Rolling Thunder Record Reset

Chez

Interestreting news. They reset the record so it’s much lower now. I’m sure the thickbar monsters will go after it now that it’s more attainable 

http://ironmind.com/news/Rolling-Forward-Absolute-Mens-World-Record-Reset/

• Like 1

Funny that Randall kept everyone on the the CoC list after he changed the rules (expect for Rick Walker who asked to be taken off). Now he retroactively declares a WR?

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, jchapman said:

Funny that Randall kept everyone on the the CoC list after he changed the rules (expect for Rick Walker who asked to be taken off). Now he retroactively declares a WR?

I agree if they are willing to change the WR they should remove those on the list who did not use a credit card set. That would eliminate every coc #4 closer also. 

Is this new current record also done with the most recent handle? 

18 minutes ago, Stephen Ruby said:

I agree if they are willing to change the WR they should remove those on the list who did not use a credit card set. That would eliminate every coc #4 closer also. 

Is this new current record also done with the most recent handle? 

I think it was done in 2013 so no?  Someone with a better grasp of the RT timeline should chime in.

This is very good news!

Of course they should not remove anyone from the CoC list but they should have a pre and post CCS list.

• Like 3

32 minutes ago, Fist of Fury said:

This is very good news!

Of course they should not remove anyone from the CoC list but they should have a pre and post CCS list.

Plus a pre and post 1 inch set 

IronMind reverted to recognizing the best recorded contest lift on the newer version of the RT. This is Alexey’s lift of 130.5 kg. Mark Felix’ lifts of more than 300 lbs were done on the old version of the RT.

The newest (current) version of the RT, with the end caps, is no different in design from the previous version without end caps. The change is purely aesthetic (as far as I’ve noticed).

• Like 2

I’m not sure if this bold move will help them sell more RT handles. Oh, hang on a tick – there are now apparently caps on the ends . . . .I should have realised. My apologies.

I look forward to the next design upgrade AND the accompanying record reset. Might be a few years away - depending on the strength of similar product sales offered by their competitors.

Seriously, why take this decision now ??? The model discrepancy issue has been around for YEARS. Call me cynical but this is simply a marketing strategy to give the Armlifting competitions a bit of a boost.

• Like 3

Randall doing shady stuff with no rhyme or reason will never surprise me.

Signed,

Official Red Nail Certified Bender who will never again be on the Red Nail List.

• Like 1

This may lead in to other records being questioned as well. You know, to boost sales 😜 On another note, is it okay to squeeze your arm and hand against your leg, belly, or crotch while performing an ironmind lift? I've seen it done quite a bit and it looks like some of that is happening in the pic in the link 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, jchapman said:

Plus a pre and post 1 inch set 

I personally don't feel that's necessary because the difference between a deep set and a parallel set is not that great.

As far as I understand the reset has nothing to do with the new handle. There just were doubts, the 150kg lift was legit. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Fist of Fury said:

I personally don't feel that's necessary because the difference between a deep set and a parallel set is not that great.

a parallel set is closer to 3/4"

20 minutes ago, jchapman said:

a parallel set is closer to 3/4"

Yes I know I was talking about the difference in difficulty. A deep set and a parallel set is not so far apart in difficulty. While a parallel set and CCS is not even in the same league, it's a completely different feat.

1 hour ago, Florian Kellersmann said:

As far as I understand the reset has nothing to do with the new handle. There just were doubts, the 150kg lift was legit. 

Must have been a very bad handle he did that lift on. He has not been close to that weight after that as far as I know (someone please correct me if I'm wrong). I did see a video with Mark Felix almost locking out a weight close to it (if not above it). Not sure about that handle either since it was not displayed in the video. Laine Snook has done 10 reps on 130 kg with the RT and has also lifted above the official WR on the 2.5" Crusher. I don't think 10 reps on 130 kg equals 150 kg for one rep.

2 hours ago, Florian Kellersmann said:

Absolutely correct, Florian.

