Best Crush of All Time?

Bill Piche

I am nominating Sl-Ghi-Choi. He currently sits atop the MM ladder with the MM8.  Anyone watch his workout thread?  He also has sustained this highest level of crush for awhile unlike others (unless I am missing someone who can match him?)

Anyone have any others to bring up?

His latest workout video. 

• Like 4

Great topic! My favourite aspect of grip...It will be interesting to see what gripsters have to say.  

I saw a video of someone who shall remain nameless closing the 4 like a toy; If it's legit, then nothing comes close to this in crush grip before or since.

Besides that, then Holle's ccs close of a coc4 is definitely up there as the best crush grip strength I've seen.

Edited by Balal
  • Like 1

My top5 would be like this:

1.Nathan Holle
2.Ioan Puscasu
3.Juha Harju
4.Martin Arildsson
5.Sl-Ghi Choi

I base this on videos I've seen. Harju and Arildsson might not be near the best for CCS but they have closed the hardest rated grippers I know of, that's why I have them in the top of my list.

Valery Tolstyh will soon enter this list I'm sure, I think he can get to MM10, I think Chez and Morgan can as well.

• Like 1

Morgan, Holle, Knight,Tolstyh, Durniat, Chez, Gabriel Sum, Barch Jr.

Edited by Kluv#0
add
  • Like 1

I didn't pick Holle due to all the smoke and mirrors associated with him.  It seemed to me he was a ghost most of the time.

• Like 2

Morgan is my pick right now. Valery is also impressive as hell. My crush is the strongest it’s ever been right now and I’m gettig stronger all the time now that I’m finally healthy. I’m going for it because I feel I’m in my prime and I’m very motivated at the moment. My hat is off to Morgan and Valery. 

Paul Knight, Juha, Durniat, Tim Struse, Vano, Ioan, Martin, Vano aren’t currently active but we’re crazy strong at their peaks. Tons of respect to those guys as well

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Kashtan said:

Holy cow! Who was that!? And why does he look like he doesn’t even train at all.... yet rapes that gripper? Just goes to show you that grip is definitely a hidden strength, until revealed!!!

2 minutes ago, Joseph Sullivan said:

Holy cow! Who was that!? And why does he look like he doesn’t even train at all.... yet rapes that gripper? Just goes to show you that grip is definitely a hidden strength, until revealed!!!

It’s Valery. He’s climbing the mm ladder now. Just closed the MM5 and signed up for the MM6. He’ll close the MM8. Only thing slowing him down is shipping time to Russia 

Edited by Chez
  • Like 1

Top of rating GHP - no doubt. Width set. 

Holle (rank #1)

Tolstyh (have got great potential)

Smith

Vogt

etc

Out from this rating:

Narrow set - could be add to this list  Ioan "Bear" Puscasu (cert on CoC#3.5, 3 tries on cert CoC#4, deep set close CoC#4, 55 reps close from microset CoC3.5).

Also Paul Savage - he is out of ratings - but can close CoC#4 from width set.

Maybe - Chris James - close HG500 with narrow set, the only one except Nathan Holle. 

And sure separate nomination - Silver Bullet hold, - Ivan Pupchenko.

Edited by Kashtan
  • Like 1

Nathan Holle by a mile. Is it really debatable?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Fist of Fury said:

My top5 would be like this:

1.Nathan Holle
2.Ioan Puscasu
3.Juha Harju
4.Martin Arildsson
5.Sl-Ghi Choi

I base this on videos I've seen. Harju and Arildsson might not be near the best for CCS but they have closed the hardest rated grippers I know of, that's why I have them in the top of my list.

Valery Tolstyh will soon enter this list I'm sure, I think he can get to MM10, I think Chez and Morgan can as well.

What is the RGC rating of a MM10?

6 minutes ago, ChimpGrip said:

What is the RGC rating of a MM10?

It is unknown, that and the MM9 have never officially been attempted

3 hours ago, Joseph Sullivan said:

You actually said nearly the same thing last time you saw this video.  I think Valery trains a lot.  You don't have to look a certain way to be strong :)  

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Cannon said:

You actually said nearly the same thing last time you saw this video.  I think Valery trains a lot.  You don't have to look a certain way to be strong :)  

Hahahahaha did not know that was the same guy! 

For me its Nathan Holle because the ghp 9 cert is still the most impressive gripper feat I have seen if it was legit. Next would b Morgan as well since he is the king of the mash monster list, followed by andrew durniat who has the highest rated gripper close in competition. Following these I would have cancrusher who I believe is the only one to invert close a coc 4 and he also closed a ghp 9.  

• Like 1

Nathan Holle would be the strongest crush of all time.

-7 x reps Coc 4

-HG500 closed

- GHP 9 with Set block closes it easily, not to mention another video with him closing GHP 9 and BB GE, Coc4, and RB330 all with a ghp set block and all within a minute of each other

-Coc 4 CCS, no one else has done this, thus elevating him to No.1

-Claims of BB Pro and GHP 10 close from the man himself

Morgan is a beast for sure and can't wait to see what he has coming in the future.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Kashtan said:

Top of rating GHP - no doubt. Width set. 

Holle (rank #1)

Tolstyh (have got great potential)

Smith

Vogt

etc

Out from this rating:

Narrow set - could be add to this list  Ioan "Bear" Puscasu (cert on CoC#3.5, 3 tries on cert CoC#4, deep set close CoC#4, 55 reps close from microset CoC3.5).

Also Paul Savage - he is out of ratings - but can close CoC#4 from width set.

Maybe - Chris James - close HG500 with narrow set, the only one except Nathan Holle. 

And sure separate nomination - Silver Bullet hold, - Ivan Pupchenko.

You're reps with the Coc 4 with 20mm block? Was really impressive too!😀

• Like 2

I'd also like to throw @Cannon into the conversation. Lightest person to certify on the MM1 and has closed a gripper rated at 158 in the 66kg weight class--pretty ridiculous stuff. 

Paul Knight would have to be in there, as well.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Nigel Blackburn said:

I'd also like to throw @Cannon into the conversation. Lightest person to certify on the MM1 and has closed a gripper rated at 158 in the 66kg weight class--pretty ridiculous stuff. 

If you want to look at weight classes I would say that Tommy Heslep is the most impressive one. I believe he was under 90 kg when he closed the #4.

54 minutes ago, Tommy J. said:

Right now i got Morgan as well. And he’s a super humble and friendly guy to boot! Was an honor to meet him.

honorable mentions for hall of fame crushers, active AND inactive-

in no particular order

Chez

Juha

PK

Aaron C.

Vogt

Valerie (spl?)

Struse

Holle

Martin A.

Mobster

Gabriel Sum

Durniat

Cancrusher

Ioan

Heath

Dave Morton

Tommy Heslep

Worlds Strongest Redneck (has closed #4)

Vano

Magnus

Cannon (best bw close)

Yori (lightest man to ever close a #3)

Chris Rice (closed a choked #4)- edit- and hes twice my age!

and maybe Paul Savage.. he aight on grippers too.

If i left out any #4 closers, i apologize. This was off the top of my head.

Good list, there's a lot of more #4 closers. I would love to see a list of all people who has closed the COC#4. With video proof or credible witness.

1 minute ago, Hopefully said:

Im interested in the reasoning behind naming Morgan as the best crusher instead of Holle, when he very clearly is the stronger of the two. Not as proven maybe though.

He's certed on the #4 so I think it's proven.

3 hours ago, Nigel Blackburn said:

Wow, never knew Cannon had that crush strength- awesome at any weight but 66kg class is crazy good

• Thanks 1