King Kong Predictions

Allen Heineck

Hey everyone,

Jedd and I are going to have a special guest on the next episode to discuss the upcoming competition.

We'd like your input!

Who do you think will win the title "King Kong of Grip". 

Also, who will take top honors in their weight classes and individual events.

Quick teaser; I think Tanner will take the crusher event if he doesn't break it again!

Thanks

• Like 3

19 minutes ago, Allen Heineck said:

Quick teaser; I think Tanner will take the crusher event if he doesn't break it again!

haha I appreciate your confidence in me, I'll givem hell. If you ask me, number one and two will be either Alexey or Harri. My personal goal is top ten. The events don't favor my strengths so much this year.

• Like 1

Flask- Jedd, Harri, Kody  Crusher - Tanner, Tank, Igor  Moontop- Harri, Jesse P., Jouni  Jug- Jesse P., Igor, Kody. Overall- Tanner, Jesse P., Igor, Kody, Harri.

My vote goes for Jedd. He's on fire right now. I think Alexey and Igor might have the best chances though since it's two thick bar events. Maybe Tanner as well.

MoonTop will go to a finn fore sure. Flask maybe to Kody. Arto Joronen is a dark horse.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Mike Rinderle said:

I like my chances is the 59 KG class. 

You better cut hard, don't wanna have to go against me in 66k

• Haha 2

Top 3 Overall (in no particular order): Alexey, Harri, Tanner

• Like 2

Who are the top guys in the 50 + masters class?  

Just now, Mike Rinderle said:

Arto.

21 minutes ago, Mike Rinderle said:

Some guy named Mike.  FYI, I'm 49-1/2.  See you soon.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Vinnie said:

Some guy named Mike.  FYI, I'm 49-1/2.  See you soon.  

That Mike guy's a schmuck.  He has no idea how to grip a moon thingy.  Plus he's down 35 lbs from NAGS and we all know weight means everything in grip.

Edited by Mike Rinderle
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

57 minutes ago, Mike Rinderle said:

I expect Gus Bush will do quite well with this years events.

• Like 3

40 minutes ago, Andrew Dube said:

I expect Gus Bush will do quite well with this years events.

Agreed!

Masters and open division- Gripboard's Westslope- Steve Millard is one of the most talented gripsters in the world and very much underrated. Look at his results at KK'17 and Aarons AZ contest- tremendous. Dave Thornton will do very well, Too

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Kluv#0 said:

Masters and open division- Gripboard's Westslope- Steve Millard is one of the most talented gripsters in the world and very much underrated. Look at his results at KK'17 and Aarons AZ contest- tremendous. Dave Thornton will do very well, Too

Both are beasts.

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, WestSlope said:

I'm pretty sure I can Moontop lift your lost fat.

Wish I could...  haha

30 minutes ago, WestSlope said:

Thanks for being so kind, Mike. I think I'm OK for an older guy. It seems like you don't plan to compete this year?

Not this year but definitely next year. I did not know you were 54!! You a baad man. I think you will win the Masters division- best of luck!!

I'm not concerned with the order, but I'd love to see 5 or 6 guys in the geezer club finish in the top 30.  I think that's a definite possibility.  I think at least 5 of you have a great shot at top 20.  I'm hoping to limp in for a top 1/3 spot in the overall field again this year.  Of course, I'm counting on 20 kids and 10 or 15 women competing to make that a possibility.  I'll do ok on first three events, but I may as well skip the moon pie.  And depending on how my tennis elbow feels... I may just do that.  Mostly in protest that the greatest lift of all time has been replaced.  #stublife

I would also like to say that I think Big Joe Sullivan will be most improved over last year.  He's killing it right now, has a lot more contest experience, and the events are right up his alley.  Depending on how the pinch goes for him, I would not be shocked to see him in the top 10 overall.

I think  Igor Kupinsky has a good shot this year, he was third last year and is strong on thickbar and vbar which I believe the jug is similar too. Also he was doing block reps with a #4 this year so I think his grip is at an all time high right now. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Stephen Ruby said:

I think  Igor Kupinsky has a good shot this year, he was third last year and is strong on thickbar and vbar which I believe the jug is similar too. Also he was doing block reps with a #4 this year so I think his grip is at an all time high right now. 

I think if grippers were to be contested he would win. He might win the jug but I think Alexey is the favourite for the win on the Crusher, after all he has the WR. I don't see them winning the pinch events. I think Jedd, Kody and Finland will be on top there.

14 hours ago, Eric Roussin said:

It’s always a good episode when you are the guest on the show, Mr. Roussin.

• Like 4