IM Blockbuster
15.9 kg chalkless - 2x15

Wrist Wrench
33.65 kg 1x3 with hold on last rep.

Sledge Hammer Front & Rear DL
3 heavy sets.

IMHH Sup/Pro
3 sets, low-high intensity.

Notice that sledge hammers feels good for me now, which is strange because I have never really trained with them. I've decided to run CBT gripper program for my left hand. Grippers is about the only thing that doesn't bother my bicep so I will take the opportunity to train my left hand grippers now. Not what I planned when I started this log but my goal is still to improve on the Rolling Thunder and I might have to extend my training for a longer period than I first planned. Last time I trained my left hand consistently with grippers I made really big gains, if I can do half of those gains this time I'd be happy.

Sunday 23/12/18

Grippers
CBT W1D1 (LH)

Monday 24/12/18

Warmup with some shoulder press, lat pull-downs and tricep push-downs, then...

Rolling Thunder
LH - 46 kg 3x3 speed
RH - 46 kg - 45 reps
I was expecting my cardio vascular system to feel this but surprisingly it wasn't hard at all for me. So that was good news.

IM Blockbuster
18.2 kg 2x10

Bicep Curl
15 kg @ 2" - 3x8, last few reps was difficult with right hand because of the rolling thunder.

25/12/18

Grippers (RH)
SM 161# - one attempt, 2 mm off, no warmup and no chalk. I hope to close this gripper soon.

26/12/18

Grippers (LH)
CBT W1D2

Grippers (RH)
GM 149# - 5x1

Some extensor work with rubber bands.

• Like 1

27/12/18

Grippers (RH)
GM 149# - 1x1
COC#2 102# - 1x15
Zenith #2 - 4x20

Skin was starting to shed again so I had to switch to the Zenith. I will order the Zenith #3 now so I can work with that one instead, #2 is too easy.

Lat Pull-Down FGX
3 sets

3" Dumbbell DL
41 kg - 5 lifts

IMHH Sup/Pro
3 sets, medium to high intensity.

Sledge Hammer Front/Rear DL
3 sets, medium to high intensity.

Tricep Push-Down
3x15

2" Dumbbell Curl
LH: 15 kg: 8, 8, 7.
RH: 15 kg: 8, 8, 8.

Radial Deviation with Judo Belt
2 sets

Friday 28/12/18

Did some thick bar. I was probably weaker than I was before I started training grip four years ago, for no reason at all. Not sure why I even bother anymore. I'm going to do very high volume training after I'm done with CBT because it's the only way for me to get a stronger grip unfortunately.

Sunday 30/12/18

Grippers (LH)
CBT W2D1

Did negatives with 177# Elite, was only able to set it twice.

IMHH Sup/Pro
5x10

That was last workout this year. I hope to have better year in 2019. This year was mostly bad. However I did get some PR's so it's not a catastrophy. I feel that I did almost nothing as a planned though, which bugs me a little bit.

Monday 31/12/18

Tried some axle work, felt weak.

Wednesday 2/1/19

Grippers (LH)
CBT W2D2

2 mm from closing the 161# Tetting. I'm quite stoked about this, I think I can get this one fairly soon. It's bummer it's not stamped correctly though, next Tetting after this one is 174# :D

Grippers (RH)
GM 149# - 5x1

I have the strength in my right hand but my setting strength is really bad now so I didn't bother to try anymore singles. Need to start doing some set practice with the Vulcan again.

RBA Dynamic Pinch
3 sets

Lat Pull-Down FGX
3 sets

Tricep -Push-Down 2.0"
3 sets

EZ-Bar Reverse Curl
3 sets

My thick bar strength is really low now and this might be why:

1.Too much heavy gripper work.
2.Weight loss.
3.Decline in thumb strength.

And it can of course be a combination of all three. I do think it's #3 that is the culprit though since I have not trained pinch consistently in months now and I tried the Blockbuster a few days ago and I've lost several KG's on it.

Thursday 3/1/19

IM Blockbuster
29.5 kg 1x1
23.3 kg 1x20 sec

Square Rolling Handle
43.5 kg 1x10 sec

Grippers (RH)
Zenith #2 - 5x20
Light Set Practice with Vulcan gripper - 3 sets

Sledge Hammer 10#
Deadlifts - 1 set
Hold - 1 set
High intensity

Friday 4/1/19

Believe it or not but I got some rolling thunder training in today :laugh

Warmup with extensor bands

Grippers (RH)
SM 133# - single

Rolling Thunder
43.5 kg 3x3 speed
Right Hand
49.75 kg - 45 reps, insane pump in my back, good thing is that my cardio is very good now, seems like all the cycling I've done has payed off.

