Rolling Thunder Log

Fist of Fury

Wednesday 6/3/19

Grippers (RH)
COC#2.5 128-130# - 25 sets of 3 reps, 1-3 min rest between each set.

RBA Dynamic Pinch
30 reps each hand

Thursday 7/3/19

Rolling Thunder
LH: 72.5 kg - 7 reps (rpe10)
RH: 33 kg - 10 reps

Grippers (RH)
GM 149# - 5 singles with 20 mm block, 1 min rest between each. Last missed with 1 mm.

Late workout at the gym.

triset for arms, glute ham raise, dumbbell rows, seated iso press and dumbbell clean & press.

Bicep triset consisted of two sets of cable concentration curls then dumbbell curl on incline bench. This one was the worst one so far. It literally feels like someone have punched a nail in my biceps. While doing them, it felt like my forearm was going to fall off my arm :D 

Friday 8/3/19

Warmup with rubber band extensions

Grippers
RB 70 - 2x10 TNS
AG 92# - 5x1 TNS
COC#2 102# - 3x1 TNS with RH & 5x1 TNS with LH

Right Hand
COC#2.5 128-130# - 25 sets of 3 reps. 1-3 min rest between sets. Skin cut wide open again :angry:
I might stay here at 150 for now and let it heal. Will see how it is tomorrow and the day after that.

Saturday 9/3/19

Grippers (RH)
FBBC 4X 158# - 3x1
GM 149# - 2x1

Sledge U/R Deviation Superset
3x15

RB 60 mm RH Rev Wrist Curl
3x20

1HP 140 mm wooden block
Up to 18.20 kg

Sunday 10/3/19

Decided to rest from grippers. I would have liked more reps with the #2.5 but I think it's better to let the skin recover more. I will spend the rest of the month working with harder grippers. Then I will go back to doing high reps again.

Rolling Thunder
40 kg 2x10

1H Wooden pinch blocks
70 mm
Up to 30.9 kg L&R

105 mm
Up to 25.9 kg with L, missed with R.

140 mm
16 kg 2x10 sec, L&R

Got some nice screw hooks in them now. Will keep using these for pinch and change the widths, keep the hands guessing all the time. Not trying to get better at pinch necessarily, just get stronger hands in general.

Monday 11/3/19

Almost no sleep and headache. I had to skip todays planned workout, will do it tomorrow instead. Got some wrist work in at least.

WD2
Lvl 6 - 1 rep LH
Lvl 9 - 1 rep LH
Lvl 6 - 5 reps LH & 3 reps RH

Reverse Bending
Grade 8 Bolt 204 kg in suede touching - to 0.2 degrees.

Worst possible day to try to do that but bones needs massage sometimes too.

Tuesday 12/3/19

Trisets for arms, lots of different presses, with barbell and dumbbells. Lat pull down and seated rows. Glute ham raises. Did quite a bit so I don't even remember all of it. Workout took about two hours. Also tried strict dumbbell curls and got 30 kg with RH.

Next workout I'm going to try a heavy single on the RT.

• Like 1

Wednesday 13/3/19

Grippers (RH)
Elite 174# - One attempt, BRICK!!!
GM 149#: 3, 2, 2.
Was going to do some speed reps with the #2 but CNS was not firing so I quit, no point going lighter.

Rolling Thunder
RH - Up to 73 kg and slipped out of my hand at lock-out. Didn't use chalk.
LH: Up to 83.80 kg, surprised I got it because 73 kg felt very heavy, not the most convincing lift but I will count it. Also left arm is hurting a lot from setting heavy grippers. Same thing as I had during KTA. Seems like I never get rid of this :angry2:

CNS was fried from yesterdays workout, should have rested one more day but I had to take the opportunity to train today because of other plans tomorrow.

Thursday 14/3/19'

Dexterity balls

1HP wooden blocks
70 mm
31.75 kg 2x1

105 mm
23.30 kg 2x5 sec

140 mm
16 kg 5x6 sec

Rubber band extensions

Dynamic Thumb Pinch
3x20

Stretching of hands and forearms

Friday 15/3/19

Back extensions, incline smith press, trisets for arms.

IMHH Sup/Pro Superset
2x20

RB 60 mm RH Rev Wrist Curl
2x20

Feels like arms are filled with lead, this biceps complex is the worst thing I've ever done, puke factor is immense.

Saturday 16/3/19

SilaRukov Dynamometer
Did a "clinical" test with each hand, no chalk, seated down with arms in 90 degree angle. Got 108 kg with RH and 86 kg with LH.

Sunday 17/3/19

Warmup with some single leg squats, long time since I did that. I had forgotten how difficult it is.

