Tearing an unwrapped ream of copy paper?

acromegaman

Has anyone seen a ream (500 pages) of copy paper torn in half before? This would be a cool feat to work up to. I would like to see a video if anyone has one.

• Like 1

Thanks for that Eric. I was sure that it was possible, but I've never seen or heard about it being done.

I have not seen it.  I would also like to see it!  I believe there are some who can do it.  Before I joined the Gripboard I worked at an office that had lots and lots of copy paper.  At least as far back as 1997 I would occasionally challenge one of my male coworkers to see who could tear the larger part of an unwrapped ream of paper.  I don't remember exactly what my best was, but I know it was not even close to the whole ream.  Have not tried that since starting to train my grip. 

• Like 1

Ben, I messed with half a ream today and got it started at least. Albeit I tore a lot of catalogs before it and some phone books last night so fresh I think I might have gotten the half. It definitely is a huge leap by adding in the rest. Hopefully someone has a video they can share.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, acromegaman said:

Ben, I messed with half a ream today and got it started at least. Albeit I tore a lot of catalogs before it and some phone books last night so fresh I think I might have gotten the half. It definitely is a huge leap by adding in the rest. Hopefully someone has a video they can share.

Half the ream sounds very solid!  It would definitely be a braced tear kind of affair

Just rip one piece of paper today, two tomorrow and continue in that fashion until you can rip an entire ream. Should be done sometime in early 2020

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Climber028 said:

Just rip one piece of paper today, two tomorrow and continue in that fashion until you can rip an entire ream. Should be done sometime in early 2020

Here's to future goals!