Grippers (RH)
COC#2 102# - 3x3 20 mm block set.
I will rest for a while and then try 5x15 with this gripper.

Saturday 5/1/19

RB 50 mm Pinch
Up to 28 kg

Sunday 6/1/19

Grippers (LH)
CBT W3D1

Still 2 mm off on the Tetting 161#. This was a really hard day, had to do a lot of cheat closes becuase I didn't have a lighter gripper to drop down to. Pinch workout really killed my lower arms, haven't done thin pinch in months, so that's probably why.

Monday 7/1/19

First day on commercial gym today and of course I overdid all exercises that I have never done before. It wouldn't be any fun if I didn't, right? :laugh

Now I just have to pray that I can get out of bed tomorrow...

Seated Shoulder Press
Up to a few reps on 60 kg.

Back Squat
Up to a few reps on 100 kg (haven't squatted in months now).

Bicep Superset with 2.0" Grip
EZ-Bar: 30 kg: 8, 6, 5. 25 kg: 5.
Rev EZ-Bar: 20 kg: 8, 8, 6, 5.

Tricep Superset with 2.0" Grip
1H Push-Down: 10, 10, 6.
1H Push in front of head: 7, 7, 5.

Leg Extension
3x10

Leg Curl
3x10

Dumbbell Clean with 2.0" Grip
Up to 5 singles on 40 kg.

Lat Pull-Down with 2.0" Grip Parallel Handle
Up to a few reps on 60 kg.

Dead-Hang
2x30-40 sec with one slow concentric and eccentric.

I'm going to be so (bad word filter)ing sore tomorrow it's insane 🐸

Wednesday 9/1/19

1 km walk, could barely walk but it felt better after a while.

Grippers

Left Hand
CBT W3D2
Still 2 mm off on the Tetting 161#, might actually have been a tad bit closer this time which is good since my arms are so sore it's unreal. Tomorrow it's triset for arms, should be really interesting to see how that goes :laugh

Right Hand
RBAF warmup to 7-7 x 5 reps TNS
COC#2 102#: 15, 15, 15, 15, 12.

Going down to the gym to move my legs a bit more. Might do some bench press and some dumbbell rows as well.

Finished off Wednesday's workout with some incline bench press and dumbbell drows and some seated rows with the rolling thunder. Did some ab works as well.

Friday 11/1/19

Grippers (RH)
SM 133# - 5x1
COC#2 102# - 5x15, fourth set was very hard so I took 5 min rest instead of 3 min before fifth set.
Vulcan Light Set Practice - 3 sets.

Leg Press
A few light sets to get some blood in my legs.

Bicep Triset
Scott Curl: 30 kg: 8, 8, 8.
1H Scott Curl: 8 kg: 10, 10, 10 (8 with LH on last).
1H Rev Scott Curl: 5 kg: 6 ,6 ,6.

Reverse curls was too light and the first exercise might have been a bit too heavy for me. Need to adjust this as a go along this program. Have never done any of these exercises before really.

Tricep Triset
Extension: 20 kg: 8, 8, 8.
Kickback: 3 kg: 10, 10, 10.
Cable Push-Down: 50 kg: 8, 8, 8.

Program calls for 4 sets but that is way too much for me, even 3 sets is hard. I will stick for 3 sets and then see if I can do more later. Funny how the lightest weight was the hardest one.

FGX Dumbbell
Did a few sets of cleans and some deadlifts.

DO Deadlift
Up to 160 kg. Felt heavy in every possible way. Good thing is that I lifted it, I usually can't lift this weight when I'm sore like this, but today was a good bad day.

Saturday 12/1/19

IMHH Sup/Pro
2 sets light weight. Lots of pain in my wrists from bicep curls. Not sure if I will continue with conventional bicep training, my wrist are just not made for it.

IM Blockbuster
Up to 30.75 kg, not quite to lock-out with LH.
RH: 24.5 kg 2x10
LH: 24.5 kg 1x10. 23.25 kg 1x10

10# Sledge F & R Choke
2x10 sec

Sunday 13/1/19

Grippers (RH)
SM 133# - 5x1
COC#2 102#: 15, 15, 15, 15, 16. Took 4 min of rest before last set. Endurance felt a lot better today, which was good because I feel sick and didn't get much sleep.

Ordered the 60 mm rolling handle from Baraban, hopefully it arrives tomorrow. I will try to max out on it with left hand, since next week is deload for grippers.

Monday 14/1/19

Grippers (RH)
SM 133# - 5x1

While doing a leg workout at the gym.

