King Kong Predictions

Allen Heineck

On 10/11/2018 at 9:22 AM, Squeezus said:

Top 3 Overall (in no particular order): Alexey, Harri, Tanner

Echoes my thoughts too.

On 10/11/2018 at 2:22 PM, Mike Rinderle said:

I'm not concerned with the order, but I'd love to see 5 or 6 guys in the geezer club finish in the top 30.  I think that's a definite possibility.  I think at least 5 of you have a great shot at top 20.  I'm hoping to limp in for a top 1/3 spot in the overall field again this year.  Of course, I'm counting on 20 kids and 10 or 15 women competing to make that a possibility.  I'll do ok on first three events, but I may as well skip the moon pie.  And depending on how my tennis elbow feels... I may just do that.  Mostly in protest that the greatest lift of all time has been replaced.  #stublife

I would also like to say that I think Big Joe Sullivan will be most improved over last year.  He's killing it right now, has a lot more contest experience, and the events are right up his alley.  Depending on how the pinch goes for him, I would not be shocked to see him in the top 10 overall.

Thanks Mike! Just saw this! I hope you’re right! I tweaked my arm somehow last week, brachioradialis! Gonna nurse it this week. Could not go past 240 on the jug with the twinge after getting 260 the week prior. Here’s hoping! 

A few other predictions:

Weight class that will see the biggest percentage increase in competitors over last year - 66 kg.

Weight class with the most competitors - 120+ kg.

There will be at least 30% more women competing than last year.

At least a couple of people that no one has been talking about with finish in the Top 20 in the overall standings.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
31 minutes ago, Hopefully said:

Nobody is unbeatable but great that he defended his title though. Results was a bit surprising, he did less than I expected on the Crusher but more on the MoonTop.

MoonTop is a highly technical lift, it's almost like grippers in the sense that you really need a perfect set on it. Very frustrating for sure. 

On 10/11/2018 at 1:42 PM, WestSlope said:

@arto joronen will be hard to beat if he has a good day. Is @LAINE SNOOK or Gardener competing? There is also a German, Stephan Falke, that looks very strong.

Ideally, Rinderle, Thomas, Thornton, Rice, Bush, (others?), and myself should do well. At 54 I can't be certain which version of me will show up at the comp.

Looks like an awesome version showed up Steve.  You killed it!  Arto was pretty much unbeatable yesterday, but you won the Masters Mortal Class!🤣

I tried to push you guys, but the moon thingy killed me.  87th place.  Lol.  Just could never figure out how to grip the dang thing.  If it's in next year's comp I'll just skip it to save myself the embarrassment.  Even if I did well on it, I don't think I would have gotten you, but I might have squeaked into 3rd.  

Well deserved podium finish and looking forward to going against you again. Next year, we have to get @Kluv#0 to compete!

If one listens to the prediction shows now, I think they will see that we did a pretty good job! Of those who finished in the top 20 overall, just about every single person was mentioned as a top 10 contender. The notable exception is Russian Ivan Krivykh. This guy is the real deal. He took gold in the 90 kg class at this year’s APL World Armlifting Championships in both the Rolling Thunder and Hub. I didn’t realize he’d be competing in King Kong.

My original top lift predictions were pretty bang on, if I may say. I predicted a top lift of 123 lbs with the Flask and the top lift was 123. I predicted a top lift of 235 lbs with the Crusher and the top lift was just under 234. I predicted a top lift of 58 lbs with the MoonTop and the top lift was 58. And I predicted a top lift of 285 lbs with the Jug and the top lift was 290. Not bad! :)

I didn't do as well with some of the other predictions I posted in this thread. The class with the biggest percentage increase in entries over last year was the 93 kg class, which went from 12 to 41 competitors! The 93 class was also the biggest. The number of women competing increased by more than 50%.

Jedd correctly predicted that Alexey would be the first two-time winner.

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, Eric Roussin said:

If one listens to the prediction shows now, I think they will see that we did a pretty good job! Of those who finished in the top 20 overall, just about every single person was mentioned as a top 10 contender. The notable exception is Russian Ivan Krivykh. This guy is the real deal. He took gold in the 90 kg class at this year’s APL World Armlifting Championships in both the Rolling Thunder and Hub. I didn’t realize he’d be competing in King Kong.

My original top lift predictions were pretty bang on, if I may say. I predicted a top lift of 123 lbs with the Flask and the top lift was 123. I predicted a top lift of 235 lbs with the Crusher and the top lift was just under 234. I predicted a top lift of 58 lbs with the MoonTop and the top lift was 58. And I predicted a top lift of 285 lbs with the Jug and the top lift was 290. Not bad! :)

I didn't do as well with some of the other predictions I posted in this thread. The class with the biggest percentage increase in entries over last year was the 93 kg class, which went from 12 to 41 competitors! The 93 class was also the biggest. The number of women competing increased by more than 50%.

Jedd correctly predicted that Alexey would be the first two-time winner.

No kidding. Those predictions were spot-on for the numbers.