Sanctioned Grip Contest in Colorado

Rachel Crass

Hey folks,

A local member of the grip community asked me to publish our upcoming grip contest in Colorado on GripBoard so that members from the larger Rocky Mountain region could attend. We'd love to have you! The contest will take place in west Denver on Sunday, November 11, 2018. Information on the events and exact address can be found at www.RegOnline.com/grip

This is our first officially-sanctioned grip contest, though we have been running USA Weightlifting and USA Powerlifting competitions for many years. If you have any questions about us and what we do, please feel free to reach out directly at RachelCWLC@gmail.com. I was co-meet director for the 2012 Olympic Team Trials for Weightlifting and the Arnold Weightlifting Championships for a few years in Ohio and have served as the Elite Athlete Rep on USAW's Competition Committee and Athlete's Advisory Council. blah blah blah.... basically, we are strength sport athletes, coaches, and competition directors and are excited to expand into GripSport.

Please feel free to reach out with questions or to get to know us better personally. My husband, Jason Wood, is co-directing the competition and prefers phone calls instead of e-mail. We can shoot you his number privately if desired.

Gen Strength ARMegeddon V3 2018.jpg

• Like 1

2" NM and jug handles for novice.

2 3/8" NM and 2 1/2" jug handles for open and advanced lifters.

Registration has been open for 3 days, and we are up to 10 people already. Capping at 40. The benefit of having a built-in strength community we have already run events for is that we pretty much just have to put it "out there", and they will come.

It will be a good time, for sure. Probably about 40% female participation, which I am learning is pretty different from other grip competitions?

Edited by Rachel Crass
  • Like 2