Best Crush of All Time?

Bill Piche

23 minutes ago, Hopefully said:

Im interested in the reasoning behind naming Morgan as the best crusher instead of Holle, when he very clearly is the stronger of the two. Not as proven maybe though.

For me it's the smoke and mirrors and frankly the mystery with the dude.  My bias basically.  :)  

Probably because Morgan has probably documented his strength the most. Including training very often. I like that.

17 minutes ago, Kluv#0 said:

Wow, never knew Cannon had that crush strength- awesome at any weight but 66kg class is crazy good

Me either!  @Cannon the beast!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

21 hours ago, Kashtan said:

Top of rating GHP - no doubt. Width set. 

Holle (rank #1)

Tolstyh (have got great potential)

Smith

Vogt

etc

Out from this rating:

Narrow set - could be add to this list  Ioan "Bear" Puscasu (cert on CoC#3.5, 3 tries on cert CoC#4, deep set close CoC#4, 55 reps close from microset CoC3.5).

Also Paul Savage - he is out of ratings - but can close CoC#4 from width set.

Maybe - Chris James - close HG500 with narrow set, the only one except Nathan Holle. 

And sure separate nomination - Silver Bullet hold, - Ivan Pupchenko.

Not the case re HG500, i've closed it mash monster set with 10 clickers to finish (on video). I wouldn't usually be bothered you missing me out there but it took so many hard training sessions to get!! Things a brick.

As for strongest crush definitely Nathan Holle in terms of strong hand. I personally would consider off hands also in this but definitely Nathan has crazy power in right. By the technique he used in his #4 CCS video I would guess he doesn't usually use a credit card and actually could probably rep it with modified technique, his close strength is simply massive.

3 hours ago, Tommy J. said:

Right now i got Morgan as well. And he’s a super humble and friendly guy to boot! Was an honor to meet him.

honorable mentions for hall of fame crushers, active AND inactive-

in no particular order

Chez

Juha

PK

Aaron C.

Vogt

Valerie (spl?)

Struse

Holle

Martin A.

Mobster

Gabriel Sum

Durniat

Cancrusher

Ioan

Heath

Dave Morton

Tommy Heslep

Worlds Strongest Redneck (has closed #4)

Vano

Magnus

Cannon (best bw close)

Yori (lightest man to ever close a #3)

Chris Rice (closed a choked #4)- edit- and hes twice my age!

and maybe Paul Savage.. he aight on grippers too.

If i left out any #4 closers, i apologize. This was off the top of my head.

I never expected to be on a "gripper" strength list - Thank You!

• Like 2

Martin at his peak was a mm or so away from closing a 200+ #4 with his left hand with a MMS (closed it with his right; all on video). Not sure if any has matched his off hand crushing strength.

45 minutes ago, Mikael Siversson said:

Martin at his peak was a mm or so away from closing a 200+ #4 with his left hand with a MMS (closed it with his right; all on video). Not sure if any has matched his off hand crushing strength.

Paul (savage) has done his 205lb #4 he bought from cannon power works with his left a few times. He's only a little bit less on the vulcan with his left but i would definitely put Paul near the top right hand especially credit card, he can do 3.5 credit card at any time and he did an rb one that's bit below #4 i think. Ive seen him do 14 reps with #3 inserting the card each time and his best on vulcan is i think 3 levels higher than others. I would put nathan as number 1 though, i have no idea how he closed #4 like that, i can barely move it hahaha

I would hope that i'd be one of the best for the females with 10 no set on #2 and three different #2.5 credit card set. I also closed Paul's hg400 a couple times and level 12 credit card on vulcan.

1 hour ago, Mikael Siversson said:

Yeah I always think of him for balanced R/L strength.   And he had great #forearmfriday posts before it was a thing.  His pumped forearms looked like NFL linebacker calf slabs.  Unreal.

• Like 1

On ‎10‎/‎21‎/‎2018 at 10:01 AM, Chez said:

Morgan is my pick right now. Valery is also impressive as hell. My crush is the strongest it’s ever been right now and I’m gettig stronger all the time now that I’m finally healthy. I’m going for it because I feel I’m in my prime and I’m very motivated at the moment. My hat is off to Morgan and Valery. 

Paul Knight, Juha, Durniat, Tim Struse, Vano, Ioan, Martin, Vano aren’t currently active but we’re crazy strong at their peaks. Tons of respect to those guys as well

That Chez guy has a pretty good grip.  :flowers:

1 hour ago, jchapman said:

For me, it is anyone that is MM#3 or higher.  That's the big line of elite crushing strength.

Great point here.  MM3 or higher - awesomeness in general.

35 minutes ago, Cannon said:

That Chez guy has a pretty good grip.  :flowers:

Haha. Thanks Matt!

11 hours ago, kasparov said:

You're reps with the Coc 4 with 20mm block? Was really impressive too!😀

Thank you!

