said:

Im interested in the reasoning behind naming Morgan as the best crusher instead of Holle, when he very clearly is the stronger of the two. Not as proven maybe though.

That's the thing though, you have to believe his home made videos so it requires a leap of faith. There is no questioning the MM8 achievement, it's a specific process with just that single posted gripper so no room for doubt or questions. 

In a sense it's more official, and I guess official achievements will always out do home made claims. But if you believe Nathan's videos and claims then it's him hands down as the strongest crush.

By the way has anyone heard from Vogt? Guy was crazy strong with so much potential.

9 minutes ago, kasparov said:

That's the thing though, you have to believe his home made videos so it requires a leap of faith. There is no questioning the MM8 achievement, it's a specific process with just that single posted gripper so no room for doubt or questions. 

In a sense it's more official, and I guess official achievements will always out do home made claims. But if you believe Nathan's videos and claims then it's him hands down as the strongest crush.

By the way has anyone heard from Vogt? Guy was crazy strong with so much potential.

I use to talk to Vogt. I don’t think he trains grippers seriously anymore. He got married and he was also a high level arm wrestler. I think he just moved on 

8 minutes ago, Chez said:

I use to talk to Vogt. I don’t think he trains grippers seriously anymore. He got married and he was also a high level arm wrestler. I think he just moved on 

Fair enough, thanks for that.

8 hours ago, Hubgeezer said:

Chris, I know you said you retired from competition. Do yourself a favor. Enter one of those "Fit Expo Armlifting Contests". Tell the emcee you are 70 years old. Every time you make an attempt, the place will go nuts. I predict "Wow! That guy is older than that Haugen Guy!" For about 20 minutes, you'll feel like a million bucks, a legend.

For 20 minutes, it will feel better than the compliment posted here. But here is where it counts.

Thank You Mike but 20 minutes of having people I don't know cheer simply because I didn't die is "not me".  On the other hand being put in the same thread as the Gripper guys on here is something I think I can find pride in - even if my close was choked.  I did close the part you do with one hand.  :)

Edited by climber511
  • Like 1

Sergey Dargan is training grip again it seems he posted one of the best coc 4 closes I have seen a few days ago and is certified on the 3.5

• Like 5

3 minutes ago, Stephen Ruby said:

Sergey Dargan is training grip again it seems he posted one of the best coc 4 closes I have seen a few days ago and is certified on the 3.5

Wow! Makes it looks so easy, I remember this guy TNS'ing a #3  13 or 14 times in a row.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, kasparov said:

This is starting to get silly guys. There's at least two witness (members on this board) who have seen Holle close a #4 with CCS and on top of that he's certified on the #4. What more proof do you need.

His videos are just as good as anyone else.

8 hours ago, Stephen Ruby said:

Thanks for posting. I was wondering if he had closed the #4. I think most if not all on the official list for the #3.5 should be able to close a #4.

10 hours ago, Tommy J. said:

Forgot to add Ben. Ben did some very impressive double TNS #3 closes. Thats a crush feat only a handful have ever done.

and did Rex do a double #3 tns also?..

I agree Ben needs to be mentioned.  He also took a #3, poured vegetable oil all over it, and then TNS'ed it.  That was amazing.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

23 hours ago, BeccaRoberts said:

Paul (savage) has done his 205lb #4 he bought from cannon power works with his left a few times. He's only a little bit less on the vulcan with his left but i would definitely put Paul near the top right hand especially credit card, he can do 3.5 credit card at any time and he did an rb one that's bit below #4 i think. Ive seen him do 14 reps with #3 inserting the card each time and his best on vulcan is i think 3 levels higher than others. I would put nathan as number 1 though, i have no idea how he closed #4 like that, i can barely move it hahaha

I would hope that i'd be one of the best for the females with 10 no set on #2 and three different #2.5 credit card set. I also closed Paul's hg400 a couple times and level 12 credit card on vulcan.

Well that goes without saying. We already know Paul has the strongest crush overall on the planet so its more a discussion of who the runner up is. 

• Haha 1

29 minutes ago, Mikael Siversson said:

Well that goes without saying. We already know Paul has the strongest crush overall on the planet so its more a discussion of who the runner up is. 

haha I dont see any need to mock but if that makes you feel better have at it

Obviously people don't rate me to actual strength due to lack of certifications and I get that / is ok. I'm happy enough to challenge myself and if any video posted motivates anyone thats a bonus. Will be going for the #4 cert again now and do #3.5 finally though if I dont end up getting up to it. Will maybe start tomorrow, grips still a bit shot from worlds though, damn wrist roller messed me up.

1 hour ago, Mikael Siversson said:

I agree with Paul, let's keep things positive.  

3 hours ago, Paul Savage said:

haha I dont see any need to mock but if that makes you feel better have at it

Obviously people don't rate me to actual strength due to lack of certifications and I get that / is ok. I'm happy enough to challenge myself and if any video posted motivates anyone thats a bonus. Will be going for the #4 cert again now and do #3.5 finally though if I dont end up getting up to it. Will maybe start tomorrow, grips still a bit shot from worlds though, damn wrist roller messed me up.

Paul, what you think about GHP cert? You easy can close GHP8 many reps! And even see on GHP9. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Kashtan said:

Paul, what you think about GHP cert? You easy can close GHP8 many reps! And even see on GHP9. 

Ive credit card closed the 8 maybe few reps can't remember but couldnt set the 9 to be able to do anything, got it to 1/4" with credit card I think, felt above #4 to me. Unless I do a lot set practice with Vulcan gripper I'm terrible with setting, never feel like I can use any muscle, think its that my forearms are too long to be optimal. I didn't like the feel of the ghp though, only tried them a few times that I can remember and have sold them now.

Only certifications I personally have ever cared about have been coc #4 and hg500 and never been able to do either so not done any. I probably should have done the 3.5 cert years back and been the first from UK but I am stubborn and pig headed with #4 goal. If I don't credit card close average #4 next training cycle I will cert the 3.5 though. All certifications are great though and now I offer coaching I hope to help many clients to certifications on coc #3 etc All these different kind of certifications, coc, ghp, mash monster, they are great goals to have and having goals pushes a person forward so I think they are great.

• Like 4

On 10/22/2018 at 4:21 PM, Stephen Ruby said:

He removed all his videos and his youtube page which is a shame. He also only other person I know to close the ghp 9(actually morgan has too scratch that) and he did all these feats when he was a teen. He has some unreal potential for crush strength in particular. I think he just gored bored of grip. I hope he comes back to it though he is someone who has the genetics to certify on the coc 4. 

He did all that stuff in a quick timeline, didn’t he? I always put that guy in the silverback category. 

6 hours ago, Kashtan said:

Don`t forget about Artur Yumaguzhin

Never heard of him.  But I recognize that tag! :happy  That seems like a strong crush.  :huh:

On 10/26/2018 at 6:08 PM, Kashtan said:

Don`t forget about Artur Yumaguzhin.

Wow thats awesome. Seems legit.

On 10/26/2018 at 6:56 PM, slazbob said:

He did all that stuff in a quick timeline, didn’t he? I always put that guy in the silverback category. 

Usually yes. Silverback, timmy, these guys are corny. But for some reason i believed his video.

On ‎10‎/‎27‎/‎2018 at 1:08 AM, Kashtan said:

Don`t forget about Artur Yumaguzhin.

Wow so strong, anyone that has felt a 4 knows how hard that is. So many #4 closers these days, some incredible genetics there!