Reverse Bending
8 mm x 5.5" - 137 kg @6" in suede leather touching - 22.5 degrees.

WD2
Lvl 9 x 1 rep LH
Lvl 7 x 1 rep LH & 1 rep RH

Rolling Thunder
LH: 66.25 kg - 20 reps (rpe 6.5)
RH: 55.25 kg - 40 reps. This was hard, got some core and back workout from this as well. I think I could have done more if I didn't do squats and left hand before.

Gripper TNS (LH)
COC#2 102#: 5, 4. Didn't have any power because I didn't have time to rest more.

Monday 18/3/19

Got the pro climber chalk today and I just had to try it on the blockbuster. This block doesn't really like chalk so it's a good test object. Pulled 31.35 kg and 32.55 kg with RH, fatigued from yesterday and I haven't trained with this block for a long time. My all time best was a bit above 33 kg. Chalk sticks very good, definitely worth the extra cost, way better than the cheap stuff.

Wednesday 20/3/19

Grippers (RH)
A bunch of attempts on goal grippers, didn't close anything, was a hair away on one attempt. Bad day for right hand, good that I don't care.

1H Euro Pinch (42 mm)
Up to 33 kg with LH, missed with RH. Will do holds with this setup now when I don't have any competition plates anymore.

Rolling Thunder (LH)
73.85 kg - 8 reps (rpe 8-9)

Sledge Rad/Uln Deviation Superset
15, 10 & 5 reps with increasing difficulty

Friday 22/3/19

1H Euro Pinch (42 mm) (RH)
23.5 kg 3x15 seconds
28.5 kg 3x3 seconds
26.0 kg 3x8 seconds

Will try to get more pinch work in from now on. 

Sunday 24/3/19

Rolling Thunder
LH: 84.95 kg 1x1
LH: 86.05 kg 1x1
RH: 73.85 kg 1x1

Grippers (RH)
A few closes, some sort of micro triple with the FBBC 4X.

Monday 25/3/19

Only 5 hours of bad sleep. Triset for arms, some lat pull-downs then some dumbbell swings, felt like I was having a heart attack so I went home and took a nap.

Tuesday 26/3/19

Grippers (RH)
SM 161# - Closed
SM 161# - Closed with 20 mm block
SM 161# - Closed with 20 mm block
SM 161# - Failed set, almost closed
SM 161# - Failed to set it totally, big miss

My setting is just garbage, another good reason to quit gripper training.

Rolling Thunder
LH: 67.55 kg - 20 reps (rpe 5-6)
RH: 67.55 kg - 3x3

Dumbbell Row
Up to 71 kg 2x3, right side only.

Wednesday 27/3/19

Really great soreness on rear delt from dumbbell rows, which is great, never felt that without any pain in my joints before.

1H Euro Pinch
23.5 kg 2x20 seconds
30.5 kg - 1 rep LH and miss with RH
28.5 kg 3x10 seconds

1HP 140 mm Wooden Block
17.55 kg 3x8 seconds

Tried trisets for forearms, I will start doing different variations of this, same way as I do for biceps and triceps.

Thursday 28/3/19

Didn't feel motivated at all to train but went to the gym anyway and after about an hour I started to get in to it more and it turned out to be a pretty good workout after all. Started with arms, this training is almost killing me and I think I'm going to change some of the exercises for others. Doing 3 sets of high rep concentration curls in a row is not my thing, feels like it's only going to lead to inflammation to be honest.

Bicep Triset
Cable Curl: 23 kg: 8, 8, 7
Rev Cable Curl: 18 kg: 8, 8, 6
Dumbell Curl on Incline Bench: started with 12.5 kg ended with 8 kg and I couldn't even finish all 8 reps (bizarre stuff, whoever came up with this exercise: I hate you!)

Tricep Triset
Seated Cable Ext Wide Grip: 32 kg: 10, 10, 10.
Seated Cable Ext Narrow Grip: 32 kg: 6, 6, 6. I bit too light but the hardest part is to get into position for this exercise. I might skip it and do it standing instead.
Tricep Machine: Stack: 8, 6, 6.

Back Extensions
Stiff Leg Deadlifts
Military Press
Incline Dumbbell Press
Seated Cable Rows

2 hours total.

Saturday 30/3/19

Grippers
LH: 161# - one attempt, no close
RH: 174# - one attempt, no close
RH: 161# - one attempt, no close

Rolling Thunder
LH: 75.05 kg - 8 reps (rpe 8.5-9)
RH: 79.90 kg - 1x1

Reverse Bending
100 kg rated SS bar in suede leather touching, bent a little bit, off center.

