Last Gripmas Goals

climber511

I'm hopeful that if we can get rid of the "big man" sport and respect aspect - we can attract more lightweights (climbers).  Not meaning to start that discussion all over again - sorry.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Climber028 said:

This is why I'm glad Nigel popped into the sport, it's not much fun competing alone

Nigel and you are very strong at grip regardless of weight class. Case in point, 2nd place finisher BWT was 245 ish  at my contest did I think 134 gripper(less than Nigel) and he has 600lb DL and 375 bench-

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Kluv#0 said:

Nigel and you are very strong at grip regardless of weight class. Case in point, 2nd place finisher BWT was 245 ish  at my contest did I think 134 gripper(less than Nigel) and he has 600lb DL and 375 bench-

Grip is the great equalizer. Love when a little guy destroys a juice monger. I get giddy. Not say the guy you are referring to is, don’t even know who you are referring to, but just in general 

16 minutes ago, climber511 said:

I'm hopeful that if we can get rid of the "big man" sport and respect aspect - we can attract more lightweights (climbers).  Not meaning to start that discussion all over again - sorry.

Have various pullups at every contest and you will see a nice mix of athletes. I was thinking of having a  BWT timed Fat Gripz hold  at my contest next year

Edited by Kluv#0
syntax
  • Like 1

Just now, Kluv#0 said:

Have a various pullups  at every contest and you will see a nice mix of athletes. I was actually thinking of having a straight time BWT hold from fatgripz at my contest next year

Hummm

6 minutes ago, Joseph Sullivan said:

Grip is the great equalizer. Love when a little guy destroys a juice monger. I get giddy. Not say the guy you are referring to is, don’t even know who you are referring to, but just in general 

No doubt!! The man I was referring to just a big  brawler- no juice

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Kluv#0 said:

Have various pullups at every contest and you will see a nice mix of athletes. I was thinking of having a  BWT timed Fat Gripz hold  at my contest next year

At gripmas last year there was a nice selection of body weight feats in the medley. I think Durniat and I were the only ones who did all of them, tho he had to dig deep on the campus board ladder.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Climber028 said:

This is why I'm glad Nigel popped into the sport, it's not much fun competing alone

10 years ago, Nigel was 11, too ... lol.  Yes, a welcome addition.  And his numbers compete well above the weight class, now that he's not 11 anymore.

• Haha 2

My goal is to have a small chance to leave work and see you over there in America Chris. Still not 100% confirmed but trying so hard to come.

• Like 5

4 hours ago, Alawadhi said:

My goal is to have a small chance to leave work and see you over there in America Chris. Still not 100% confirmed but trying so hard to come.

You'll be here!  Work will always be there - Gripmas will be gone forever.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1