Stephen Ruby

Brian shaw 238lb little big horn lift

Paul Savage
10 minutes ago, Tommy J. said:

Then why did you not do the same with Juha?

It wasn't about me vs him, it was about the feats and me being traditional in that way. Part of the difficultly of plate pinching is that plates don't always fit together well and that they can be really wide with multi plate pinching. As for my training I'd done three wide 15kg and had trained for four 10kg for a long while so maybe wasnt best pleased when someone else came along doing plates that were nearly half the width and fit together perfectly but it was more about the feat and feeling it was changed (I have absolutely nothing against juha or anyone else). To give you an idea laine snook couldn't lift four 7.5kg of my plates even at all, and those were the same brand and width as the 10kg's I trained with. These were the ones we called the thin 10kg plates, yet still the difference in width was massive. Again its totally fine if anyone disagrees and I'll bow out of this thread as I'm not interested in arguments and negativity.

Tommy J.
4 minutes ago, Climber028 said:

I believe he was saying that it's not a singular feat, such as an inch lift or other devices that are all reasonably identical. Whenever plate feats are done the type of plate is either shown or mentioned to have some sort of comparison between lifters. Obviously multiple plate lifts are done but there is so much variety you may be able to pinch 5 dimes of one brand but only 4 of another. 

If thats the case, i dont disagree.

i do believe however that using some form of popular comp style plates are the best way to standardize plate pinching though.

Climber028
1 minute ago, Tommy J. said:

If thats the case, i dont disagree.

i do believe however that using some form of popular comp style plates are the best way to standardize plate pinching though.

I don't care what plates are used, as long is you're transparent and aren't doing anything sneaky

Tommy J.
3 minutes ago, Paul Savage said:

It wasn't about me vs him, it was about the feats and me being traditional in that way. Part of the difficultly of plate pinching is that plates don't always fit together well and that they can be really wide with multi plate pinching. As for my training I'd done three wide 15kg and had trained for four 10kg for a long while so maybe wasnt best pleased when someone else came along doing plates that were nearly half the width and fit together perfectly but it was more about the feat and feeling it was changed (I have absolutely nothing against juha or anyone else). To give you an idea laine snook couldn't lift four 7.5kg of my plates even at all, and those were the same brand and width as the 10kg's I trained with. These were the ones we called the thin 10kg plates, yet still the difference in width was massive. Again its totally fine if anyone disagrees and I'll bow out of this thread as I'm not interested in arguments and negativity.

I see what your saying. Ive gotten your point since day 1 the first time you mentioned it. You went out of your way to imply that your plates were “harder to pinch” than Juhas. And your still doing it.

Im done with the back and forth on what you think vs what i think though. Im moving on to calling you out at this point.

why dont you acquire the exact same plates as Juha, and show us how easy they are? Do you need a gofundme account started to cover plate expenses?

Tommy J.
4 minutes ago, Climber028 said:

I don't care what plates are used, as long is you're transparent and aren't doing anything sneaky

I dont disagree.

however, it would be chivalrous to not imply that your plates are harder to pinch than someone elses. Ahem, Paul...

Paul Savage
3 minutes ago, Tommy J. said:

I see what your saying. Ive gotten your point since day 1 the first time you mentioned it. You went out of your way to imply that your plates were “harder to pinch” than Juhas. And your still doing it.

Im done with the back and forth on what you think vs what i think though. Im moving on to calling you out at this point.

why dont you acquire the exact same plates as Juha, and show us how easy they are? Do you need a gofundme account started to cover plate expenses?

I can't remember the last time I did any plate pinching but again it wasn't about me vs him and I'm very happy for juha to be stronger.

Hope everybody's training is going well and this thread can get back on track.

• Like 1

John McCarter

Keep the thread on topic or it will be on lock-down

KapMan
20 hours ago, Tommy J. said:

I’m waiting for you to post a current feat not consisting of running your mouth at land speed records. 

Edited by KapMan

Tommy J.
1 hour ago, KapMan said:

I’m waiting for you to post a current feat not consisting of running your mouth at land speed records. 

Yeah, maybe one day i will be as strong as you..

besides sparks flying off your silverware at the dinner table, what was your best feat again?

• Haha 2

Tommy J.

And i just had to repost that since it apparently got removed by a mod.

Dont sensor my banter if your not gonna do the same for others.

oh, and screen shot. Incase another one of my posts gets removed, i have proof that only my speech is being sensored here.

• Haha 1

John McCarter

Guys, take it private. This thread has gone way off topic from where it should have been.