250 plus and 255 plus 2.5 inch jug

Be careful Joe! I ripped a 63/39mm hole in my brachialis on right hand last friday .. At the 3rd warm attempt (80kg for 5reps) with jug...

IMG_3798.jpg

• Sad 1

2 minutes ago, Ivan Pupchenko said:

Be careful Joe! I ripped a 63/39mm hole in my brachialis on right hand last friday .. At the 3rd warm attempt (80kg for 5reps) with jug...

IMG_3798.jpg

Thank you for letting my know this! I will make sure I warm up enough and listen to my body if something feels wrong. thanks again brother! How bad is the injury?

27 minutes ago, Joseph Sullivan said:

Thank you for letting my know this! I will make sure I warm up enough and listen to my body if something feels wrong. thanks again brother! How bad is the injury?

Fascia and tendon are whole, so I will not do the operation - there will only be more harm from it. I know that I am not the first who receive a similar injury on vertical grip exersises. But in this case, I think that the problem is not in jug, but that I train my arm flexors only in short amplitudes for armwrestling (due to old elbows injuries I shouldn’t do a lot of elbow dynamics). For the future, I will make it a rule to warmup biceps of exactly the lower quarter of the amplitude before vertical grip. Try to do something similar on the warm-up too. I decided to write, because my lift technique is very similar to yours, and accordingly there is a risk of similar injuries ..

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Ivan Pupchenko said:

Fascia and tendon are whole, so I will not do the operation - there will only be more harm from it. I know that I am not the first who receive a similar injury on vertical grip exersises. But in this case, I think that the problem is not in jug, but that I train my arm flexors only in short amplitudes for armwrestling (due to old elbows injuries I shouldn’t do a lot of elbow dynamics). For the future, I will make it a rule to warmup biceps of exactly the lower quarter of the amplitude before vertical grip. Try to do something similar on the warm-up too. I decided to write, because my lift technique is very similar to yours, and accordingly there is a risk of similar injuries ..

I feel absolutely no stress in my arms when I do V bar. But I do everything full range of motion like curls, hammer curls, reverse curls etc. I will be careful though! Are you gonna do KK18??

25 minutes ago, Joseph Sullivan said:

I feel absolutely no stress in my arms when I do V bar. But I do everything full range of motion like curls, hammer curls, reverse curls etc. I will be careful though! Are you gonna do KK18??

Yes, my left sometimes works even better than the right, exept vertical grip and grippers. So I will compete. Vertical grip has always been my weak point and I worked a lot on it this year. Unfortunately, the left will not lift as needed in this exercise, but I hope it will not be the weakest either)))

• Like 1