Casual Central NJ Grip-Together

temmmeeee

So for a while, I've wanted to host a little something. I figured I've accumulated enough grip toys at this point so why not? Every so often the guys in the NJ and NYC areas get together for little "grip-together" hangouts. Just casual grip fun and grip fellowship. So I decided I wanted to host my own soon. I contacted a couple of the guys about the idea but mentioned how my grip dungeon could only tightly fit maybe 5 or 6 people and having an event outside, especially in November, puts you at the mercy of mother nature. When I was talking to one buddy about it, he said we could use his gym to have the grip-together. The date we are going to do it is Saturday, November 10th. Since all of this is out of the blue and only a month and change away, it will be a non-sanctioned, very relaxed and casual contest purely for fun. If anyone is available and interested in some friendly, low key competition, as well as just hanging out with other grip guys and getting to try some not so common challenge items, feel free to come by. Looks like we have some confirmed attendees so this thing is going to be bigger than what I had first imagined yesterday when I was still planning the possibility of being in my tiny grip room or out back under a canopy. I was going to throw the gym owner some money for opening up his venue and figure out getting some food (maybe pizza or subs/sandwiches?) for people participating. But, since it seems like there is going to be more people than I'd originally thought, we are asking a $10 paypal entry fee or $15 at the door. There's still a lot of planning and tweaking to be done but, since it's pretty close from now, I figured it'd be best to post this now to give people a bit of a heads up. Many details are in the process of being figured out such as whether to have weight classes (maybe just very basic here with no point system) and all of that jazz. Again this is all for fun, and connecting more with the grip community. No prizes or anything.

The Basics I've Determined So Far:

• Date & Time: Saturday November 10 @ 3PM
  • Contact Name/Email: Tim Butler - temmmeeeee@gmail.com

Events:

• Inch Pinch*** (Will cut event for time reasons if attendance is high)
  • 300# Baseline Digital Hand Dynamometer (Hoping Chez maxes this one out)
  • 1H Tips Tester*** (Will cut event for time reasons if attendance is high)
  • Arm Assassins 3" Pinch Block
  • 2" Country Crush Handle
  • FBBC Legends Anvil (Loadable Anvil Trainer)

I am trying to organize a medley as well but that may take a little time to figure out. I'm thinking 10-12 items and 2-3 different medleys with different difficulty levels. A lot is still up in the air here but medleys are super fun and I'd really like to have one.

Fun Challenge Items That Will Be There:

• 40lb Fatman
  • 45lb Fatman
  • 47.5lb Fatman
  • 50lb Next Gen
  • 50lb Fatman
  • Half 115 Legacy (I have Blobzilla too but not sure if that's worth bringing)
  • 50lb Hex Blob
  • 55lb Hex Blob
  • 35lb Glob
  • 140lb Anvil (I have 2 20lb chains and 15lbs in plate mates for those freaks out there who find the anvil alone to be a joke)
  • 2 50lb Scale Weights
  • 58kg Strength Shop Circus Dumbbell
  • 64kg Strength Shop Circus Dumbbell
  • 173.8lb Thomas Inch Replica

Sorry, I know this post is a bit of a mess and there is much that needs to be planned out. But I'm just looking to have some fun and lift heavy stuff with some cool peeps :) 

Contact me via email or pm on here if you have any questions or concerns or even suggestions :)  - Tim Butler: temmmeeeee@gmail.com

• Like 8

Sounds very cool.  You may want to think of scaling back from 6 events (with an additional medley)...especially with a 3pm start time.  That's very attendee dependant of course but it sounds like you could have some time issues as it stands.

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, temmmeeee said:

300# Baseline Digital Hand Dynamometer (Hoping Chez maxes this one out)

😈👹

Hell Ya! Let’s do this!

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, anwnate said:

Sounds very cool.  You may want to think of scaling back from 6 events (with an additional medley)...especially with a 3pm start time.  That's very attendee dependant of course but it sounds like you could have some time issues as it stands.

Yea that probably would be a good idea, I wanted a versatile list. But if it came down to it the 1st two I'd cut are inch pinch and tips tester..

• Like 1

I'm in!  Thanks for organizing!  By the way, which circus dumbbell did you bring to Anton's with the anvil a few weeks ago?  I'm thinking it was the 58.

13 minutes ago, Vinnie said:

I'm in!  Thanks for organizing!  By the way, which circus dumbbell did you bring to Anton's with the anvil a few weeks ago?  I'm thinking it was the 58.

It was the 58. I'm going to bring the 64 but if it's a bit much I have two 2.5lb and two 5lb plate mates we could stick on the 58 if you want something in between :D 

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, temmmeeee said:

It was the 58. I'm going to bring the 64 but if it's a bit much I have two 2.5lb and two 5lb plate mates we could stick on the 58 if you want something in between :D 

Cool.  I got the 58, barely, but it was the end of the day after a long workout, so it might be interesting to see if I can up it a little, maybe even get the 64.  Looking forward to this!

• Like 1

This sounds fun, would especially be great to try feats without also trying to prepare for a serious competition. A casual day of picking things up would be pretty perfect. 

• Like 4

There is a bar around the corner from the gym... just saying...

• Like 5

Minor changes:

1. Was suggested to ask a $10 entry fee or $15 at the door just to guarantee what I was going to pay for use of the gym and food will be taken care of. I would have wanted it to be free just to promote the sport but it's probably a good idea since it could be a decent turnout. I'd want to have everyone well fed and hydrated. Still working on the possibility of a medley. 

2. I edited up top but I'll put it here so people see it. If there's a nice sized group, I may cut 1 or 2 of the 6 events. The ones to go would be inch pinch and tips tester.

I'll keep everyone posted on further developments. 

• Like 1

On 10/6/2018 at 12:39 PM, JStepien said:

Totally down for some post comp refreshments.....for the sore muscles and all 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Chez said:

Totally down for some post comp refreshments.....for the sore muscles and all 

I've been given permission for us to bring our own "refreshments" if we'd like as well.

• Like 3

30 minutes ago, temmmeeee said:

I've been given permission for us to bring our own "refreshments" if we'd like as well.

Awesome! I squeeze harder with beer or wine in my belly 

Edited by Chez
  • Like 2

I'm surprised Shawn is allowing "refreshments" at his gym... Thought he would be his usual prick self

On 10/6/2018 at 12:39 PM, JStepien said:

On 10/8/2018 at 7:16 PM, temmmeeee said:

I was gonna say theres about to be a bar in this gym's parking lot but if we're allowed to drink indoors like legit gentlemen all the better! This is gonna be a great time!

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Anton.Torrella said:

I was gonna say theres about to be a bar in this gym's parking lot but if we're allowed to drink indoors like legit gentlemen all the better! This is gonna be a great time!

No worries big guy! Gonna see me with my gym bag & a cooler... Unless the wife says no... lol

• Like 3

• 4 weeks later...

The Battle of Hillsborough commences tomorrow at high 3pm! Haven't yelled on this comp thread in almost a month! Lets go!

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

I plan on laying a beat down on that Dyno!

• Like 3

Stoked for tomorrow! 

• Like 1

I'll be bringing a big variety of decks of cards for people to tear as well

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, temmmeeee said:

Stoked for tomorrow! 

How we are rolling into the gym tomorrow......

• Haha 1

CHEZ-O-MANIA WILL BE RUNNING WILD!!!

• Haha 1