Jedd Johnson - Grip Master and Legend.

Florian Kellersmann

In my opinion, Jedd Johnson deserves "Grip Master and Legend" Status like David Horne and Richard Sorin on this board. What do you think?

Double Deep Dish York Plate Pinch (first ever), Inch clean (lightest Person ever), Blob Domination and his Overall achievements in Grip as a Sport, just to mention a few things.... 

• Like 16

But he hates grippers? :D

Just kidding, I absolutely agree. Very strong and knowledgeable guy for sure.

Hell yea! And of course how much he has promoted the sport over the years. I'm sure many others, along with myself, first stumbled upon the grip world through one of his youtube videos.

• Like 1

Jedd absolutely deserves that and He still has many more years to solidify G.O.A.T. 🐐 status

36 minutes ago, tspinillo said:

Without a doubt he does.

:ohmy A post!  I love seeing that guys from the early 2000s are still around.  :)

37 minutes ago, temmmeeee said:

Hell yea! And of course how much he has promoted the sport over the years. I'm sure many others, along with myself, first stumbled upon the grip world through one of his youtube videos.

100% truth. Never would have known it was a thing 

Jedd's physical accomplishments are great.

But the amount of information he has imparted, the number of people he has helped,

and the selflessness of his sharing are more incredible.

Not many like that.

• Like 1

He really deserves this status! In my mind he has this status for many years.

100%, he deserves it. Not only has he been a trailblazer for grip, but he has brought so much exposure and worked so hard for the sport.

I mean it when I say my life and demeanor changed when I started training with Jedd and was introduced to gripsport.

He deserves that. The most important aspect is he is promoting grip like nothing. And is very strong in grip overall. He worked a lot to achieve where he is. If this title isn't given to him here. He is always remembered by people to be a grip master and legend. That's what it matters really.

• Like 2

I already think of him like that.  And like the others, he is very humble about it and possibly might be a bit embarrassed by our attention.:blush

• Like 1

He has done as much or more for this sport than anyone, while also being one of the top competitors year in and year out for well over a decade.  In addition, he's pretty much running out of elite feats to accomplish.  Add to that his early, elite bending days and you have to put him in the Grip Legend class. Period.  

• Like 3

9 hours ago, Nigel Blackburn said:

I mean it when I say my life and demeanor changed when I started training with Jedd and was introduced to gripsport.

Mine did too a decade ago.  Unfortunately it was for the worse.  But I won't hold that against him. 

🤣

• Haha 3