• Like 2

21 hours ago, Eric Roussin said:

IronMind reverted to recognizing the best recorded contest lift on the newer version of the RT. This is Alexey’s lift of 130.5 kg. Mark Felix’ lifts of more than 300 lbs were done on the old version of the RT.

The newest (current) version of the RT, with the end caps, is no different in design from the previous version without end caps. The change is purely aesthetic (as far as I’ve noticed).

I agree. I’ve noticed no change with the new one and the previous one without end caps. Used 4 different ones with all same results.

On 10/16/2018 at 6:29 AM, Tommy J. said:

honestly i think what causes these type of changes are unhappy individuals (haters) who get in Randalls ear with complaints of others.

the red nail/IMP cert rule wouldnt have happened if there was never a hater of Eric in Randalls ear.

the CCS rule would have never happened if it wasnt for some go-hard complaining to Randall who claimed everyone was cheating, because they certed with a “full” close, but everyone else “used their other hand”

and i would put money on someone likely also crying to Randall that the old RT handle was “easier” than the new one, making the comparison to performances on the new handle “unfair”.

So in short, blame the haters for the rule changes. Not Ironmind.

Maybe. But to be honest CCS is good. Everyone can cert at the same width. But the list should be seperated.

23 hours ago, Fist of Fury said:

Must have been a very bad handle he did that lift on. He has not been close to that weight after that as far as I know (someone please correct me if I'm wrong). I did see a video with Mark Felix almost locking out a weight close to it (if not above it). Not sure about that handle either since it was not displayed in the video. Laine Snook has done 10 reps on 130 kg with the RT and has also lifted above the official WR on the 2.5" Crusher. I don't think 10 reps on 130 kg equals 150 kg for one rep.

I believe Laine can break the WR if he wants too. Maybe he is able to right now.

• Like 1

Guys, keep the conversation grip-related.  No personal attacks against anyone.

On 10/15/2018 at 3:22 PM, Fist of Fury said:

This is very good news!

Yeah remove would be too harsh on second thought. I do agree that those on the list who did it with the CCS should be distinguished though since it is a much more challenging way to cert. Now that the record is a bit more attainable who might have the best shot at it? I still feel it is the hardest ironmind record to get. I know next year at the Arnold classic they will have some elite grip guys going at it on the big stage so that would be a good chance to see a shot at any records. 

4 hours ago, Stephen Ruby said:

Yeah remove would be too harsh on second thought. I do agree that those on the list who did it with the CCS should be distinguished though since it is a much more challenging way to cert. Now that the record is a bit more attainable who might have the best shot at it? I still feel it is the hardest ironmind record to get. I know next year at the Arnold classic they will have some elite grip guys going at it on the big stage so that would be a good chance to see a shot at any records. 

I would say de #4 cert is still de hardest one to get? 😎🤔

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Aleksandar Milosevic said:

In my opinion, this makes the sport of grip/armlifting seem unprofessional. 

I actually think it's great. I think there's other sports out there (not mentioning which, to not go off-topic) that are way more unprofessional in this regard. Where they refuse to remove records that is blatantly set by enchanced athletes way back in time, which todays athletes can never beat by staying within the rules.

4 hours ago, Tommy J. said:

I have no objections to the CCS rule. And i too believe it is a different feat than a parallel set. Hell, even if the rule changed to no-set only i wouldnt object. Id just redo the cert with a no-set. No set, no set card, no problem.

in regards to Laine, i agree. But Laine could have broken the 150k record also. He did go well over 300lbs on the RT multiple times on video if memory serves me. In fact, i hope Laine DOES take the record back up to 150k and THEN some!

I agree here also. With the exception of a strict 45lb plate curl (Adam Glass), the #4 credit card set close is top shelf for insane grip feats.

even more so than an Inch db clean. Obviously. Since more people have legitimately cleaned the Inch than have credit card closed a #4, or done a strict 45lb plate curl.

I think Millennium reps is up there too. No one repped it besides Laine Snook.

• Like 2