pronat/Supinate

JasonL

Any guys do anything crazy for pronate/supination exercises for the forearm?  Don't see many guys doing this important exercise....

• Like 1

Sledgehammers. Probably don't see it much since it's not commonly contested and the weights are small so not as exciting as inch lifts and blob feats

I use the Wrist Mace, and it's been one of my most popular products since I started selling it. I think it's way better than sledgehammers for wrist health and conditioning.

https://www.barrelstrengthsystems.com/products/wrist-mace

• Like 1

They are a stable in the Gripmas Medley.  We generally have an 8# and 9.25# sledge to rotate (31" handle) both in and out.  Remember this is a Medley - not a separate 4 attempt to a max event.  Still stops a lot of people.  I'd like to try the Mace Gil makes sometime.

• Like 1

Cheap olympic db handle with athletic tape on one side, weight on the other. Can use it sitting on the couch, where a full sledge would get in the way because of the long handle.

I think most of us here on the board does this exercise. It's essential for healthy and strong forearms.

• Like 1

I do them regulararly on wrist day. I use a sledge hammer for them 

I do them once a fortnight the same way as wobbler above.  

I'm working towards pronating/supinating 10kg by the end of the year.

Just as important to train as radial/ulnar deviation imo.

I do sledgehammers, Griptopz levertop, Barrel Strength Systems wrist mace. I prefer(stronger at)supination and have quite a few vids and will share more. 

Edited by Kluv#0
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, wobbler said:

Cheap olympic db handle with athletic tape on one side, weight on the other. Can use it sitting on the couch, where a full sledge would get in the way because of the long handle.

1. Cut the handle

2. Use magnets to secure additional plates if desired

3. Profit

Or make a Wrist Thingy - I "invented" (after seeing something kind of like it online) it and have found nothing else to compare with it.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, climber511 said:

Or make a Wrist Thingy - I "invented" (after seeing something kind of like it online) it and have found nothing else to compare with it.

The Wrist Thingy is easily one of the best, if not the best device for this type of wrist movement. 

Yea i usually do a circuit of pronation/supination, radial, and ulnar deviation .  I prefer higher reps like 15-20 of each I get a crazy burn and pump and I feel like the chance of injury is significantly reduced. 

Something about flinging a heavy sledge Hammer on the floor for pro/sup never sat right with me seems like a great way to blow your elbow out