Rolling Thunder Log

Fist of Fury

Thursday 18/4/19

A few attempts on the dynamo with right hand.

Seated down with arm in 90 degree angle, no chalk: 103.5, 107, 112.9
Standing up freestyle with chalk: 114.4, 115.1, 112.3

Rolling Thunder (LH)
70.10 kg - 20 reps, dropped the 13th rep and didn't count that, so it was sort of 21 reps, this was max effort.
Note: Take at least two days more rest before next round.

Inch Trainer (RH)
43.85 kg - 20 reps (Vasaloppet nästa :sick:)

Then I did a few lifts with 140 mm pinch block.

Then...

Forearm Circuit
RB 60 mm RH Rev Wrist Curl: 10, 10, 10.
Sledge Supination: 6, 6, 6.
Fingerwalk: 1, 1, 1.
Sledge Pronation: 6, 6, 6.

Friday 19/4/19

Arms & Shoulder workout.

Saturday 20/4/19

Leg press
Trap Bar DL
T-Bar Row
Safety Squat
Lat Pull-Down

Sunday 21/4/19

One gripper attempt, tried to prime my CNS this way, didn't work.

Inch Trainer (RH)
44.80 kg - 20 reps, this worked better.

79.70 kg - 2 attempts that didn't leave the floor.
79.70 kg - 1 attempt from two 5 kg rubber plates, got some air.
79.70 kg - 1 attempt from two 20 kg rubber plates (on video)
79.70 kg - 1 attempt from one 20 kg rubber plate (on video)

Finished with 2 sets of 20 & 30 second holds with the Euro Pinch (42 mm)

Monday 22/4/19

Rolling Thunder (LH)
77.45 kg - 8 reps (rpe 9-9.5)

Sledge Rad/Uln Deviation Superset
4x8

RBA Dynamic Pinch
3x8

Sledge Rear lift
Full handle with RH, still can't quite do that with LH.

• Like 1

Thank you for the log.  Reading through this will really help me put together a training program.  It looks like you are making incredible progress. 

Tuesday 23/4/19

Had to clean up after a water leakage. About 20+ liters of water squeezed out of towels, this was no joke actually, took a long time and it was probably not the best thing for me to do.

Did some WD2 after that and tried to bend a bar. Not sure if I'm going to do bending or not, feel like I have to put a lot of energy in to it in order to progress. Doing it once a week is not enough for me, that would probably take 10 years before I can bend a significant bar that way. Really difficult to find bars here also, seems like everything I can find are either too easy or too hard. WD2 is a bit useless to be honest, don't feel any carry-over from it. I'm actually stronger with 6 mm than with 8 mm and bending HRS doesn't carry-over to CRS for me, it's just too easy to kink HRS. At least the bars I've tried.

Wednesday 24/4/19

Arm training, I think I'm going to design my own program from now. I will take everything I've learned from this program I've been doing. I will keep doing trisets but I will do my own variations and my own volume and tempo. I don't really like the exercises left in the program. Way too much hassle for me and it's distracting.

Tried to order an Inch Dumbbell from Germany, CNC made. Better than nothing (which is the other option I have).

Inch Trainer (RH)
45.60 kg - 20 reps, cardio is better now but my ring finger hates thick handled db's and wrist wrenches. Always painful when it gets harder and it has always been like that. I guess I have to grind for a few more years until it leaves the body.

RB 60 mm RH Rev Wrist Curl / Fingerwalk Superset
10, 10 / 1, 1.

Thursday 25/4/19

Some arm training with dumbbells.

Saturday 27/4/19

Inch Trainer (RH)
46.50 kg - 18 reps (cardio was the only thing that improved unfortunately. Fingers are too weak).

Rolling Thunder (LH)
88.00 kg - 1 rep, easily.
88.75 kg - 1 rep, not the best lock-out.

Trying to find the right training frequency for the RT. Tried four rest days this time, six days seems to be a little bit better but it's to early to tell for sure. Planning on getting a new handle to use only for testing, following the official rules.

Some lifts with 140 & 90 mm pinch blocks.

Monday 29/4/19

Arm training, dumbbell presses, incline smith press and one hard single with narrow grip bench press. Lat pull-down, neutral thumbless grip. One  minute deadhang neutral grip.

Tuesday 30/4/19

A few deadlifts as warmup.

Inch Trainer (RH)
47.60 kg - 8 reps, hand was dead.

Wednesday 1/5/19

Rolling Thunder (LH)
71.55 kg - 20 reps, definitely rpe 10 and last few reps were not that good. Happy I got 20 at least, didn't feel like that was possible at 10. Have only slept for 5-6 hours the last three nights and I also trained my grip too hard at the gym on Monday. So that is the reason for the bad results. Will take a week off now.

Forearm Circuit
Dumbbell Wrist Curl: 10, 10.
IMHH Pronation: 6, 6.
60 mm RH Rev Wrist Curl: 8, 8.
IMHH Supination: 6, 6.

Tuesday 7/5/19

Rolling Thunder (LH)
78.50 kg - 8 reps (rpe 7)

Right Hand

One attempt on #3.5, better than last time I tried.

Inch Trainer
48.70 kg - 8 reps (rpe 6-7)

RBA Dynamic Pinch
3x8 each hand

I must have chronic arthritis in my right ring finger or something. It always hurts for some reason. I wish I just had the will power to quit grip training cold turkey, the same way I quit smoking when I was 19. I just keep coming back and training even tho I don't enjoy it at all.

This will be the last post in this log. Got the new RT handle and could only pull around 75 kg on it. It feels very discouraging, I wanted at least 80 kg. I knew it was going to be harder but not that much harder. The weird thing is that the spin is not at all much more than on my old handle. They must have changed something in the design, it's soooooo much harder. Maybe the PVC is thicker? Handle feels a lot more sturdy and unforgiving for sure.

I don't have talent for thick bar, no reason to believe anything else. I feel that grippers is the only thing that I can actually make gains on for grip strength and I know that very high volume is the only way for me. I believe I have to do the same thing with thick bar and pinch if I want to make significant gains. I definitely do not plan on training grip seriously when I'm 50 years old. I'm not the type of person who is going to micro-load the loading-pins until I'm 50, I just don't have that type of patience in me.

I know I can keep progressing but I also know that I have to put in a massive amount of work and effort to do so, which I simply don't have. I hate to admit it but motivation is just extremely low right now for grip training. I just don't feel it's worth the effort, gains are too small.

I will probably train my grip sometimes when I feel like it just for fun but I will not actively try to get stronger. I will probably also try MM1 just because I can and only for fun, regardless if I think I will make it or not.

I thought I was a negative person but man, you have me beat. 

How the hell do you expect to make progress with that kind of attitude?