Wednesday 16/1/19

2 km walk, felt good but it was cold as fu&"#(k. Then did some more legs at the gym and arms. Finished with a few sets of close grip bench press. No more curl with barbells for me, it just doesn't work, can't even lift the bar without pain. I will do all of my supinated bicep work in cable machines instead. It doesn't hurt me and I feel that I hit the biceps very good that way.

Grippers
Left Hand
CBT W4D1 - maybe 4 mm off on the Tetting 161# today but I think that was okay becuse it was after arm workout and I don't sleep good right now.

Right Hand
COC#2.5 123#: 8, 8, 8, 8, 8. Zoeun: 4 + COC#2.5 123#: 2 + 2, 8, 8. (3 min between sets on first 4 sets then 5 min).
I thought the Zoeun gripper was going to be easier but it's actually harder. Kind of messed up my rep scheme, was going for 8x8. Tried some negatives but felt very hard so I quit, don't want to get injured.

Thursday 17/1/19

2 km walk in the cold again :sleep

RB 50 mm Pinch Block
21.2 kg 2x20 sec

3" Dumbbell (RH)
40 kg 3x1

Inch Trainer (RH)
58 kg 4x1. All reps felt good, was going to do five of them but for some reason my hand just completely died when I tried the fifth. Did it with "cheat" grip instead.

Friday 18/1/19

Zenith #3 and RB rolling handle arrived today, a bit too late to try the handle, so I will try after CBT instead.

Did some leg and ab work at the gym and trisets for biceps and triceps. 

Grippers (RH)
COC#2.5 123#: 8, 8, 8, 8, 7+1, 7+1, 7+1, 5+2+1. Had to take 5 min of rest between sets, arm was a bit tired from thick bar and arm training. My setting strength is really horrible right now, I think it's becuse of the arm workouts I've been doing lately.

Saturday 19/1/19

Grippers (RH)
Zenith #3: 10, 9, 9, 8, 10, 10, 10, 8, 8, 5, 7, 6 (100 total). 3 min rest between sets.

No grippers next week, I will do some pinch and thickbar. After that I will try to do 5x5 four times in a week so I get 100 reps on the harder #2.5, with some luck, my skin will be able to handle that.

Sunday 20/1/19

RB 60 mm RH Thumbless (RH)
Up to 2 lifts with 60 kg on the pin.

Grippers (LH)
CBT W5D1

Monday 21/1/19

3 supersets for biceps and triceps

2" Dumbbell Clean & Press
A few sets and reps with 35 kg

Dumbbell Row
A few sets and reps with +50 kg.

2" Dumbbell Clean
40 kg 2x5

Lat Pull-Down Supinated Grip
80 kg 3x5

Wednesday 23/1/19

Did some pinching with the blockbuster. Bad session, 30 kg is now very hard for me to lift.

Thursday 24/1/19

Grippers (LH)
CBT W5D2. This is not going well for me but I will stick with the program regardless. Then after that I will focus on thick bar and pinch more.

Grippers (RH)
GM 140# - 5x1 with 20 mm block.

Sunday 27/1/19

Grippers (LH)
CBT W6D1

Grippers (RH)
Tetting SM 161# - One attempt, less than a millimeter from closing it.
COC#2.5 128-130# - 5x5

Happy about this gripper session, setting strength is coming back, I think it's because it's the first time in three weeks where I'm not sore from arm training haha :D

I hope to close this gripper next time I try it. Left hand was further away, about 2-3 mm. For right hand I will try to get the 100 reps in seven days with 5x5 scheme. After that I will probably attempt 5x2 four times in a week with the 140# GM. Then I will go back and try 20 reps with the #2.

Monday 28/1/19

IMHH Sup/Pro
3x15 + 1 heavy single.

10# Sledge F&R DL
Managed rear lift with full handle with RH for the first time. Left hand was far behind. Still struggling with index @ 50 cm for front lift. Full handle is index @ 75 cm so there's plenty of work that has to be done before I get there :)

RB 50 mm Pinch
23.75 kg 5x3 with 3 sec hold on last rep of each set.
25.75 kg 1x15 sec

Legs, arms and shoulder training later at the gym...

Bunch of rows and incline presses and some leg work.

Tuesday 29/1/19

Grippers (RH)
SM 128# - 5x5. Didn't have access to the #2.5 so I had to use this gripper instead.

Wednesday 30/1/19

Grippers (LH)
CBT W6D2

Grippers (RH)
COC#2.5 128-130# - 5x5

Very hard today because of lack of sleep. Max effort on all sets.