Jujimufu + Jedd + Lucas = Awesome

DAVE101

Tom and Juji published two videos from their grip meetup with @Jedd Johnson and @Lucasraymond last week. A big thanks to you fellas for helping create entertaining content and showing off the finer points/technique to the more casual audience (I definitely learned a lot). This is huge for spreading grip among the general fitness world.

First video is Ironmind Basics: Grippers, Rolling Thunder, IM Hub, and IM Blockbuster Arm Assassin Pinch Block ...

Second video is more fun stuff and grip feats. Inch Dumbbell, Crusher vs RT, Napalm's Nightmare, and phone books.

Edited by DAVE101
  • Like 13
  • Thanks 1

Great to see natural athletes such as Jedd and Luke show what they can do to such a large audience. Hard work and dedicated training will always be admired! 

• Like 1

Holy hell, Jedd’s double Inch farmers walk was incredible! And my god! Watching Juji fail to tear a phonebook was so frustratingly painful🤣! He could not get the technique no matter how much he tried!

• Like 1

So psyched to see they will be competing in Nashville! I’ll be there!

• Like 2

Awesome video! Great to see grip getting such mainstream exposure especially a technical video like this. Jedd and luke dominating those inch dumbbells was great to watch. Hope they can do another video in the future. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Tommy J. said:

Also, you’d think this kind of exposure for the sport would get many more likes here on the board especially?.. i guess there are people here who dont approve?

I don’t know why anyone wouldn’t aprove. The guy was very cool when we all competed in Philly, and if he is genuine on promoting Grip, that’s a great thing too. Some people just will never be pleased. 

Edited by Guest

44 minutes ago, Joseph Sullivan said:

I don’t know why anyone wouldn’t aprove. The guy was very cool when we all competed in Philly, and if he is genuine on promoting Grip, that’s a great thing too. Some people just will never be pleased. 

Agreed. 

• Like 1

Both Jedd and Lucas were brilliant in those two vids. Especially impressed by Jedd, of how well spoken and comfortable he was.

• Like 2

Nice video buddy!

On 9/30/2018 at 3:29 AM, Tommy J. said:

Finally got a chance to watch the vids in whole. Awesome collab! Jedder, and Luke, EXCELLENT inch work!

im surprised Juji lifted the inch! He seems pretty well rounded in all things strength.

also, Jedd and Luke, now that you have met Juji personally, does it seem that he has a genuine interest in strength training? Or is it all for “money” or “show” like many haters have suggested?

i think i already know the answer. I just like to see pessimists beliefs get squashed. 😬

He absolutely enjoys doing it...my persoective he enjoys all things strength related but having a naturally decent grip has probably kept him interested. I imagine if he wasnt getting views on YT it may change bc it is also a source of income for him. He is genuinely a nice guys and pleasure to be around. 

• Like 2

Hey Lucas, great job man! I have not seen you talk in front of the camera much before that video, but you are a wizard with words and explanation.

2 hours ago, Lucasraymond said:

I imagine if he wasnt getting views on YT it may change bc it is also a source of income for him

A lot of people mention the YouTube revenue, however he's said in previous videos that he gives 100% if that income to Tom for his role. Juji doesn't see any of that money. He was in a position to quit his day job because of his supplements/apparel and monetizing his viral IG clips (for commercials and what-not). 

Edited by DAVE101

On 9/30/2018 at 2:36 AM, Tommy J. said:

Also, you’d think this kind of exposure for the sport would get many more likes here on the board especially?.. i guess there are people here who dont approve?

It's not facebook or instagram, not many people use the like features on here, that's all.

Some pretty cool stuff going on these days.

I have to say this might be one of Jedd’s best grip videos,
and here are some reasons why I say that:

Firstly, I have been watching Juji’s and Tom’s videos for a while now (I would say I am a casual fan) and this was one of the first ones I have seen where both Tom and Juji seem almost 100% serious…
Granted the topic is something I am more interested in, but while they still seem to maintain their great humor, they are actively listening to Jedd and Luke, as Tom tries to learn more about grip.   They never seem to be trying to manufacture the humor. The only real humor seemed to come naturally; like when Juji asked Luke, “Did you just chalk your armpit?”

Secondly, Jedd is the most stripped down I have ever seen on video, and I am not talking about clothing…
Jedd comes across as a quieter version of himself.  For example, the first video is over 30 min, but there is not one single Nature Boy “Wooooo”.   Jedd is calm and conversational.  There is no ego as he explains some of the bigger and some of the smaller tips about Grippers and Rolling Thunder, as well as pinch blocks and the Hub.  For anyone new to the sport of grip, this is a must watch video.

One good quote of Jedd’s comes near the end when he is coaching Tom on the Hub… Jedd is showing some of the more subtle tips on the hub and then he says something like, “That might only give you a few more ounces, but pennies make dollars.”

Luke is also a major force in this video.  He too is calmly dishing out some great grip knowledge in a very calm and collected way.  Everyone comes across natural and authentic in this video, and the knowledge being dished out is great.

One real highlight from the video is when Juji closes a #3 for what he said was the first time.  Juji’s reaction seemed authentic, and the best moment then happens  when Juji immediately shakes Jedd’s hand and says, “Well, looks like you know what your talking about.”

Great job by Tom, Juji, Luke and Jedd in helping  that video walk the line between entertainment and educational.  Loads of info there make that video must watch TV, and I would have to think someone could easily learn something new each time they re-watch it.

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, richcottrell said:

I have to say this might be one of Jedd’s best grip videos,
and here are some reasons why I say that:

Firstly, I have been watching Juji’s and Tom’s videos for a while now (I would say I am a casual fan) and this was one of the first ones I have seen where both Tom and Juji seem almost 100% serious…
Granted the topic is something I am more interested in, but while they still seem to maintain their great humor, they are actively listening to Jedd and Luke, as Tom tries to learn more about grip.   They never seem to be trying to manufacture the humor. The only real humor seemed to come naturally; like when Juji asked Luke, “Did you just chalk your armpit?”

Secondly, Jedd is the most stripped down I have ever seen on video, and I am not talking about clothing…
Jedd comes across as a quieter version of himself.  For example, the first video is over 30 min, but there is not one single Nature Boy “Wooooo”.   Jedd is calm and conversational.  There is no ego as he explains some of the bigger and some of the smaller tips about Grippers and Rolling Thunder, as well as pinch blocks and the Hub.  For anyone new to the sport of grip, this is a must watch video.

One good quote of Jedd’s comes near the end when he is coaching Tom on the Hub… Jedd is showing some of the more subtle tips on the hub and then he says something like, “That might only give you a few more ounces, but pennies make dollars.”

Luke is also a major force in this video.  He too is calmly dishing out some great grip knowledge in a very calm and collected way.  Everyone comes across natural and authentic in this video, and the knowledge being dished out is great.

One real highlight from the video is when Juji closes a #3 for what he said was the first time.  Juji’s reaction seemed authentic, and the best moment then happens  when Juji immediately shakes Jedd’s hand and says, “Well, looks like you know what your talking about.”

Great job by Tom, Juji, Luke and Jedd in helping  that video walk the line between entertainment and educational.  Loads of info there make that video must watch TV, and I would have to think someone could easily learn something new each time they re-watch it.

100% truth.