Counterfeit IronMind Grippers - Beware!

Bill Piche

I have noticed an influx of single stamp grippers on ebay for cheap prices lately. I have wondered about their authenticity.

• 1 year later...
On 10/19/2018 at 1:55 PM, Wannagrip said:

There's in fact a bunch of chinese hand grippers sold in Russia and Ukraine under the brand's name "Torneo", which kinda resemble the captains of crush but lacking of the good quality of their american counterpart. You can get them for 500 rubles (more or less: 6.5 USD). I guess this was used as a counterfeit, being a couple of units sold at ebay and amazon. 

Like the Heavy Grips, they represent a cheap alternative to the Captains of Crush and other American/European/korean hand grippers, being the main problem their spring. Their spring (most of the times) has no gaps among the coils (as heavy grips usually do) giving them a good (and even perfect) aspect; BUT no few have been the stories of users closing these hand grippers a couple of times and getting the spring suddenly broken (let's say 70 or more times). If you are looking for quality this is obviously an unreliable alternative.

https://crossroad.com/en/shop/ehspander-kistevoy-torneo-55-kg-395400.html

https://nikasport.com.ua/espander-kistevoy-torneo-35-kg/

Kistevoj espander torneo 3.jpeg

Kistevoj espander torneo 2.jpeg

Edited by nimar1994
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, Cannon said:

I know where you can get the authentic stuff 😁

Ironmind dot com? Jk bro you have good service 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, king crusher said:

Ironmind dot com? Jk bro you have good service 

It's still a solid recommendation to be certain!  Go right to the source. 

19 hours ago, Cannon said:

It's still a solid recommendation to be certain!  Go right to the source. 

Go right to the source and pay out the nose for shipping that takes a week to arrive?

• Haha 1

33 minutes ago, jchapman said:

Go right to the source and pay out the nose for shipping that takes a week to arrive?

I will say IronMind does an excellent job of supporting their wholesalers.  If IronMind wanted to compete with their wholesalers, honestly they could just bury us.  There is no way we could beat their deals and still make any money.    

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Cannon said:

I will say IronMind does an excellent job of supporting their wholesalers.  If IronMind wanted to compete with their wholesalers, honestly they could just bury us.  There is no way we could beat their deals and still make any money.    

I always wondered about that. I'm sure a coc costs a few bucks tops to make so they could really undercut everyone. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, king crusher said:

I always wondered about that. I'm sure a coc costs a few bucks tops to make so they could really undercut everyone. 

That's true for every business that provides wholesale products. The benefit is that you have access to a larger market, so overall revenue is increased by not being the sole retailer. 

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, Climber028 said:

That's true for every business that provides wholesale products. The benefit is that you have access to a larger market, so overall revenue is increased by not being the sole retailer. 

Yeah that's true

• 4 years later...

Just found this thread after buying a fake COC gripper with a "P" stamped on the handle from Facebook Marketplace for $5.  I have all of the grippers I need to warm up with, do working sets and challenge myself with, but thought I was getting a good deal.