Grippers (RH)
123# - 2x2 CCS
145# - 5x10 seconds

Goblet Squat
3x5

Wednesday 3/4/19

Rolling Thunder (LH)
87.50 kg - dropped at lock-out.

Some cleans with Inch trainer and some sledge levering.

Friday 5/4/19

A bunch of stuff at the gym, some narrow bench just for variation. Didn't go heavy but I feel that I have raised my potential in this lift without training it. I've only done OHP and incline presses for the last five months or so. Some lat pull-downs and dumbbell rows, also did some squats and back extensions, plus arms. I will change the triset for biceps to: Cable Curl with thick grip > Hammer Curl on Incline Bench > Zottman Curl. I did not like the original complex, it made my arms feel very bad. Triceps work so I will stick to it.

Decided to give steel bending a chance (more serious this time), so I will keep all my steel. DO is not going to happen, so I will focus on reverse to start with and possibly DU. Need to buy some lighter steel though since all the strength I built a year ago is gone. I can barely kink the Grade 5 bolt anymore. I hope it will be a little bit easier this time when I have quit grippers. I will also quit pinch training, I will only train it for hand health basically.

I hope to lift 200 lbs on the RT soon. When I do, this log will end.

Saturday 6/4/19

Rolling Thunder (LH)
68.70 kg - 20 reps (rpe 8)

Inch Trainer (RH)
66 kg - 2 attempts, halfway up.

with slight tilt - Up to 72 kg

Sunday 7/4/19

Some pinch holds, narrow and wide.

Forearm Circuit
Reverse Wrist Curl: 10, 10, 10.
Sledge Supination: 6, 6, 6.
Twist Yo Wrist: 8, 8, 8.
Sledge Pronation: 6, 6, 6.

Monday 8/4/19

Bicep Triset
Chest supported dumbbell curl, close grip: 20 kg: 10, 10, 10.
Chest supported dumbbell curl, wide off-set grip: 15 kg: 6, 6, 6.
Concentration curl: 10 kg: 8, 8, 8.

Tricep Triset
1H Seated French Press: 12.5 kg: 7, 7, 7.
2H Seated French Press: 15 kg: 10, 10, 10.
Rope Pull-down: 50 kg: 6, 6, 6.

Then some seated axle press at my home gym, three hard sets.

Inch Trainer
Up to 77.25 kg with right hand

Tuesday 9/4/19

Inch Trainer (RH)
40 kg - 20 reps :sick: Cardio, good as a warm up, not looking forward to increase the weight but I will do it of course.

Rolling Thunder (LH)
76.25 kg - 8 reps (rpe 7)

RBA Dynamic Pinch
5 sets

Thursday 11/4/19

Triset for arms, some power cleans and lat pull-downs. Arm training is humbling to say the least, never knew a 7 kg dumbbell could be so hard to curl :D

Friday 12/4/19

Inch Trainer (RH)
41 kg - 20 reps

Then three attempts at 78 kg. One of them pretty good, on video below. All the reps I'm doing is 100% strict with no tilt by the way.

Finished with some lifts on the Euro, right hand only. I will rest my left hand completely until at least Monday, then try a heavy single on the RT.

• Like 3

Monday 15/4/19

Rolling Thunder (LH)
88.70 kg - nope
85.80 kg - yup
87.55 kg (193 lb) - yup
87.55 kg (193 lb) - dropped at lock-out

Dumbbell Row
Up to 73 kg x 3 reps with RH & up to 61 kg x 3 reps with LH

Inch Trainer (RH)
42.85 kg - 20 reps, real finger killer.
Note: Never do heavy db rows before this.

Was going to do goblet squats but I was too tired. Will do them tomorrow at the gym instead. It's better air there anyways. I haven't cleaned my own gym in over a year. It's full of chalk and dust :laugh

Wednesday 17/4/19

Trisets for biceps and triceps. Tried heavy dumbell curls in strict form before I started. Got two singles with 30 kg with right arm, felt easier than last time I did it. Made one attempt at 32.5 kg but could not get it, so I did a controlled negative with it instead. Did two singles with 25 kg with left arm and one controlled negative with 27.5 kg. Very pleased with how 30 kg felt. Feels like all the reps and different excersises I'm doing is really paying off. For trisets I started with 22.5 kg and ended with 10 kg for biceps and for triceps I did 15 kg FP and ended with 52 kg with rope pull-down. Next week is a new variation. Looking forward to it, I did not enjoy this variation too much to be honest.

Did some back extensions, then Goblet squats 4x10 in the sun :sick: And one heavy set of incline dumbbell press.

• Like 1