In fact, I wanted to take the first place in the Horn rating, making 3 repetitions (or more) from a 20 mm block on CoC№4. And kill 7 Holle 7 reps on MMS CoC4 - this feat motivational for me.

• Like 1

Joe Kinney is unmatched :rock

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Flo, I met you at the 2005 AOBS. There was a fellow who we had seen a video of, by the name of Patrick. In his video, he closed a Number 3 with a no set faster than you said you could close a Trainer. I PM'd him. He was a little shy. Never certified on anything. I looked for the video for an hour yesterday. I couldn't find it.

Do you remember that? it was awesome. I remember at the time, you and I babbling about it and going ga-ga over it. Jedd Johnson said, in a puzzled tone: "Patrick? Who is Patrick? I never heard of him."

Yeah, Kinney. His documentation worked for its time. And, unfortunately,  today, this Board is not supportive of him in any way shape or form. He still has his followers.

At the 2007 AOBS, Tommy Heslep pulverized an entire bag of raw potatoes. I may have a photo of the bits falling out of his hand on one of the potatoes. His final crush portion was off the charts. Not a good wide set fellow, but that last portion, he was simply unreal.

Tommy is the past. Kinney is the past. Patrick is the past, but was never recognized. It's fun to read this thread, but there is not really a "Jimi Hendrix" of Crushing Grip, someone that stands out without doubt over all others.

Edited by Hubgeezer

4 hours ago, climber511 said:

I never expected to be on a "gripper" strength list - Thank You!

Chris, I know you said you retired from competition. Do yourself a favor. Enter one of those "Fit Expo Armlifting Contests". Tell the emcee you are 70 years old. Every time you make an attempt, the place will go nuts. I predict "Wow! That guy is older than that Haugen Guy!" For about 20 minutes, you'll feel like a million bucks, a legend.

For 20 minutes, it will feel better than the compliment posted here. But here is where it counts.

• Like 1

Just now, Hubgeezer said:

Chris, I know you said you retired from competition. Do yourself a favor. Enter one of those "Fit Expo Armlifting Contests". Tell the emcee you are 70 years old. Every time you make an attempt, the place will go nuts. I predict "Wow! That guy is older than that Haugen Guy!" For about 20 minutes, you'll feel like a million bucks, a legend.

For 20 minutes, it will feel better than the compliment posted here. But here is where it counts.

Ha, do this but really ham it up, old man clothing, get a cane, limp up to the stage, just make everyone go crazy.

• Like 1

Just now, Climber028 said:

Ha, do this but really ham it up, old man clothing, get a cane, limp up to the stage, just make everyone go crazy.

Slim Farman did that a few years ago at some Coney Island show. Said he was brought there directly from an old age home. But Chris would not have to ham it up. Just BEING 70 is enough, and the gray hair helps.

39 minutes ago, Hubgeezer said:

Flo, I met you at the 2005 AOBS. There was a fellow who we had seen a video of, by the name of Patrick. In his video, he closed a Number 3 with a no set faster than you said you could close a Trainer. I PM'd him. He was a little shy. Never certified on anything. I looked for the video for an hour yesterday. I couldn't find it.

Do you remember that? it was awesome. I remember at the time, you and I babbling about it and going ga-ga over it. Jedd Johnson said, in a puzzled tone: "Patrick? Who is Patrick? I never heard of him." 

I think you mean Patrick Gansel.  He has some great videos, most of which were taken in his bathroom (good lighting).  I believe he closed a 4 in there. I'll see if I can find a video.

• Like 2

@Hubgeezer  This?  My browser at work stinks and the vid wouldn't load.  I hope it's just my browser. 

I found other posts where I linked to his #4 video, but the links are now broken.  Too bad. 

6 minutes ago, Hubgeezer said:

Matt, absolutely it was Gansel. That one I desribed was way out there.

All the content around the #3 no-set is still there and everyone is raving about how fast it was.  "Speedy Ganselos" and stuff like that.  Sounds like it was explosive.  

1 minute ago, Cannon said:

All the content around the #3 no-set is still there and everyone is raving about how fast it was.  "Speedy Ganselos" and stuff like that.  Sounds like it was explosive.  

Matt, right now, cannot get the video to work? It very well may have been a month or two before "Youtube" came online. 

I can’t find the video for cancrusher’s inverted #4 close.  Does anyone have a link for it?

40 minutes ago, Balal said:

I can’t find the video for cancrusher’s inverted #4 close.  Does anyone have a link for it?

He removed all his videos and his youtube page which is a shame. He also only other person I know to close the ghp 9(actually morgan has too scratch that) and he did all these feats when he was a teen. He has some unreal potential for crush strength in particular. I think he just gored bored of grip. I hope he comes back to it though he is someone who has the genetics to certify on the coc 4. 

Edited by Stephen Ruby
  • Like 1