Inch dumbbell and COC 3 no set

Hey remember when everyone said don't bother with your no set training, because I do and I'm laughing. You closed that thing so fast I think it's now a #2.5

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Climber028 said:

Hey remember when everyone said don't bother with your no set training, because I do and I'm laughing. You closed that thing so fast I think it's now a #2.5

I will never stop no setting! It has given me a lot of strength towards my thick bar EnduranceEndurance

Nice Joe- what is the rating on that gripper as It had a tag on it

13 minutes ago, Kluv#0 said:

Nice Joe- what is the rating on that gripper as It had a tag on it

I have to check the tag when I get home. It’s in the trunk.I want to say it was 140

Killer work on the inch! Funny that I just saw on my feed that marco buhl was doing inch dumbbell work and coc #3 TNS work the other day also hah. You'll have to try the coc tns at the same time next time also, I'm sure you could have got it seeing how you dominated both of them. 

Edited by Stephen Ruby
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Tommy J. said:

I dig it.

There was a guy named Sean Dockery that always trained no set. He was legit with it, even doing his #3 cert with a no set.

And dayuuuum homie! Doing big thangs!

did i hear Jedder say you did the #3 close AFTER all the inch work?!? Very impressive! Thick bar always ruins me for crush on the same day.

Haha you heard right! Plus I closed this the same way a few times before this before I rolled camera. Haha... and ... this is a day after a full KK workout. I was SMH on this! Haha thanks Tommy!

12 minutes ago, Tommy J. said:

I dig it.

There was a guy named Sean Dockery that always trained no set. He was legit with it, even doing his #3 cert with a no set.

And dayuuuum homie! Doing big thangs!

did i hear Jedder say you did the #3 close AFTER all the inch work?!? Very impressive! Thick bar always ruins me for crush on the same day.

Haha you heard right! Plus I closed this the same way a few times before this before I rolled camera. Haha... and ... this is a day after a full KK workout. I was SMH on this! Haha thanks Tommy!

2 minutes ago, Donc101 said:

Great display of strength Joe!!

That’s what I’m here for Don! To motivate others to do there best and to help out any way I can. I love this stuff brother 

I know Mike has mentioned the Inch replicas vary somewhat- I know you have one at home that you cannot lift but the one above at Jedd's you can. Is it due to one being heavier, thicker handle, etc ?

6 minutes ago, Kluv#0 said:

I know Mike has mentioned the Inch replicas vary somewhat- I know you have one at home that you cannot lift but the one above at Jedd's you can. Is it due to one being heavier, thicker handle, etc ?

I can lift the one at home.... Jedds is 169.4 and mine is closer to 173... both the same handle. I can’t always lift the one at home.... but I can lift it and have but when I’m home I am more focused on events for contests and when I go to Jedds the feats always call my name. It seems a few pounds makes a lot of difference in the consistency of being able to always lift it. I lifted the one last night about 6 times as well as shutting that 3 no set 3 separate sets after a kk workout the day before which I was very surprised about. You have to get your hands on one mike to see. If you can try one that’s a few pounds difference and see what I mean. It’s actuallt quite crazy. 

Just now, Joseph Sullivan said:

I can lift the one at home.... Jedds is 169.4 and mine is closer to 173... both the same handle. I can’t always lift the one at home.... but I can lift it and have but when I’m home I am more focused on events for contests and when I go to Jedds the feats always call my name. It seems a few pounds makes a lot of difference in the consistency of being able to always lift it. I lifted the one last night about 6 times as well as shutting that 3 no set 3 separate sets after a kk workout the day before which I was very surprised about. You have to get your hands on one mike to see. If you can try one that’s a few pounds difference and see what I mean. It’s actuallt quite crazy. 

Thanks for response!! Just curious as might buy a replica and wanted to buy from manufacturer that makes the "easier" ones, Ha Ha  I can imagine a couple pounds make huge difference as even on rolling handles 5lbs can be difference for me lifting and not getting it off ground-crazy

4 minutes ago, Kluv#0 said:

Thanks for response!! Just curious as might buy a replica and wanted to buy from manufacturer that makes the "easier" ones, Ha Ha  I can imagine a couple pounds make huge difference as even on rolling handles 5lbs can be difference for me lifting and not getting it off ground-crazy

The easier one is not the one Jedds foundry makes... the easier one is a sorinex Bell....the one Jedd sells is as hard as they come .

Great close and lift.  You know I like no set also, although I am also working on set because I want to cert MM1 and COC 3, so I'd like to train both ways.  I tried to no set a friend's COC3 rated 143 a week or so ago and barely missed, so I am close!  I will try again soon because I would like to say I've no set a COC3, was impressed to read and see it and want to do it now!

P.S.  Not the inch though.  That is WAY beyond me.  I can do the baby one though.  Barely.

P.P.S.  I know what you're gonna say about the inch.  But it really is way beyond me.  Will still continue with grip and reevaluate that opinion if my performance suggests I should, but we do all have limits!  Cheers brother.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Vinnie said:

Great close and lift.  You know I like no set also, although I am also working on set because I want to cert MM1 and COC 3, so I'd like to train both ways.  I tried to no set a friend's COC3 rated 143 a week or so ago and barely missed, so I am close!  I will try again soon because I would like to say I've no set a COC3, was impressed to read and see it and want to do it now!

P.S.  Not the inch though.  That is WAY beyond me.  I can do the baby one though.  Barely.

P.P.S.  I know what you're gonna say about the inch.  But it really is way beyond me.  Will still continue with grip and reevaluate that opinion if my performance suggests I should, but we do all have limits!  Cheers brother.

If you stick with it Vin, there is no telling how far you will go. Things we thought were impossible yesterday become possible tomorrow. When we look back in where we were in the beginning to where we are now, if we didn’t keep persevering, we would be at a stand still. (I sound like a fortune cookie) but it’s true. You only limit yourself when you say you can’t. 

1 minute ago, Joseph Sullivan said:

If you stick with it Vin, there is no telling how far you will go. Things we thought were impossible yesterday become possible tomorrow. When we look back in where we were in the beginning to where we are now, if we didn’t keep persevering, we would be at a stand still. (I sound like a fortune cookie) but it’s true. You only limit yourself when you say you can’t. 

I agree in part.  I think it is a little bit like that thing about give me the strength to change what I can, the ability to accept what I can't change, and the wisdom to know the difference, or however that goes.  I mean, for example, an RGC rated 300 gripper.  Or deadlifting 2000 pounds.  Not gonna happen no matter how optimistic you are.  But although I might never lift the inch, I agree that is not necessarily an impossible goal, just like 2 45s might not be impossible for me and I should not say never.  So I will try not to nay say myself too much. 

I need to start heading down to train and absorb some strength from you all, must be something special about this new gym

20 minutes ago, Climber028 said:

I need to start heading down to train and absorb some strength from you all, must be something special about this new gym

Haha it’s not the gym... but the people in the gym! 

46 minutes ago, Joseph Sullivan said:

Thank you 80s tough guy! 💪

It was all down hill after Y2K